• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Griefing

TNT regenerates blocks after about 2 minutes. TNT does not destroy structures, it's only temporary destruction.

Okay, so you completely ignore the rest of my statement?

I, my townies, and no one else should be threatened to "come out"/"pay 50k coins" or get griefed/TNT'd. That's an abuse of power, and it's intimidation.

This is supposed to be a PVP AND PVE server; those that want to PVE shouldn't be forced to PVP if they don't want to, especially in areas of towns or regions they own.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

I, my townies, and no one else should be threatened to "come out"/"pay 50k coins" or get griefed/TNT'd. That's an abuse of power, and it's intimidation.

This is supposed to be a PVP AND PVE server; those that want to PVE shouldn't be forced to PVP if they don't want to, especially in areas of towns or regions they own.

Easy there.

Given the size of a town, it is very unlikely that anyone would waste the required amount of TNT to go all the way down to bedrock where I imagine your town mates would be hiding (if this is the case). If miraculously they do decide to waste 10+ TNT just to mess with you guys, then you still have options;

1) Fight them. You technically have an advantage since nobody knows the town better than your own townmates. I suggest building traps in town just incase something like this happens. Lure them to the trap and make quick work of them.

2) Ask for help. If you're outnumbered, out-leveled, or just out-skilled, ask for help from the server. Believe it or not there are people STARVING for open world PVP (me included) and would jump at the opportunity for some action.

3) Use 3 Redstone blocks to /warp spawn. Just leave town. They'll get bored if there's nobody to harass. Find something else to do for the time being in spawn/dungeons. Maybe explore other areas.

Much like the real world, nobody wants to get killed, but that's what makes this game fun, for me at least. Defend yourself. Keep dying. Learn from your mistakes. Level up. Get better. Eventually you'll be able to kill the attackers. If your town has enough active members, and they all are somewhat skillful in PVP, you'll have a fighting chance, and that might be enough for these "raiders" to leave you alone.

spiralz

Obsidian

No, this server is a PVP/PVE MIX, not either or. If you want purely PVE, you'd have to never leave a dungeon. If you want to build, do so within your town regions so that it cannot be destroyed. If you want to avoid PVP, get clever and make a town that's as difficult to get in to as possible instead of whining about it, and if your town gets camped, just do whatever building work you have to do underground and ignore them until they get bored. Don't give harassers the satisfaction of getting a reaction out of you. The Mods aren't going to hold your hand and tell you everything's gonna be ok.

As far as purposeful griefing goes, it's just a childish and disrespectful edgy-kid thing to do. I enjoy seeing what other people build and am glad to see roads and such and it is a shame when they are fucked with. I think the 100 block from town deal is good. Also, major griefing should be illegal, such as purposely destroying something that someone spent a fraction of their real lifespan to build, but things like dirt pillars and single broken blocks that are easy to replace shouldn't be a big deal.

Pro Tip: If you don't wanna be a douche but still want to pillar up a wall or some shit, use sand or gravel so that the town owners can easily take it all down with a simple torch.

@STDs4YouAnd4Me, I've been playing long enough to have the ability to PVP but not wish to do so -- because, like I said previously, the only times I see the need to do so is if I'm caught in the open world running from one place to another, or if I'm actively participating in a PVP dungeon/event.

Why should I have to go down ANYWHERE to avoid people, first of all? And secondly -- I haven't been on the last WEEK for more than a few hours collectively, because I HAVE done that. I HAVE been hiding, and attempting to wait them out. When it becomes SIX HOURS of waiting (IN ONE DAY) to escape, then is it my fault or the campers?

My town's been built on the inside, for the most part; everything else is now outward. And when I or others are IN our town regions building, not actively participating in PVP, then why is it suddenly our fault for being caught outside??

@spiralz, the whole point of PVP/PVE mix is so that you have an active community doing both, whenever they CHOOSE, not when they are forced into it. Great games that do this well are World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online -- both have the ability to toggle pvp on or off, or have designated areas where it's safe/unsafe to kill as many PVPers as possible.

