• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Raids Make Me Sad.

HollowSith

Diamond
Boooo! Raids have been very dull lately. No one keeps they're valuables in there towns when they have a protected, super-awesome Zeal plot. Lately with the server developing and the players getting smarter and more inventive, getting into towns is becoming increasingly difficult. The only real way to get in is to wait for a town member to make a mistake. Wether that is opening a door at the wrong time, leaving a block missing by accident, or trusting the wrong people; the chance of actually getting in and out is next to nil.

The server is becoming very industrial and even more so economically based now that people can protect there goods so easily. The only way to get goods as an evil player is to jump others on the way from there town to Zeal or to find an unsuspecting players mining when exploring the map. But even camping the roads and successfully obtaining items is rare; considering the "place a bed next to your chests, and a recall in your shop trick". People can fill their inventory, recall to there shop, fill it, kill themselves and then they are home safe and sound ready to make another trip after a short period of time. My capability of causing mischief as a thief is becoming less and less.

I hear tell of increased numbers of LWC's per person and a decrease in price, wether or not that's true or not I have no idea.

What do you guys think about the future of raiding? With no way to get into a town and players developing to get goods to Zeal without the risk of getting killed, what do you feel is the future of PVP?

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I think that increase in lwc at a lower price thing is for mayors only. If u played on the last map, every single person have every single chest lwc'd because they were free for mayors/t3 plus, be thankful things are different now :p

madsplatter

Diamond
I think the addition of organized warfare would greatly benefit things such as this. However, I do not know how to solve the "problem" of increasing security throughout Herocraft. Players have gotten smarter, some may view this as a good thing, others a bad thing, it all depends on perspective really. Being a crafter, I personally am not always inclined to go sneak into other towns, but that's not to say it is frustrating to find towns that are nearly impossible to breach. And I must say, a good portion of towns I've attempted to raid are nearly impenetrable. Not even searching through hours of mine shafts and caves seem to work much anymore. Therefore, I am somewhat torn on whether I am fond of increased security or not. I sure as hell don't want increased access to my town, but on the other hand I'd love more accessibility into other towns. This may be somewhat self centered, but I think most players would agree with me. I think at the start of the map, everything was much more accessible as not only had very few towns gained regioning, but players had either:
a) not enough money to buy a lwc
or b) had not taken enough precautions to protect their things

RedKhan

Soulsand
The more raids that go on the more people learn to protect their stuff, just people evolving to keep their belongings.
You could argue that the evolution of crime is to go a sneakier route, ie. hiring people to join and rob towns from the inside. But that seems to be an unpopular idea amongst some.

I'm sure another avenue will open up to quench peoples thirst for blood and loot.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Just a fun idea, if there was a way to have a set amount of time to raid a city, by turning off the region for maybe 20 minutes during the raid. After the time is up the region is set back and all blocks are replaced. It would make people think twice about their city defenses, and give a whole new perspective on raiding. However again just an idea, don't even think this would be possible :(

RedKhan

Soulsand
I'm sure that alot of people would find that fun C12.

But I'm even surer that alot more would hate the idea of their town being open to attack for any period of time.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
what if towns were required to have their inns public access? could allow for more interaction

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'm sure that alot of people would find that fun C12.

But I'm even surer that alot more would hate the idea of their town being open to attack for any period of time.

That's why I said maybe, meaning a set time and 20 minutes being a random number to throw out.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think towns have the right to keep people out using region magic and good defense design :p Kudos to them for making an impenetrable fortress.

Lots of towns are running into the same problem, everyone needs to be somewhat warlike. Either the town is all crafters and probably an impenetrable fortress, or its a mix of people, who build and raid. They are running into the same problem too trust me. So you just need to pick out some enemies. Get a big raid together with some friends and blockade their town. There is still excitement to be had. You might just have to be more civil, or more creative. You decide :p

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Im not a fan of towns that you cannot break into, might as well be illegal to kill in towns like the last map

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Im not a fan of towns that you cannot break into, might as well be illegal to kill in towns like the last map
It wasn't illegal to kill in towns last map. It's just there was a no pvp region so outsiders couldn't really raid as they would get lava bucketed .

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

I'm ok with towns you can't break into. However I'm NOT ok with towns that just have an ugly circle wall that goes up near the roof of the world and has a glass roof. That's not creative at all.

If it's not ugly like that and you still can't get in, props to them :p They've made a nice town defense that probably looks good too.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Either way, these fortresses are annoying. I dont like when cowards can just hide in their town walls. And getting back to the main topic, I agree the pvp is becoming more and more scarce, its sad