• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduce Graveyard Rushing

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
With the additions of the conquest points, the graveyard rushing issue has gotten pretty out of hand. Since the points are around 200 blocks from the herogates, people who die can run back from spawn very quickly. This is very annoying because even if you win a small fight, entire groups, especially casters, can run back and kill you before giving you a chance to heal back up.

A couple solutions to this:

1. Require a chest to be in the inventory in order to spawn upon death. Someone posted about this already, and I think its a good idea.

2. Move the castles farther back from the herogates. With more time given for parties to heal back up, this would help combat the large amount of people rushing back to their death point.

3. Add a karma/elo plugin. Now I know some people don't really care about how many times they die or how low their elo can get, but this could help prevent some people from rushing back over and over again. However this could have some negatives such as keeping people scared of fighting.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
With the additions of the conquest points, the graveyard rushing issue has gotten pretty out of hand. Since the points are around 200 blocks from the herogates, people who die can run back from spawn very quickly. This is very annoying because even if you win a small fight, entire groups, especially casters, can run back and kill you before giving you a chance to heal back up.

A couple solutions to this:

1. Require a chest to be in the inventory in order to spawn upon death. Someone posted about this already, and I think its a good idea.

2. Move the castles farther back from the herogates. With more time given for parties to heal back up, this would help combat the large amount of people rushing back to their death point.

3. Add a karma/elo plugin. Now I know some people don't really care about how many times they die or how low their elo can get, but this could help prevent some people from rushing back over and over again. However this could have some negatives such as keeping people scared of fighting.
Or, just have a chestdrop cooldown that lasts longer than the cenotaph lasts.

I agree with everything except ELO. There are just more negatives than positives. I wasn't really around for the karma system, and apparently people liked it, but I feel like it was removed for a reason.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
think should just add a 3-4 min death penalty or something where deal 0 dmg (removed by rez), or yeah move castles from hero gate.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Agree on moving the castles farther away from the herogates, maybe 500 blocks would be enough.

Agree that theres a need of a pvp plugin, so players care about dying. Maybe just losing xp whenever you die, no matter if its pve, pvp, fall damage,...

Disagree with the deathchest, there has been a huge improvement with deathchests compared to last maps. No need to go back

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Also making herogates cost money again will discourage players from wasting their money trying to graveyard rush.

911FashionPolice

Glowstone
Can we also stop players from being able to cap from the roof? Many classes cannot get up there so it creates frustration for players that need to pvp below for the point.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Agree on moving the castles farther away from the herogates, maybe 500 blocks would be enough.

Agree that theres a need of a pvp plugin, so players care about dying. Maybe just losing xp whenever you die, no matter if its pve, pvp, fall damage,...

Disagree with the deathchest, there has been a huge improvement with deathchests compared to last maps. No need to go back
I highly disagree with losing exp on PvP situations, because there are certain people who will camp new players, or simply outnumber them, and kill them repeatedly, making it impossible to level. When I was first starting out, even in the higher levels, I couldn't defend myself against the group's of high level fighters who plague the southwest herogate. If I lost exp due to player deaths, I would never have mastered beguiler, much less illusionist.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
I highly disagree with losing exp on PvP situations, because there are certain people who will camp new players, or simply outnumber them, and kill them repeatedly, making it impossible to level. When I was first starting out, even in the higher levels, I couldn't defend myself against the group's of high level fighters who plague the southwest herogate. If I lost exp due to player deaths, I would never have mastered beguiler, much less illusionist.

This is exactly why i think you theres a need for a pvp plugin, lose xp,... players that have no chance of winning the fight, keep comming back because they dont lose anything when they die 100 times... if other players are camping you, you dont need to go back

Dewyn

Retired Staff
This is exactly why i think you theres a need for a pvp plugin, lose xp,... players that have no chance of winning the fight, keep comming back because they dont lose anything when they die 100 times... if other players are camping you, you dont need to go back

Except when they are camping one of the leveling grounds, because let's face it, dungeons are not good for leveling. Finding loot, sometimes. Leveling, no.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah like maybe if you die 5 times within 5 minutes you would start losing exp for the next 10 minutes every time you die?

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Except when they are camping one of the leveling grounds, because let's face it, dungeons are not good for leveling. Finding loot, sometimes. Leveling, no.
Agreed, most people who have played longer than a day know that south west is the best place to level.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed, most people who have played longer than a day know that south west is the best place to level.
You guys need to learn how to fight mobs, I've maxed three T1 classes exclusively at Skycastle, all within 3 hours. All it takes is a little skill.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
You guys need to learn how to fight mobs, I've maxed three T1 classes exclusively at Skycastle, all within 3 hours. All it takes is a little skill.
I've maxed a T1 class in the same amount of time at southwest...

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Point is, the leveling is the same. SW is not specifically better. Plus, you get better drops in the dungeons.
Well it is certainly much better for people who don't have as much "skill" as you do.

Also, lots and lots of souls drop from SW. I got like 200c in an hour. Jreems has gotten at least a stack of rockets for the 45th of July event whilst leveling there. And that was as if there days ago.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Well it is certainly much better for people who don't have as much "skill" as you do.

Also, lots and lots of souls drop from SW. I got like 200c in an hour. Jreems has gotten at least a stack of rockets for the 45th of July event whilst leveling there. And that was as if there days ago.
200c drops at the dungeons in 10 minutes. In a party of 6, after leveling for an hour, I still got 400c. Point is, I don't think you given dungeons their fair chance. I was being sarcastic with that "skill" comment.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Good ideas, we'll implement them, once we have the new herogates in, they will be further.

Not sure on the chest thing, we'd have to remove it from supporters too and require everyone to have a chest.