• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Envenom on Bards

As the title states, I believe envenom should be removed on bards for two reasons. The first being that none of the bard's "primary" weapons can have poison applied to them, rendering the skill useless unless you want to waste time doing significantly less damage with a sword. The second reason that I believe envenom should be removed is because it doesn't seem to fit with the "theme" of bards. With the other rogue classes envenom makes sense because they fit the tactical ambush mold that poisoned weapons fit into, while bards in my opinion don't. Just because rogues have the skill, doesn't mean bard has to (take for instance the lack of fireball on necromancer).

Now there are many options for replacement skills for bard because of it's unique theme, you can decide on one for yourselves. Some suggestions are:

DeafeningChord - Deals 80 damage to a single target within 10 blocks (bypasses armor). 15 mana. 15 second cooldown.

Amplify - For the next 10 seconds, party members within a 15 block radius recieve a 25% damage increase to their skills. 10 mana, 20 second cooldown.

GuitarSmash - Deals 75 damage to a single target, and stuns them for 1 second (does not bypass armor) 8 stamina. 20 second cooldown

If you decide to change envenom so it works with music discs that would be fine too, but in my opinion it would still feel out of place in the class. I'm open to comments and criticism about the suggested skills, especially the balance of them.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think your ideas are interesting, but Deafening Chord is the only unusual one, Amplify is OP and sort of Warsong, and I dont like the idea of giving Bards a stun (Guitar Smash) until Accelerando becomes less easy to spam.

Envenom replacement? Rogue Spec... Bard... DoT for weapon?
Rogues bleed people, bards play loud music, bards can use Jukeboxes but don't as of now.

Cacophony- Bards Jukebox starts playing loudly, and the next person he bashes in the head with it bleeds from their ears for X dmg over time.

This would make up for Bard's Jukeboxes not having quite on Par damage. I see my class Ranger as one of the few that uses two weapons, but it makes it versatile. I would like to see what Bard could do if the envenom DoT was moved to a Jukebox.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel bards deserve the skill confuse (renamed) as a replacement for envenom, bards already do a lot of damage in AoE's they don't really need another one.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I like to use envenom simply because it helps close the damage gap between swords and music discs. Being able to use a lower cost weapon is very useful in certain situations. I'd rather have Bards keep envenom for diamond swords rather than jukeboxes, simply because diamond swords are very easy to come by.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Now there are many options for replacement skills for bard because of it's unique theme, you can decide on one for yourselves. Some suggestions are:

Since bards never really use envenom I don't think they would need another skill to replace it.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Personally, I have no problem with bard the way it is right now. I get a lot of kills without envenom, but some bards seem to like to use it. I don't really feel the need to remove it.