• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resets

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
The point version or something similar, where you buy a donor rank and boosts get cheaper the higher tier you are or you buy a rank and for 5 dollars more you get a boost. Tbh i think the boosts are too expensive. Needs to be something like 5 to 10 dollars max. Id say the server would gain more money through boosts if they cost less.
But I wouldn't say it's all about money. If they decided to make tier 9 50 dollars, would they get more money? Yes, but you also have to think about other users' experiences. Boost can be great, but they take away from the whole leveling part of herocraft. If everyone bought boosts then people could get bored faster. Boosts are supposed to be rare occurrences, not an all time thing.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
But I wouldn't say it's all about money. If they decided to make tier 9 50 dollars, would they get more money? Yes, but you also have to think about other users' experiences. Boost can be great, but they take away from the whole leveling part of herocraft. If everyone bought boosts then people could get bored faster. Boosts are supposed to be rare occurrences, not an all time thing.
I get what you're saying, but I think the real source of boredom comes from taking a lot of time "grinding" mobs to master a class. The first go around isn't that bad. What causes people to get bored is the fact that they don't want to go through the trouble of leveling a new class. They stick with the first class they level, maybe the second, which eventually gets boring. I feel that easing the leveling "experience" allows players to explore what multiple classes have to offer.

Also I feel that boosts should come with a disclaimer stating that the map does periodically reset and that levels do not carry over through map resets. The whole reason this thread was created in the first place could have been avoided.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This will probably be the first map I never master anything. Mobs are just so much tougher than in the past, farming barely gives exp and there are no boosts in EU playtime.

I disagree with levels carrying over resets as some people suggested, that would just be stupid. Why even bother reseting if week 1 of a new map is the same as week 40 of an old map?

Just make leveling easier by decreasing the amount of exp needed to master, and for the love of God increase farming exp and farming soul drops.

The point version or something similar, where you buy a donor rank and boosts get cheaper the higher tier you are or you buy a rank and for 5 dollars more you get a boost. Tbh i think the boosts are too expensive. Needs to be something like 5 to 10 dollars max. Id say the server would gain more money through boosts if they cost less.

You are confusing me. Before you made it sound like boosts should work towards donor perks, but in this post it sounds more like you are saying donor perks should work towards boosts.

Who plays herocraft for the leveling? I get bored from the grinding not from enjoying my class and having fun pvping other people using all the skills at the disposal of that class. But I agree with what you are saying about boost being rare. Let me make this perfectly clear, I am NOT saying classes should be handed out for free or that leveling all classes should be possible within a week. What I am saying is it would be nice if the xp was either easier to get or the xp curve for later levels wasnt as high. I am guessing the adventure map will make leveling better but I have no idea if that is 10% done or 80%.

I would like if a mod or @Kainzo could let us know how they feel about the ideas suggested from carbash.

1. Using a codex while being the same class as what the codex gives would give you xp for that class. Like if a Miner uses a Codex of Spelunking it would give him 300 xp.

2. Boosts should give points each time you buy them. When you have earned a certain amount of points you are rewarded with the first donator tier. You can then earn points towards the next donator tier. The points earned could be affected by the power of the boost. 200% xp for 1 hour would give you 100 points while a 200% exp for 2 hours would give you 200 points.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1) We're not going to enable boosts to supporter tiers.

2) Resets are never really planned until its right in our face, rest assured its not something we want to do, but if we do have to do it, it will be a "FULL" reset.

3) We may able to give incentives so that when you buy a boost it can accumulate or combine to another boost. (Similar to how we have Tokens of Favor, or maybe just give more tokens of favor)

4) The adventure map will change most everything about leveling in Herocraft. The "survival" servers, PVP and PVE will have boss mobs spawning randomly to make things more interesting for those who dont want to level on Adventure.

1) We're not going to enable boosts to supporter tiers.

2) Resets are never really planned until its right in our face, rest assured its not something we want to do, but if we do have to do it, it will be a "FULL" reset.

3) We may able to give incentives so that when you buy a boost it can accumulate or combine to another boost. (Similar to how we have Tokens of Favor, or maybe just give more tokens of favor)

4) The adventure map will change most everything about leveling in Herocraft. The "survival" servers, PVP and PVE will have boss mobs spawning randomly to make things more interesting for those who dont want to level on Adventure.

Can you say how much progress has been made for the adventure map. I don't know if its something that has just started being worked on or if it will be done in the near future. Also how do you feel about the codexs giving some xp for a class if you are that class?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Can you say how much progress has been made for the adventure map. I don't know if its something that has just started being worked on or if it will be done in the near future. Also how do you feel about the codexs giving some xp for a class if you are that class?
It's possible, however would take some more work.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I was basically just putting ideas out there, was suggesting both as different aproaches. The big issue here is that you guys didnt know lvls reset on map resets. That you felt the money spent on boosts was wasted. The biggest thing id like to see from this is a disclaimer stating that lvls dont carry over map resets attatched to the boosts.

Blackpatcher

Stone
I was basically just putting ideas out there, was suggesting both as different aproaches. The big issue here is that you guys didnt know lvls reset on map resets. That you felt the money spent on boosts was wasted. The biggest thing id like to see from this is a disclaimer stating that lvls dont carry over map resets attatched to the boosts.
Its common sense that on a map reset everything else would be reset too, every minecraft server works like that.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Its common sense that on a map reset everything else would be reset too, every minecraft server works like that.
I like how you use "common sense" as an argument , and that may be true if you have played on other such servers . Consider, if you will, that this was your very first multiplayer server. You enjoy it so much that you decide to buy a boost not knowing that a map reset is iminant and with that reset comes class wipes as well. All im saying is that, stating that resets happen and that they will reset your levels, will avoid topics like these from showing up in the first place. If they happen to occur again all you'd have to do is redirect them to the disclaimer.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I like how you use "common sense" as an argument , and that may be true if you have played on other such servers . Consider, if you will, that this was your very first multiplayer server. You enjoy it so much that you decide to buy a boost not knowing that a map reset is iminant and with that reset comes class wipes as well. All im saying is that, stating that resets happen and that they will reset your levels, will avoid topics like these from showing up in the first place. If they happen to occur again all you'd have to do is redirect them to the disclaimer.

Maybe this would be good yes, I always assumed this was listed on the announcements too.

In any case what happnes on wipe is:

Map is Reset.

Lose all Coins/Souls

Lose all levels

You keep donor and titles.

Actually you are wrong. It is not common sense and not every server does it. I have played on a minecraft server that did a total reset of everything but gave everyone back their levels after the reset. I have seen other servers that reset just the map but keep everything else as well. This is actually the first server I have seen that does complete resets for everything.

Last edited:
i have played on a server where the people that owned towns that were well build had there town copied and pasted on the next map resetting everything on a map reset is something new to me and while i can see why some people want to start from scratch all i think should happen is to give something back to the players for there time spent playing your server and and spending the money