• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Regarding Recent PvP Scarcities

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly I think that the 2 servers should have nothing to do with each other at all.

Suggestions:

Pvp should have a much quicker rate of leveling, while the pve side should have a more intuitive yet rewarding leveling experience.

Pvp should be based on resource and land control. Land should be contestable where a group can lay claim to it (using a special block) if it is connected to a region they already own (the amount of claims you can make at a time should be based off of town size). Where it prompts the server and a countdown begins. A special block should be designated for this function and this function alone. The goal for the defenders would be to destroy the block and end the countdown. This would function in a 20x20 area. The ability to contest land would be only during peak hours. Winning a piece of land adds it to your current region. This method could be used to raid towns, albeit 20x20 at a time.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Correct. Indeed there is a lot to consider with balancing, but I think it creates an interesting dynamic between the players, and gives the "non PvP focused" player more fulfillment. It would be worth it if Kainzo actually planned to push the idea of it happening.

And yeah, I agree you on boosts. However, that mostly stems from a lack of real enjoyable PvE content. People just want to push through it because it's so boring for them. I could even see boosts being removed all together if we actually had fun content to churn through.
Dragonguard, come back pls lol. If you do look at it. Dragonguard was a pretty successful map. Probably the best map there was in my opinion. There were NO boosts on that map. Except one double xp weekend. That was it. But to counter act that, there were slime farms and mob arenas. But I do agree with no boosts. Sure it would cut down the amount of money Kainzo would get, but I believe it would be a better and more active server. Mob arenas wouldn't be that hard to add in again either. But I'm sure Kainzo wouldn't go back to stuff that he had in the past.
The downfall of players started on Bastion. When Boosts were introduced. Bastion was a good map though. You had arena's and all the jazzy stuff. Which made people still want to play basically. But it did end up dying out slowly, but not that fast. as the others and definitely not as soon either. But then if you look at Haven. Some people still refer to Bastion as the last map. It didn't last the full year and also they took out many aspects that made Bastion still fun. But I do agree boosts was the downfall for players to stop playing. Hell I think that was the downfall of it being a "hardcore server"

Last edited:

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragonguard, come back pls lol. If you do look at it. Dragonguard was a pretty successful map. Probably the best map there was in my opinion. There were NO boosts on that map. Except one double xp weekend. That was it. But to counter act that, there were slime farms and mob arenas. But I do agree with no boosts. Sure it would cut down the amount of money Kainzo would get, but I believe it would be a better and more active server. Mob arenas wouldn't be that hard to add in again either. But I'm sure Kainzo wouldn't go back to stuff that he had in the past.
The downfall of players started on Bastion. When Boosts were introduced. Bastion was a good map though. You had arena's and all the jazzy stuff. Which made people still want to play basically. But it did end up dying out slowly, but not that fast. as the others and definitely not as soon either. But then if you look at Haven. Some people still refer to Bastion as the last map. It didn't last the full year and also they took out many aspects that made Bastion still fun. But I do agree boosts was the downfall for players to stop playing. Hell I think that was the downfall of it being a "hardcore server"
It seemed to me that Mob Arenas hampered PVP. People were too busy spending all their time on the servers at them. It did allow for easier leveling though, which in a way facilitated some PVP.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
"

dg was good for leveling because every town had a darkroom

also fairly sure that pvp is pretty awesome is because of balance

no one wants to raid a town because you can't win a 5 vs lo, so the only ways to pvp is by organizing a fight (which is pretty dumb) or doing to a conquest (but they aren't really worth it so there isn't anypoint). It honestly gets tiring to see the same classes all over again. Those being paladin, cleric, disciple, druid, bad, wizard and maybe a few more. You can't really pvp with many classes becuase some of them aren't that good in team fights and get rekd by others.

Xhazed

Portal

no one wants to raid a town because you can't win a 5 vs lo, so the only ways to pvp is by organizing a fight (which is pretty dumb) or doing to a conquest (but they aren't really worth it so there isn't anypoint). It honestly gets tiring to see the same classes all over again. Those being paladin, cleric, disciple, druid, bad, wizard and maybe a few more. You can't really pvp with many classes becuase some of them aren't that good in team fights and get rekd by others.
WOWOW who let u use the word awesome. On the other point increase party to 10 so there can be more people and diff classes

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

You act like 10v10s were bad or something. Obviously if you raid a kingdom with 5 people, you will get out numbered. They are DEFENDING their kingdom. 10v10s were one of the best things about pvp though. I won't lie, sometimes they would take a little bit to set up. But they were always fun to do.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
WOWOW who let u use the word awesome. On the other point increase party to 10 so there can be more people and diff classes

Lol it's too late for that most of the time there aren't enough people on PvP to actually do a 10 vs 10. :p