Here? It is more of a challenge when you start up, because everyone (at least at the beginning of a map) is on the same playing field, and it becomes a free for all. However, when it gets weeks and months out from the start of the map and those that are less into PVP have already settled into their towns, why should those people have to choose between fighting people they KNOW are better PVPers (just for the possibility of getting the aggressors away from the town) or hiding for God knows how long to "wait it out"?

TLDR: THE CHALLENGE IS GOOD; THE HARASSMENT IS NOT. IT DOESN'T MAKE THE GAME FUN TO COME ON AND GET CAMPED FOR 3+ HOURS DAILY JUST TO "WAIT IT OUT" IN ORDER TO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
@STDs4YouAnd4Me, I've been playing long enough to have the ability to PVP but not wish to do so -- because, like I said previously, the only times I see the need to do so is if I'm caught in the open world running from one place to another, or if I'm actively participating in a PVP dungeon/event.

Why should I have to go down ANYWHERE to avoid people, first of all? And secondly -- I haven't been on the last WEEK for more than a few hours collectively, because I HAVE done that. I HAVE been hiding, and attempting to wait them out. When it becomes SIX HOURS of waiting (IN ONE DAY) to escape, then is it my fault or the campers?

My town's been built on the inside, for the most part; everything else is now outward. And when I or others are IN our town regions building, not actively participating in PVP, then why is it suddenly our fault for being caught outside??

@spiralz, the whole point of PVP/PVE mix is so that you have an active community doing both, whenever they CHOOSE, not when they are forced into it. Great games that do this well are World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online -- both have the ability to toggle pvp on or off, or have designated areas where it's safe/unsafe to kill as many PVPers as possible.

Here? It is more of a challenge when you start up, because everyone (at least at the beginning of a map) is on the same playing field, and it becomes a free for all. However, when it gets weeks and months out from the start of the map and those that are less into PVP have already settled into their towns, why should those people have to choose between fighting people they KNOW are better PVPers (just for the possibility of getting the aggressors away from the town) or hiding for God knows how long to "wait it out"?

TLDR: THE CHALLENGE IS GOOD; THE HARASSMENT IS NOT. IT DOESN'T MAKE THE GAME FUN TO COME ON AND GET CAMPED FOR 3+ HOURS DAILY JUST TO "WAIT IT OUT" IN ORDER TO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

I'm going to use 3 words to solve the solution to your problem;

Build some walls.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
At first I sympathized with your town, but the more I read about it the more I understand that your town has not been built to keep people out.

The rules clearly state we can't go above a certain height without admin approval.

Seeing as how there have been several admins helping in the raiding of my town, you think they'd approve anything higher than the 30 block limit that's been in place?

So tell me again what I should do, because you seem full of great advice.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The rules clearly state we can't go above a certain height without admin approval.

Seeing as how there have been several admins helping in the raiding of my town, you think they'd approve anything higher than the 30 block limit that's been in place?

Bring your walls inward so that people can't dirt pillar over your walls. There's no skill in the game that will allow someone to leap a 30 block wall.

I'm happy to give you my great advice.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
@Admins Is it possible to get some official statement from the staff saying what is and what isn't being taken into consideration on suggestion threads.
All it ends up being is just various people commenting their own shit and no one has the slightest clue if anything is even gonna happen and if making suggestion threads is even worth the time

And this goes towards every suggestion thread

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Dont remeber if you took part i can ask my town leader he has logs. But for who griefed who first it was Icesomething that griefed out signs first and our road and bridge that was part of castleblack. We told your leader and him not to touch our stuff. We were ignored and it continued happening and then we took action

You never PM'd me about being griefed. Also, who is Ice? I don't think we have an 'ice' in our town...

I didn't get a PM ingame, on the forums or on discord, so I don't know how you've tried contacting me.

I wake up one day, find out the first 100blocks of our road, and support pillars are gone. I prism, and find out that IronForge griefed it.

