• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resets

I know that resetting some stuff might be necessary but is resetting everything?

I used to play on herocraft and it was one of the better servers that I have played on. I like the heroes mod but I hate grinding. I actually enjoyed herocraft enough to level several classes. I was taking a break from herocraft and when I came back everything had been reset. I couldn't care less about the map/money/towns but even the classes that I spent weeks working on were gone. Some people are fine with this and I am sure some people hated this and stopped playing on the server because of it. I had no idea there was going to be a reset and I am sure some people who join the server for the first time are unaware. Resetting everything seems like a bad idea for two reasons.

1. Player Retention.
Like I stated previously some people (including me) hate grinding. If they stay on the server and get a class actually leveled up they are going to be most likely angry when they find out everything they did was for no reason when it gets wiped. I barely came back after the wipe and only because I like the heroes mod and mostly because I have some good memories from playing on this/other servers with the mod. If people who don't like grinding find out that it's pointless they might just not bother staying/joining. That not only means that the server isn't getting that player but they could have several friends that they could have brought in or take with them when they leave. I play minecraft with friends so if a friend really dosn't like a server or is having problems on it everyone I play with finds a different server instead of staying on one that not everyone can enjoy.

2. Money
When someone finds out that the server is going to be reset they are less likely to spend money on the server. With very little incentive to pay for something like an xp boost the server could be loosing out on some money. I have a friend who refuses to spend a penny on this server now since he thinks its a complete waste because of resets.

The adventure map will make it more bearable but if it still takes weeks to level a class I don't think it will really help that much.

*Note: It probably dosnt really take weeks to level up a class, but if it feels that way to the player it dosnt really matter.

I agree with the reset to an extent resetting the map is fine resetting the money is fine resetting the items is fine BUT when u reset something that people have paid real money to achieve and don't give any thing back as a compensation is wrong people should know these kind of things are going to happen before they spend the money because all this says is hey come spend this money so u can lvl and go have fun faster but o u got there ok let me reset it so that can spend this money again and get there again i have played on many heroes servers but never have i seen one completely resetting everything that they achieved without giving something in return whether it be there lvls back or something to compensate for the time and money spent getting there @Kainzo

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
The grinding is something we're trying to deal with as it's obvious to everyone that there's room for improvement. The map has been reset several times and some people like to start fresh. While it's true money used to by boost might not be useful when exp is reset, things like ranks, special titles, pets, hats..etc stay with the player forever.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I see where you are coming from, but leveling up classes is part of the game. And after a lot of people master those classes and get all those items, they want to start fresh. I agree sometimes a restart can be annoying and can sometimes make your work seem pointless, but I think they are necessary for the server.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I see where you are coming from, but leveling up classes is part of the game. And after a lot of people master those classes and get all those items, they want to start fresh. I agree sometimes a restart can be annoying and can sometimes make your work seem pointless, but I think they are necessary for the server.

Also, according to the complaint about the exp/lvl reset, it puts all players on an equal lvl again. That includes starters and experienced veterans. Everyone will have the chance to start new, on a fresh world and on equal lvls. No one will have an advantage, except personal experience of course.
The staff doesn't like to do it, but it's a necessity, as apparently the experience has taught, that resets are simply better, if not for some players, it is for the majority.

the main concern is just the lvling u want to reset thats fine u want to reset the classes thats fine but give people something in return for that hard work time and money spent getting there

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
the main concern is just the lvling u want to reset thats fine u want to reset the classes thats fine but give people something in return for that hard work time and money spent getting there

I mentioned it in the chat before, remember? Time is something you waste anyway, no matter what you do or what you play.
It is not a fact you can come up with in my opinion.
But according to the fact that the money spent on exp boosts is wasted for the player, it is true that there could improvements be made, I agree, but Lightning recognized above already that the system requires improvement in some way.
Also: Please use commas and full stops. I find your sentences hard to read.

Last edited:

While it is true some people want to reset and want to start fresh it is also true that some people don't. But these resets are giving the people who want it what they want while forcing those who don't to either start over or quit playing. Also I have never played a game where you level up a class and then get reset and level it up again.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Also I have never played a game where you level up a class and then get reset and level it up again.

Happens on many servers, not only but mostly "private servers", of mmorpgs specifically. Servers set up by a smaller group of developers and video game enthusiasts that don't have the income for several or one large and powerful server(s). These are often reset because the owners want to offer new players to actually stand a chance against the massively "overpowered" and experienced players on the server. Not just that factor, but also updates or implementing a completely new world can also be the reason. This sample works in a similar way on Minecraft servers, and I'm sure not only on this one here. There will always be players that dislike and players that like the idea behind that, which will always remain the same for so many other things in our little video game world.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Not reading this whole thing
Leveling is cancer make it easier

I see that you are lazy and don't want to, but why not suggest it?
It won't be heard if you don't suggest it with straight up facts, pros and cons, examples and possible ways how to change it.
After all it's something everyone could profit from, even the staff, since you guys may help them out with that.
And if people really want it to change, this is the way they should request the change.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I know that resetting some stuff might be necessary but is resetting everything?

