• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Floating Island Arena Map

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I ask this only from my experience and feedback from other frequent skirmishers. Please remove the floating island map with the waterfall and ladder to the top.

The potential to exploit this map is far too great, on top of that it does not promote the kind of combat I believe that Herocraft players enjoy.

A possible alternative could simply be a flat desert map with cactus spread around the map.

Long story short, please remove this map from the rotation and replace it, or just simply remove it.

Thank you, and please leave feedback if you would be so kind.

-Goon

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd have to agree, I've seen a few players simply hiding somewhere on the map for the remainder of the time. Not okay, when it ends the match in a tie.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
This map makes skills like confuse, tremor and forcepush just too powerful, people can whiteout skill just use one of those skills and push 4-5 people of the map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I built this with my bare hands, it is my baby. I hate you.

Also on a side note - this arena is only present in SKIRMISHES - it is not found in Rated Arenas.

I wouldnt mind dumbing it down some though.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I built this with my bare hands, it is my baby. I hate you.

Also on a side note - this arena is only present in SKIRMISHES - it is not found in Rated Arenas.

I wouldnt mind dumbing it down some though.
Hate is a strong word :\

More people would do rated arenas if the titles were in place :p

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
I ask this only from my experience and feedback from other frequent skirmishers. Please remove the floating island map with the waterfall and ladder to the top.

The potential to exploit this map is far too great, on top of that it does not promote the kind of combat I believe that Herocraft players enjoy.

A possible alternative could simply be a flat desert map with cactus spread around the map.

Long story short, please remove this map from the rotation and replace it, or just simply remove it.

Thank you, and please leave feedback if you would be so kind.

-Goon

I strongly agree ;D

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Um I made one but I dont know if Danda has it still.
I can remake it, it was a desert themed one. I'll talk to Danda about it.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Someone stop slacking and make an arena and gimme the schematic.
Myself and Barnubus ended up making two, and afterwards NuclearCouch, Barnubus, W0nd3rb0yCK, and Myself worked on the urban map. Check them out, they look like fun!

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I thought one thing that could be fun is a square area of natural desert that has all the sand removed. Nothing else touched, so its just a quarry of Cobblestone and Sandstone, with dips and rises. Would have to be slightly modified to make sure no 2 deep hole exist to get stuck in.

Edit: Try pvping in a place where someone has been sand harvesting for glass. Its challenging and interesting.

Edit2: Since Kainzo loves the tower map, why not replace the void with really tall walls? Make it a tower in a valley instead of a tower floating in the void? Maybe at the one end that doesnt have the tower there could be a natural cliff/waterfall that you can climb similar to the tower.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Adding onto this, I'd like to contribute my feelings of arena's with lava pools! To quote EvilThor
This map makes skills like confuse, tremor and forcepush just too powerful, people can whiteout skill just use one of those skills and push 4-5 people of the map.
This applies exactly the same to maps with pools of lava.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Adding onto this, I'd like to contribute my feelings of arena's with lava pools! To quote EvilThor
This applies exactly the same to maps with pools of lava.
If I remember correctly, there is only one map with lava, and if you stay out of the lowest layer of blocks, you have a really low chance of getting put into lava. It also isnt an instakill like void.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
If I remember correctly, there is only one map with lava, and if you stay out of the lowest layer of blocks, you have a really low chance of getting put into lava. It also isnt an instakill like void.
Yes, there is only one map with lava, the nether map. You argue it is not an instakill. Once you have fallen into the lava, it is very hard to get out because of the slabs places on the blocks that form the rim of the lava pool. It is even harder if you have a "Confuse" or "Beguile" skill plaguing you. You survive in the lava for maybe 8 seconds, that is being generous, and then, if you do get out, you have the fire that causes damage over time.

Furthermore, you say that
...and if you stay out of the lowest layer of blocks, you have a really low chance of getting put into lava...
Not taking into account skills such as "Confuse" or "Beguile" this is true, but with them in the arena, it is simply a fallacy.

I hold in my motion that the map with lava be removed.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Yes, there is only one map with lava, the nether map. You argue it is not an instakill. Once you have fallen into the lava, it is very hard to get out because of the slabs places on the blocks that form the rim of the lava pool. It is even harder if you have a "Confuse" or "Beguile" skill plaguing you. You survive in the lava for maybe 8 seconds, that is being generous, and then, if you do get out, you have the fire that causes damage over time.

Furthermore, you say that
Not taking into account skills such as "Confuse" or "Beguile" this is true, but with them in the arena, it is simply a fallacy.

I hold in my motion that the map with lava be removed.
You clearly havent tried to play a class that has those skills. Also, if you sneak while Confused, you dont pretty much move at all.