• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Auto Sprint on Spout

Windwaker

Iron
As @Afforess was hinting, this will most likely lead to more people switching to hacked clients. If someone really wanted to use auto-sprint they would find a way.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
As @Afforess was hinting, this will most likely lead to more people switching to hacked clients. If someone really wanted to use auto-sprint they would find a way.
This will not... this wasn't in the game before... never seen it used before this. I haven't seen that many people agree that this is a fair part of the game.

I have faith in the community to the point where I don't think that if some feature is taken away, they will all turn to hacking. Looking back on the /sneak thing... there are full speed sneak hacks out there, so after the removal of /sneak after sanctum, people were mad, yes... but not one of us resulted to using such a hack.

I don't see why, "Oh, if we take it out, all the players will use hacks to get around it, so we might as well give them this hack" is a valid reason to just leave it as it is.

narrowtux

Retired Staff
This will not... this wasn't in the game before... never seen it used before this. I haven't seen that many people agree that this is a fair part of the game.

I have faith in the community to the point where I don't think that if some feature is taken away, they will all turn to hacking. Looking back on the /sneak thing... there are full speed sneak hacks out there, so after the removal of /sneak after sanctum, people were mad, yes... but not one of us resulted to using such a hack.

I don't see why, "Oh, if we take it out, all the players will use hacks to get around it, so we might as well give them this hack" is a valid reason to just leave it as it is.
What if jeb or someone added autosprint to the original game? Huh?
Would you complain like that? Just get a mod for it which does the same!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
What if jeb or someone added autosprint to the original game? Huh?
Would you complain like that? Just get a mod for it which does the same!
You're seriously missing the whole fucking point.
Stop backing up autosprint with random comments. Autosprint is unbalanced, and we're not going to start using spout or start using a modded client just so we can be at the same level as the ones who use it - it simply shouldn't be in there at all.

narrowtux

Retired Staff
You're seriously missing the whole fucking point.
Stop backing up autosprint with random comments. Autosprint is unbalanced, and we're not going to start using spout or start using a modded client just so we can be at the same level as the ones who use it - it simply shouldn't be in there at all.
Um well @GreekCrackShot clearly said in the first post that he tried using spoutcraft because of that but he couldn't, whyever. So now he can't use it, he wants that nobody else can use it.

Autosprint could be enhanced so it breaks when you get hit, if that makes you more convenient. Is that balanced enough for you?

Windwaker

Iron
Honestly, there is nothing left to say. We told you the course of action to take if you want this to happen.
  1. Make an issue on our JIRA: http://issues.spout.org to let SpoutPlugin restrict auto-sprint
  2. Ask @Kainzo to restrict it (if he wants to)
This is the only way it will ever get done.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Alright, after reading through this long-ass rant, here is my opinion:
Just make the auto-sprint break when you collide with a block, just like normal sprint. Personally I believe auto-sprint just fixes those bugs that normal sprint had, the random breaking wasn't meant to be, it was because of your keyboard randomly stopping and starting that letter again, I've read through the minecraft code, it wasn't meant to do those random breaks, just to stop when colliding with another block (unless I missed something which is doubtful).

Basically you're yelling at a bugfix that makes sprinting easier, yes I suppose it used to let you sprint in other directions. I agree that was OP, but now there is no reason for this.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Um well @GreekCrackShot clearly said in the first post that he tried using spoutcraft because of that but he couldn't, whyever. So now he can't use it, he wants that nobody else can use it.

Autosprint could be enhanced so it breaks when you get hit, if that makes you more convenient. Is that balanced enough for you?
I'm not bashing spout. I love spout. I think Kainzo's idea that it's the future of Herocraft is a step in the right direction.

I just want auto-sprint to be tweaked/disable-able.... Is that so hard? I made the issue report on the spout site @Windwaker ... I have not said spout is a terrible client and no one should ever use it. I have not begged for the abandoning of spout. I would rather you not put words in my mouth.. I am a very blunt person and generally do not beat around the bush at problems I think should be addressed.

I found out that you're a spout coder too... I'm just trying to make suggestions on how to make your client better.. I'm not trying to make it so "nobody else can use spout".... you clearly do not know me, and i want you to realize that I'm just making criticism based on my experiences as a player restricted to Mojang's launcher, and I have talked to people who have this issue too, and they agree auto-sprint needs tweaking.

I have to agree with @OrangeAngel , even though I started this "rant", It's gotten way out of hand, and the main thing I wanted fixed in the first place, which is apparently resolved, was the sprinting in other directions. If an admin/mod wants to close this, be my guest.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
My spout is still able to sprint backwards. Another problem with auto sprint is the insane knockback btw. It still needs to go imo.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
My spout is still able to sprint backwards. Another problem with auto sprint is the insane knockback btw. It still needs to go imo.

Again, as mentioned in the thread it still exists in the latest recommended build of Spoutcraft, but was fixed in the latest development builds.

Also again, if there is a bug with it (as you put it, "Insane knockback") then REPORT IT. http://issues.spout.org is a great place to start!

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Well to start with, why can't you run spout, in some custom settings of spout you can actually reduce lag. Also who really cares to be honest, DKs are OP, unfortunately things like this CAN make the server frustrating, just get over this, things like this happen. Tough shit.

narrowtux

Retired Staff
@GreekCrackShot sorry for being a dick here, I didn't know you just wanted to have backward sprinting turned off, I thought you'd want to remove the complete feature.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
@GreekCrackShot sorry for being a dick here, I didn't know you just wanted to have backward sprinting turned off, I thought you'd want to remove the complete feature.
no worries, man. I just want it balanced. I may have been a little unclear, so I apologize for that as well. There could be a little needed tweaking on the auto-sprint breaking upon attack or running into blocks, if that is possible, I recommend it... But it's really not all that important, tbh.