The person that had spent a lot of effort building our bridge to the HG then griefed your bridge, and I dug a trench around your base to find an easy way in, after which I used TNT in a cave to go straight into your chest room.

people in town at map start from a backup of the town forum post (no 'ice' to be seen):

-w0nd3rb0yCK - Second in Command
-c12095 - Clan Leader, Manager

-Mr_W0nderful - Manager
-Paul_Bakken - Architect

-Donal
-yoIyo
-bingy1218
-Nuclear_Couch

-radicater11
-PhantomWarriorA
-DuBEST
-Hai_o3o
-Rumblestikk
-MyCoalRocks
-Dewyn
-Acars
-GreenLikeTea
-PancakeHeroXii
-GlitchedSlayer

current members

Last edited:

Boomer779

TNT
You never PM'd me about being griefed. Also, who is Ice? I don't think we have an 'ice' in our town...

I didn't get a PM ingame, on the forums or on discord, so I don't know how you've tried contacting me.

I wake up one day, find out the first 100blocks of our road, and support pillars are gone. I prism, and find out that IronForge griefed it.

The person that had spent a lot of effort building our bridge to the HG then griefed your bridge, and I dug a trench around your base to find an easy way in, after which I used TNT in a cave to go straight into your chest room.

people in town at map start from a backup of the town forum post (no 'ice' to be seen):

-w0nd3rb0yCK - Second in Command
-c12095 - Clan Leader, Manager

-Mr_W0nderful - Manager
-Paul_Bakken - Architect

-Donal
-yoIyo
-bingy1218
-Nuclear_Couch

-radicater11
-PhantomWarriorA
-DuBEST
-Hai_o3o
-Rumblestikk
-MyCoalRocks
-Dewyn
-Acars
-GreenLikeTea
-PancakeHeroXii
-GlitchedSlayer

current members
After looking through logs, you are right in the sense that ice whoever wasnt in the town (he did break blocks, but doesnt matter now). However, MyCoalRocks was a person who did break blocks in the roads AND changed signs. My leader SilentDoom messaged you numerous times in game as well as MyCoalRocks to ask to stop and why he did it. You never responded so and it kept happening so we took action. You never once contacted us either about what happened to your bridge and why, so i think we are even in that respect.

Little ticked about the trench when you could have just gone from the side or in the front. Think it was overkill in my opinion and then constantly threatening us with it too. I'm sorry if misunderstandings happened in all of this, but this and numerous other aspects of the server just ruined it for us. I want better rules on griefing to be established so we just don't have situations like this. Or simply have rules that protect town built structures. Either way myself and my town won't be joining any time soon.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Admins do not play the game, so no way should they be helping in the raid. If a admin is abusing his power feel free to report it to the other admins.

On the other hand walls will almost always be approved if they look decent. Which basically means some design with multiple blocks and effort

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@Admins Is it possible to get some official statement from the staff saying what is and what isn't being taken into consideration on suggestion threads.
All it ends up being is just various people commenting their own shit and no one has the slightest clue if anything is even gonna happen and if making suggestion threads is even worth the time

And this goes towards every suggestion thread

I completely agree that greifing rules need to change. I among other staff have discussed bringing back the 100 blocks protections of towns. More or less we all agree, now we need Kainzo to agree.

@Admins @Kainzo

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

Just build a dome over your town out of glass and say its a force barrier like the gungans used in star wars episode one the phantom menace great practicality and fits in lore-wise.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Honestly I think the 30 block rule should change that rule was introduced back in 2012/13, it was implemented so that it would be possible to break into towns and so that players would stop building ground to sky walls around their towns. The reason it was 30 blocks was because the dragoon ability "Super Jump" was around that height.

But with TNT being introduced and you can just blow a hole through walls I'd have no problem removing this rule or at least editing it so that it prevents building walls from the ground up to the build limit.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I completely agree that greifing rules need to change. I among other staff have discussed bringing back the 100 blocks protections of towns. More or less we all agree, now we need Kainzo to agree.

@Admins @Kainzo
Honestly I think the 30 block rule should change that rule was introduced back in 2012/13, it was implemented so that it would be possible to break into towns and so that players would stop building ground to sky walls around their towns. The reason it was 30 blocks was because the dragoon ability "Super Jump" was around that height.

But with TNT being introduced and you can just blow a hole through walls I'd have no problem removing this rule or at least editing it so that it prevents building walls from the ground up to the build limit.
I also agree, I think that the 30 block rule is arbitrary at this point.
If admins/mods want to police it. I'm fine with that, this is really a staff decision if they can actually keep up with the workload.