• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Floating Island Arena Map

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
You clearly havent tried to play a class that has those skills. Also, if you sneak while Confused, you dont pretty much move at all.
I don't like the lava ones either... :eek:
Someone jumped into the lava and QuantomLeaped me into it, I used Jump to get out, but it didn't work, I just got stuck in lava. (This happens every time I'm in lava, I can't get out, even when I use jump D:)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for removing the most fun arena. The pillar/lava pool level is great for a few reasons. One, and the most biased, it is the largest and offers great rewards for good long range casters/bow shooters. Two, the lava is NOT difficult to avoid, just do not run near it and even tremor will not knock you into it. Three, the pillars and those steps at the end offer great utility.

The biggest argument for not removing the lava is that the pure size of the level, which in NO way forces you to get near the lava. It may take you a bit longer to get to the enemy, but you will be safe from lava if you stay about 10-20 blocks from it, which isnt hard at all due to the levels size.

You mentioned Quantum Leap. This skill is gimicky (in skirms) and can put you in the lava only if they are already there and you are close. I suggest next time you see a leather clad caster jump into lava you back up out of range and start laughing.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I remember when a Dragoon once Tremored me so I flied over the lava without touching it at all. That was fun :)

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't like the lava ones either... :eek:
Someone jumped into the lava and QuantomLeaped me into it, I used Jump to get out, but it didn't work, I just got stuck in lava. (This happens every time I'm in lava, I can't get out, even when I use jump D:)

Thats what makes that skill any good. You need to avoid it, it's part of combat. Be ready for everything, afterall 8)

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Meh, I like all of the skirmish maps, though I do have to agree with Barnabus, hiding till the timer is over to get a tie is not okay. :p

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Thats what makes that skill any good. You need to avoid it, it's part of combat. Be ready for everything, afterall 8)
How would I avoid it, when it's only cast (afaik) when you hit someone? He actually hit the lava before he used it, so I couldn't get out of the lava at all, and that made me lose instantly :L

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
You do, indeed move. Correct you are in the fact that if you sneak, you will not be pushed off the map or into the lava. The fact of whether or not I have played a class with those skills is irrelevant, as I have first hand experience in their effects.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
When you guys talk abot the lava map and the floating islands map
I do really agree that they should be removed.
These map are not testing players PvP skills

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Since I have played WoW
most fancy and lava maps are not welcomed by the players
If anything can kill a player that is not another player the player will just blame about bad luck and not about their own PvP skills
As I play WoW I found out that many players quit arena just because of the map is not testing players PvP skills
So I suggest to remove that two arena and add some flat plains with little obstacles and pillars
I think that is what most pvpers want.(If they are real pvpers, not for the loot)

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Really offtopic, would probably be more appropriate for a private message, but alas, I will respond.
The sword is an umbra sword. The pokemon, as you recongnized, is an Umbreon. The text, as you noticed, says, "UMBRA".
All of these things are related.