• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger rework

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
This is what a ranger is http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/Ranger

This is what a ranger should be

Weapons: Axes and Bows

Bow damage: 125(25 less the normal amount)

Axe damage: 40-76 at level 1-60 with diamond axe

Armor: Leather Head and Boots, Chainmail Chest and Legs

Base HP 680
Max HP 890

Level 5 Tame Wolf
Passive you are able to tame wolves.

Level 10 Track
You obtain X,Y,Z coordinates to within 50 blocks of a player and your compass points toward them. Your mana cost is reduced by 0.1 per level.

Level 20 Ensnare/Ice Trap
You trap anyone with in 6 blocks of you allowing you to run away.
30 second cool down 2 second slow/snare.

Level 25 Fire Arrow
Your arrows set your target on fire but each arrow drains you of an additional 10 mana.

Level 30 Disengage/Backflip
You propel yourself 10-15 blocks backwards.
Cool down 15 seconds.

Level 40 Axe Clip
You hit an enemy using your axe and deal 85 damage
Cool down 30 seconds.

Level 45 Eye of the Tiger
Passive you gain the traits of a tiger as you can now run 20-50% faster. (Breaks when in combat and activates again when out of combat)

Level 55 Arrow Repel (lesser form of forcepush)
You shoot the enemy dealing 94 damage and pushes back the enemy 5 blocks
Cool down 40 seconds

Level 60 Camouflage
You become invisible for 30 seconds by blending into certain landscapes. Ends if you move or an entity comes within 1 block of you.

Level 65 Explosive Arrow
You equip your arrows with explosive rounds dealing 40 extra damage.
Lasts 5 seconds
Cool down 1 minute

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Some of the skill ideas are interesting. However, what were you thinking about stamina and mana costs? How many arrows of a type would a ranger be able to shoot? Would he be able to use all of his knock back/ escape skills as well? Just some food for thought.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Some of the skill ideas are interesting. However, what were you thinking about stamina and mana costs? How many arrows of a type would a ranger be able to shoot? Would he be able to use all of his knock back/ escape skills as well? Just some food for thought.

I will do that if people agree to the rework first

Hexirious

Wood
Interesting. some skills look good and others not as good. but why lower the health even further and on top of that lower the amount of damage they can do with their main weapon?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting. some skills look good and others not as good. but why lower the health even further and on top of that lower the amount of damage they can do with their main weapon?

They have more damage then before now with the abilities they have look at the old ranger and look at this one. This has more survivablity with higher damage just reduced health and even increased melee damage

Hexirious

Wood
The melee I noticed, and yes, I see where your coming from, but the class already had a lower maximum health than all the warrior classes, why make him even weaker? I understand the other classes have less, but look at their abilities, a lot of them are more powerful than the ones you listed.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
You should be able to have a skill that summons wolves and they then track your prey and run towards their location, and when there, attack.

Thoughts?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The melee I noticed, and yes, I see where your coming from, but the class already had a lower maximum health than all the warrior classes, why make him even weaker? I understand the other classes have less, but look at their abilities, a lot of them are more powerful than the ones you listed.

No class has a weapon that does over 125 which is what a ranger does with each shot if your bad then ranger isn't your class if you can hit 4/5 shots then you are the strongest damage dealing class in game

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Haha - thanks. Well, one of my friends plays Ranger, and he's pretty good with aim, but when things get laggy it gets pretty tough to hit 4/5 of your shots at any reasonable distance. madpear

Also, I think most Rangers agree that FireArrow is totally useless. I did notice a lack of IceArrow - why was this left out?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Haha - thanks. Well, one of my friends plays Ranger, and he's pretty good with aim, but when things get laggy it gets pretty tough to hit 4/5 of your shots at any reasonable distance. madpear

Also, I think most Rangers agree that FireArrow is totally useless. I did notice a lack of IceArrow - why was this left out?

In exchange for the crazy knockbacks I added and backflip/disengage they shouldn't need the ice arrow that everyone complains about

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
The problem is, none of your skills above really provide for a situation where the Ranger is chasing a fleeing target. "Eye of the Tiger" might be able to do this, but you proposed that it is only active outside of combat. The mobility-related skills above are knockbacks (it's not hard to get a Punch II bow, so these would be unnecessary), one disengagement, and one AOE slow that seems to be another escape skill. It would be good to give the Ranger something mobility-wise when he is chasing and in combat.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is, none of your skills above really provide for a situation where the Ranger is chasing a fleeing target. "Eye of the Tiger" might be able to do this, but you proposed that it is only active outside of combat. The mobility-related skills above are knockbacks (it's not hard to get a Punch II bow, so these would be unnecessary), one disengagement, and one AOE slow that seems to be another escape skill. It would be good to give the Ranger something mobility-wise when he is chasing and in combat.

Dude ninjas have backflip and if your good Delfofthebla then you can catch up to a dragoon even, with a ranger having backflip it is so perfect because you can shoot while you are in the air with the knockback you have

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This is what a ranger is http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/Ranger

This is what a ranger should be

Weapons: Axes and Bows

Bow damage: 125(25 less the normal amount)

Axe damage: 40-76 at level 1-60 with diamond axe

Armor: Leather Head and Boots, Chainmail Chest and Legs

Base HP 680
Max HP 890

Level 5 Tame Wolf
Passive you are able to tame wolves.

Level 10 Track
You obtain X,Y,Z coordinates to within 50 blocks of a player and your compass points toward them. Your mana cost is reduced by 0.1 per level.

Level 20 Ensnare/Ice Trap
You trap anyone with in 6 blocks of you allowing you to run away.
30 second cool down 3 second slow/snare.

Level 25 Fire Arrow
Your arrows set your target on fire but each arrow drains you of an additional 10 mana.

Level 30 Disengage/Backflip
You propel yourself 10-15 blocks backwards.
Cool down 15 seconds.

Level 40 Axe Clip
You hit an enemy using your axe slowing them for 2 seconds and deal 85 damage
Cool down 30 seconds.

Level 45 Eye of the Tiger
Passive you gain the traits of a tiger as you can now run 20-50% faster. (Breaks when in combat and activates again when out of combat)

Level 55 Arrow Repel (lesser form of forcepush)
You shoot the enemy dealing 94 damage and pushes back the enemy 10 blocks.
Cool down 40 seconds

Level 60 Camouflage
You become invisible for 30 seconds by blending into certain landscapes. Ends if you move or an entity comes within 1 block of you.

Level 65 Explosive Arrow
You equip your arrows with explosive rounds dealing 40 extra damage and knocking back the person
Lasts 5 seconds knockback 1
Cool down 1 minute

So you went from low mobility to ultra mobility. This would be bat shit insanely over powered with 6 mobility intended skills. Samurai has one skill for mobility and I never hear the fucking end of it how "OP" the class is.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
So you went from low mobility to ultra mobility. This would be bat shit insanely over powered with 6 mobility intended skills. Samurai has one skill for mobility and I never hear the fucking end of it how "OP" the class is.

Lawl easy to counter if you aren't stupid but hard to counter if the ranger is actually good which 90% of rangers arn't really good since server lag, plus I'm just saying to incorporate a few of these ideas not all o them.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Lawl easy to counter if you aren't stupid but hard to counter if the ranger is actually good which 90% of rangers arn't really good since server lag, plus I'm just saying to incorporate a few of these ideas not all o them.
You could actually tell how is it easy to counter a long-range class with 6 mobility skills.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Fair enough, but tbh with 15 seconds of speed, I won't be able to chase through a slow, backflip and a root lol. One thing to keep in mind though, the server designs classes based on 1/150 player stability, they do not account for lag and nor should they.