• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger rework

First I never said that the skill he suggested is good or not, I am just saying that it is not good to judge people on what they are referring. And soon I will get some skills suggested for ranger.
No I'm agreeing that it was rude, but saying instead of shooting down his statement we should focus on the good he pointed out: the ranger class is sub par to other rogue options. What can be done to make it better?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
No I'm agreeing that it was rude, but saying instead of shooting down his statement we should focus on the good he pointed out: the ranger class is sub par to other rogue options. What can be done to make it better?
Those are just the words of a rookie.

Did you know that a ranger can solo a samurai? (Samurai being one of the most complained about classes to date). The only problem is that once the player counters a ranger, they are kinda stuck at about 80% of dying. Though they have barrage/ice arrow which works nicely together for kiting. Their major flaw is the lack of a escape skill to compliment their amazing kiting. On top of that, they don't scale well vs heavily armored targets and have little to no reason for team fights.

I personally think the class is currently viable, but requires a large amount of experience and skill to work with its limited kit.

Didn't say it wasn't viable. I can clearly look at the numbers and see that it can work. In fact I am a fan of underpowered classes because they take more skill, but anyont CAN solo any other class. I'm just saying why use a hammer to break stone when you can use a sledgehammer.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ah Thomas ever the moral compass. You and I shall have great fun on these forums. Though I believe you miss typed what you were trying to say, your msg is clear and you are correct. Let's steer this conversation in the right direction.

What can be done to improve the ranger class? I for one believe that taming the dog effect is kind of weak. Correct me if I am wrong but the dogs statistics are weak vs more powerful monsters and players. Assuming it attacks them.why not boosts its fighting abilities with the ranger?

Another point which is somewhat addressed with forage, but since a ranger is a master of survival in the wilderness he should be able to heal himself in some way.

Thirdly being a master of the wildrness and considering next to nothing is done with the fishing pole, a tool used for collecting food from nature, he could have some sort of function with it.

Kk if you want to make things based on reality asshole rangers one shot people gg that's it don't come into my thread acting like a complete hotshot you dick head next time think about how it's a game and how not everything is based off of wow your such a retard it pisses me off

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Kk if you want to make things based on reality asshole rangers one shot people gg that's it don't come into my thread acting like a complete hotshot you dick head next time think about how it's a game and how not everything is based off of wow your such a retard it pisses me off

Simmer down templar, I feel as the ranger skills coming in now are going to be fine, I do not know why you are so angry.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Dude calm down he was addressing his opinion don't make a suggestion thread if you are going to get mad if people disagree. Also rangers are good but they don't one shot people especially with the recent server lag I imagine it is kinda hard to aim your bow.

Weikauno

Coder
Dude ninjas have backflip and if your good Delfofthebla then you can catch up to a dragoon even, with a ranger having backflip it is so perfect because you can shoot while you are in the air with the knockback you have
remember, when you charge a bow, you slow to crouching speed, would that effect the backflip? otherwise, its good

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Simmer down templar, I feel as the ranger skills coming in now are going to be fine, I do not know why you are so angry.
Dude calm down he was addressing his opinion don't make a suggestion thread if you are going to get mad if people disagree. Also rangers are good but they don't one shot people especially with the recent server lag I imagine it is kinda hard to aim your bow.

Read all of his posts and you will see what I mean he's not givin an opinion he's just stating flat out that my ideas are completely copied and stale. sorry if its a video game that you can't do limitless things 2.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Read all of his posts and you will see what I mean he's not givin an opinion he's just stating flat out that my ideas are completely copied and stale. sorry if its a video game that you can't do limitless things 2.
You still dont have to explode from the first disagreement you get.

Sorry you are angry, but it is a blatant copy of the hunter class in wow. Don't get mad that I pointed it out. The actual ranger class is much more interesting than wow's stripped down class. They removed all the uniqueness and made it a number generating dps machine.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
You still dont have to explode from the first disagreement you get.

It wasn't the first disagreement at all I've had many people tell me what is bad and what isn't this guy just came in and said class has moves that looks like its from wow. COMPLETE COPYRIGHT SUE THIS KID

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
It wasn't the first disagreement at all I've had many people tell me what is bad and what isn't this guy just came in and said class has moves that looks like its from wow. COMPLETE COPYRIGHT SUE THIS KID
So pretty much a lot of people disagree with your suggestion, and you rage at one of them.

Tridentx

Stone
I didnt read all the other posts because I didnt want them to affect my opinion.

I personally believe Templars suggestion is basically just a stripped down version of the Hunter class in World of Warcraft. I don't see much of a problem with the current set up for the Ranger class however I do think if you are going to be bold enough to suggest an entire reword then at least be original about it and not just copy and paste from a popular game you probably play.