I used to play on herocraft and it was one of the better servers that I have played on. I like the heroes mod but I hate grinding. I actually enjoyed herocraft enough to level several classes. I was taking a break from herocraft and when I came back everything had been reset. I couldn't care less about the map/money/towns but even the classes that I spent weeks working on were gone. Some people are fine with this and I am sure some people hated this and stopped playing on the server because of it. I had no idea there was going to be a reset and I am sure some people who join the server for the first time are unaware. Resetting everything seems like a bad idea for two reasons.

1. Player Retention.
Like I stated previously some people (including me) hate grinding. If they stay on the server and get a class actually leveled up they are going to be most likely angry when they find out everything they did was for no reason when it gets wiped. I barely came back after the wipe and only because I like the heroes mod and mostly because I have some good memories from playing on this/other servers with the mod. If people who don't like grinding find out that it's pointless they might just not bother staying/joining. That not only means that the server isn't getting that player but they could have several friends that they could have brought in or take with them when they leave. I play minecraft with friends so if a friend really dosn't like a server or is having problems on it everyone I play with finds a different server instead of staying on one that not everyone can enjoy.

2. Money
When someone finds out that the server is going to be reset they are less likely to spend money on the server. With very little incentive to pay for something like an xp boost the server could be loosing out on some money. I have a friend who refuses to spend a penny on this server now since he thinks its a complete waste because of resets.

The adventure map will make it more bearable but if it still takes weeks to level a class I don't think it will really help that much.

*Note: It probably dosnt really take weeks to level up a class, but if it feels that way to the player it dosnt really matter.
Resets are a part of life on Minecraft Servers ( At least the good ones in my opinion ) as new systems make resets inevitable. Not to mention explots ( Like duplication ) can corrupt a Worlds economy, essentialy making the game impossible to play.

Grinding though... XD Thats a part of EVERY game... ( Heck even Pokemon... Dratini Power! >.< ) It may not be enjoyable to some, but no game that lets you have the freedom to lvl and play however you want, there is going to be grinding involved. ( This may be less noticeble with quests ) but griding is required for now. Sowwie!

Making leveling up easier in general would probably help keep some players who don't like grinding.
Err... Handing them a free class wouldn't make them want to stay, we need activities to keep people busy not just classes ( Once you give classes to everyone then it isn't special any more is it XD )
Also, according to the complaint about the exp/lvl reset, it puts all players on an equal lvl again. That includes starters and experienced veterans. Everyone will have the chance to start new, on a fresh world and on equal lvls. No one will have an advantage, except personal experience of course.
The staff doesn't like to do it, but it's a necessity, as apparently the experience has taught, that resets are simply better, if not for some players, it is for the majority.
I agree. Nobody likes resets ( I loved the Haven reset but thats just me and my town :3 ) and a fresh start keeps things from getting old. Like reseting your version of Pokemon to play it differently, its a thing to keep people interested longer :D

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
why was the required xp to master a combat class increased by almost 50k if its supposed to become less of a grind and more fun to lvl?

Resets are a part of life on Minecraft Servers ( At least the good ones in my opinion ) as new systems make resets inevitable. Not to mention explots ( Like duplication ) can corrupt a Worlds economy, essentialy making the game impossible to play.

Like I said the map/items/money isn't really a problem.

Grinding though... XD Thats a part of EVERY game... ( Heck even Pokemon... Dratini Power! >.< ) It may not be enjoyable to some, but no game that lets you have the freedom to lvl and play however you want, there is going to be grinding involved. ( This may be less noticeble with quests ) but griding is required for now. Sowwie!

Err... Handing them a free class wouldn't make them want to stay, we need activities to keep people busy not just classes ( Once you give classes to everyone then it isn't special any more is it XD )

I never said anything about handing them a free class, but making leveling a little bit faster would go a long way. The reason I play on heroes servers is to form a town and battle other towns using your skills in your class, which is kinda hard to do when you are still trying to level after a week.

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Codexes should give xp if you are already a class and use the same codex. This way we can purchase our way through leveling with souls. The leveling on this server does suck pretty bad ill have to admit. Boosts should go toward donor perks in some way.

Codexes should give xp if you are already a class and use the same codex. This way we can purchase our way through leveling with souls. The leveling on this server does suck pretty bad ill have to admit. Boosts should go toward donor perks in some way.
that is a really good suggestion and i couldn't agree with it more

I like both of these ideas as well. Especially the codex suggestion.
For working towards donor perks are you talking about a direct way like a xp boost is $39.99 so you should get donor rewards up to that level? Or more like you should get a certain amount of points every time you buy a boost based on how much of a boost it is and when you accumulate a certain amount of points you are awarded the first donor tier and then you can start earning more points towards the next and so on?

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I like both of these ideas as well. Especially the codex suggestion.
For working towards donor perks are you talking about a direct way like a xp boost is $39.99 so you should get donor rewards up to that level? Or more like you should get a certain amount of points every time you buy a boost based on how much of a boost it is and when you accumulate a certain amount of points you are awarded the first donor tier and then you can start earning more points towards the next and so on?
The point version or something similar, where you buy a donor rank and boosts get cheaper the higher tier you are or you buy a rank and for 5 dollars more you get a boost. Tbh i think the boosts are too expensive. Needs to be something like 5 to 10 dollars max. Id say the server would gain more money through boosts if they cost less.