• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger rework

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Fair enough, but tbh with 15 seconds of speed, I won't be able to chase through a slow, backflip and a root lol. One thing to keep in mind though, the server designs classes based on 1/150 player stability, they do not account for lag and nor should they.

True true look at changes now tell me if you think it is fair

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Good post. I like the trap and backflip skills, hopefully somebody with influence takes note of this thread.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Still think ice trap may have too long a cool down, with arrow repel and backflip, a decent ranger should be able to kite. The ice trap should be panic mode. I'd say a minute cool down would be fine.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
So you want a class that has an AoE Root with sick mobility, and that they deal 200 damage per hit with an arrow, no thanks.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This design has way too many escape/movement abilities in my opinion very few classes would be able to catch this.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
This design has way too many escape/movement abilities in my opinion very few classes would be able to catch this.

Well I think you could take away the forcepush/arrow repel and it would be a good class and also I just said that the class should have a few of these moves to help them out

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Why don't we just lower the current damage of rangers and give it armor penetration? Just a small idea. ;)

So just make them lose to wizards even more then they are? Or well actually I don't know if they would lose to wizards/caster classes but I think they do

Multis_Revenge12

A frightening Cactus!
They already do 1-2 hearts WHEN casters wear armor.. Just saying rangers can never beat armored classes Palladin/Dreadknight and such.

This is what a ranger is http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/Ranger

This is what a ranger should be

Weapons: Axes and Bows

Bow damage: 125(25 less the normal amount)

Axe damage: 40-76 at level 1-60 with diamond axe

Armor: Leather Head and Boots, Chainmail Chest and Legs

Base HP 680
Max HP 890

Level 5 Tame Wolf
Passive you are able to tame wolves.

Level 10 Track
You obtain X,Y,Z coordinates to within 50 blocks of a player and your compass points toward them. Your mana cost is reduced by 0.1 per level.

Level 20 Ensnare/Ice Trap
You trap anyone with in 6 blocks of you allowing you to run away.
30 second cool down 2 second slow/snare.

Level 25 Fire Arrow
Your arrows set your target on fire but each arrow drains you of an additional 10 mana.

Level 30 Disengage/Backflip
You propel yourself 10-15 blocks backwards.
Cool down 15 seconds.

Level 40 Axe Clip
You hit an enemy using your axe and deal 85 damage
Cool down 30 seconds.

Level 45 Eye of the Tiger
Passive you gain the traits of a tiger as you can now run 20-50% faster. (Breaks when in combat and activates again when out of combat)

Level 55 Arrow Repel (lesser form of forcepush)
You shoot the enemy dealing 94 damage and pushes back the enemy 5 blocks
Cool down 40 seconds

Level 60 Camouflage
You become invisible for 30 seconds by blending into certain landscapes. Ends if you move or an entity comes within 1 block of you.

Level 65 Explosive Arrow
You equip your arrows with explosive rounds dealing 40 extra damage.
Lasts 5 seconds
Cool down 1 minute

Go pay your $15 to blizzard each month and play the hunter class exactly how you described it.
Otherwise you are looking at copyright lawsuits.

Please have original ideas.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Go pay your $15 to blizzard each month and play the hunter class exactly how you described it.
Otherwise you are looking at copyright lawsuits.

Please have original ideas.
Go invent ur own words to say then, all things are base on an ordinary thought or item, so don't say these lbs of things.

Go invent ur own words to say then, all things are base on an ordinary thought or item, so don't say these lbs of things.
Perhaps you are right , but this is not at all what a ranger is. It is devolving a great character concept down to a pvp machine. Hero crafthas the right idea of what a ranger should be (though maybe not entirely fleshed out yet). But turning it into the equivalent class from wow is definitely a step in the wrong direction. I for one do enjoy pvp but the reason I am drawn to hero craft is because the classes have pvp and pve elements to them. I absolutely love abilities like forage. It really does make you feel like you are role playing a class and not just a dps number generating machine.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Perhaps you are right , but this is not at all what a ranger is. It is devolving a great character concept down to a pvp machine. Hero crafthas the right idea of what a ranger should be (though maybe not entirely fleshed out yet). But turning it into the equivalent class from wow is definitely a step in the wrong direction. I for one do enjoy pvp but the reason I am drawn to hero craft is because the classes have pvp and pve elements to them. I absolutely love abilities like forage. It really does make you feel like you are role playing a class and not just a dps number generating machine.
I am just focusing on the point that all skills are based on either reality or something that already need made.

I am just focusing on the point that all skills are based on either reality or something that already need made.

But that's the beauty of minecraft, blank canvas. We have the opportunity to create all new better ideas. Not follow down the road of a slowly dying game.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
But that's the beauty of minecraft, blank canvas. We have the opportunity to create all new better ideas. Not follow down the road of a slowly dying game.
Well I am saying u should not harass other players by coping other games skills and re create the effects.

Well I am saying u should not harass other players by coping other games skills and re create the effects.
Ah Thomas ever the moral compass. You and I shall have great fun on these forums. Though I believe you miss typed what you were trying to say, your msg is clear and you are correct. Let's steer this conversation in the right direction.

What can be done to improve the ranger class? I for one believe that taming the dog effect is kind of weak. Correct me if I am wrong but the dogs statistics are weak vs more powerful monsters and players. Assuming it attacks them.why not boosts its fighting abilities with the ranger?

Another point which is somewhat addressed with forage, but since a ranger is a master of survival in the wilderness he should be able to heal himself in some way.

Thirdly being a master of the wildrness and considering next to nothing is done with the fishing pole, a tool used for collecting food from nature, he could have some sort of function with it.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Ah Thomas ever the moral compass. You and I shall have great fun on these forums. Though I believe you miss typed what you were trying to say, your msg is clear and you are correct. Let's steer this conversation in the right direction.

What can be done to improve the ranger class? I for one believe that taming the dog effect is kind of weak. Correct me if I am wrong but the dogs statistics are weak vs more powerful monsters and players. Assuming it attacks them.why not boosts its fighting abilities with the ranger?

Another point which is somewhat addressed with forage, but since a ranger is a master of survival in the wilderness he should be able to heal himself in some way.

Thirdly being a master of the wildrness and considering next to nothing is done with the fishing pole, a tool used for collecting food from nature, he could have some sort of function with it.
First I never said that the skill he suggested is good or not, I am just saying that it is not good to judge people on what they are referring. And soon I will get some skills suggested for ranger.