• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove this BS under level 10 thing.

Remove it?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

TeamShovel

Legacy Supporter 7
all it is noobs running into towns. looting. trying 2 kill us with flint and steel. dropping water buckets. etc. its getting rather stupid not being able 2 kill them unless u trap em in a region. and light them on fire. Fix this or remove it.

Like this needs to be fixed ASAP. this guy has bin running around our res dropping water, lighting us on fire and just destroying our farms ( its legal but nothing we can do to defend it) im sure other ppl are having this problem. LEVEL 10 is either WAY to HIGH or just needs to be removed in General

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Although this may be a problem the level 10 was implemented to stop the constant camping of news and making them rage quit the server.

It should stay as it is however being under level 10 removes the permission to use a flint and steel if that's the problem.
Looting chests. Well tbh they can't really loot anything special and if you aren't putting valuables in an lwc or somewhere protected then you better start.
Just remove perms of using flint and steel.

TeamShovel

Legacy Supporter 7
Although this may be a problem the level 10 was implemented to stop the constant camping of news and making them rage quit the server.

It should stay as it is however being under level 10 removes the permission to use a flint and steel if that's the problem.
Looting chests. Well tbh they can't really loot anything special and if you aren't putting valuables in an lwc or somewhere protected then you better start.
Just remove perms of using flint and steel.
and water buckets. kid is running around with it.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
What is wrong with water buckets just report it as grief otherwise it isn't that much of a problem.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Why not make it so that you can't place water/use flint and steel at levels below 10? That would make it less OP! :p

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Instead of it being level 10, I think it should be two hours after the time of your first log in. The server obviously knows someone first login since we have that welcome message. Two hours of play time after that should allow PvP.
That way it also prevents people from resetting.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Instead of it being level 10, I think it should be two hours after the time of your first log in. The server obviously knows someone first login since we have that welcome message. Two hours of play time after that should allow PvP.
That way it also prevents people from resetting.
Kainzo has already said there will be no time based pvp-off. I already pitched it to him D:

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Why not make it so that you can't place water/use flint and steel at levels below 10? That would make it less OP! :p
This. So much.

The abuse of pvp immunity is so frustrating. People say "oh, use flint and steel her der" but it doesn't work like that. Humans are unpredictable. The suspect player might run away, run into water, stand on top of a chest to avoid fire, etc etc.

This needs to be removed or limited. This is a hardcore server, and shouldn't have been added for the beginning of a new map. At the end of a map, yes, but it is not necessary any more.

From Another Topic
This simply should NOT exist. Even without the flint and steel, being immune to pvp gives you IMMENSE opportunities to be the most massive dick troll in existence. I can walk into someones base who is just getting started, kill all their livestock, steal all their chests, and laugh in their face while I do it. It creates a shitty environment where people stay below level 10 just to troll and aggravate.

The only reason anyone said we even have this is to make it "easier for new players to get started". I'm sorry we are no longer "Hardcore PVP" if this exists. At least with the original system, if I was attacked by a high level player, I could get a few licks in before they raided me or killed me, hell I remember when I was a caster with fireblast I could go toe to toe with much higher level players.

I mean last I checked this was a hardcore pvp server... not a let people be carebear trolls till level 10 server. Just saying.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@funkyfunk71 has been non stop harassing our town for the past two days. He has cleared our crops, furnaces, and animal farms already and we can't do anything about it. It's extremely frustrating and unfair for someone to be able to abuse their PvP immunity in that way. I'm begging for a removal of this, it's counter intuitive at best and detrimental at worse.

This below level 10 thing has been causing more trouble than it's worth. The intentions of this change isn't being met. :p People are using it for aggressive reasons rather than to help themselves get started... :/

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember I raided with 6 guys yesterday, the enemies just sent out 5 noobs with flint & Steel and lit us on fire...

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
A nerf on Flint 'n Steel fire tick damage could help. Or a time-based PVP-OFF rather than level based. It just isn't working.