• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove this BS under level 10 thing.

Remove it?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I remember I raided with 6 guys yesterday, the enemies just sent out 5 noobs with flint & Steel and lit us on fire...
From our group, it was only us two, because others had aldready left to spawn. But seriously, we would have owned their asses without the no-PVP burners. I remember how the whole ground was on fire.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember when high level players would raid new player settlements repeatedly destroying their crops and emptying the contents of their chest not to steal but to harass. They would just leave the destroyed crops and chest contents on the ground and kill the newer players repeatedly until it all despawned. There was nothing at all the newer players could do. When new players would complain about it we would all just say "hey it is a hardcore server deal with it." The level 10 no pvp was put in place to stop this and now that the shoe is on the other foot you can see why. @Kainzo and the balance team will solve this in time but balance is whats needed not removal.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I have a few questions for everyone here.

How would you feel about this if you were back in your old towns last map? Safely behind a regioned area where they couldn't bother you? The only reason this is an issue to you all is because you are not CURRENTLY safe. This seems go be a very clear trend with suggestions from the majority of players. This is a safety measure so we don't have new players join and spend some time just getting their feet under them to come face to face with some speced person out for blood.

I am not exepted from this generalization of players slaughtering new players, however I can see a good thing when there is one. Herocraft can benefit from more active and dedicated players and we can't find them if we keep pushingthem away before they
have a chance to actually see the server fully.

Anyone can see that this system needs work however, there is no need to jump to such rash decisions. The system needs to stay in place and be tweaked slightly so the protected players are unable to harass players. Just give it time, there are many more important things to be worked on right now.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I have a few questions for everyone here.

How would you feel about this if you were back in your old towns last map? Safely behind a regioned area where they couldn't bother you? The only reason this is an issue to you all is because you are not CURRENTLY safe. This seems go be a very clear trend with suggestions from the majority of players. This is a safety measure so we don't have new players join and spend some time just getting their feet under them to come face to face with some speced person out for blood.

I am not exepted from this generalization of players slaughtering new players, however I can see a good thing when there is one. Herocraft can benefit from more active and dedicated players and we can't find them if we keep pushingthem away before they
have a chance to actually see the server fully.

Anyone can see that this system needs work however, there is no need to jump to such rash decisions. The system needs to stay in place and be tweaked slightly so the protected players are unable to harass players. Just give it time, there are many more important things to be worked on right now.
Making the use of flint & Steel not possible before lvl 10 Crafter could fix this thing where new members uses it to kill higher leveled players.

As a semi-new player, I agree that the "before level 10 no-PVP" is a great thing. I have gotten a few friends to join the server since the change, and being able to explore and learn the ropes of Herocraft before being camped is a great tool for new players. Even myself, knowing I didn't have to watch my back for the first 10 levels was a nice comfort and it gives the player the ability to jump into the world of PVP on their own time, instead of being forced into it. Also, some players may not even want to PVP and can just be builders (albeit with restrictions). Getting rid of the new feature would be a mistake in my opinion.

As for the flint and steel, as Etkenn said, just make it a level 10 passive Crafter skill and be done with it. :)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Flint and steel should go to pyro only, this way to be able to use it a person must be over level 10 and a specced as a pyro. (If people wanted to use it for a fireplaces etc... maybe make it so it can be placed on netherrack?)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
How about we can't use flint and steel until level 10 or something but the pvp under 10 protection stays?

So nobody can use flint and steel unless they are level 10 or unless they are a donor?

I also agree with c12095, I have seen NEW players pretty much quit because they are getting killed when they are under level 10 leading them to loss of many items.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Funny. No one in here has even HAD the idea "Oh, lets make PVP immunity last till level 5 that way people the people that decide to not do anything will be wasting their time and falling behind" Cmon guys Time based is an option but how viable? Doing other suggestions may push people away, I like the level 15 idea for flint and steel for classes, however I think it would be alot easier to minimize the amount of levels you have to level to be PVP Immune, Who knows some random ass decides to be pvp immune for the hole map and suddenly hes asking "WOW Everyone is a high level.. why? why are all the towns secure? etc etc."

Funny. No one in here has even HAD the idea "Oh, lets make PVP immunity last till level 5 that way people the people that decide to not do anything will be wasting their time and falling behind" Cmon guys Time based is an option but how viable? Doing other suggestions may push people away, I like the level 15 idea for flint and steel for classes, however I think it would be alot easier to minimize the amount of levels you have to level to be PVP Immune, Who knows some random ass decides to be pvp immune for the hole map and suddenly hes asking "WOW Everyone is a high level.. why? why are all the towns secure? etc etc."
sounds like a good idea :D