• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Races (not tier 3 classes)

Do you Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

Narvon

TNT
A nice new feature for Herocraft to make it an even more fun Role-Playing game would be Races. These Races would be an addition to classes. So the player would also have to balance or combine his Race with his Class.
For Example:

Elf:

Elves would have the skill sneak.
Elves would have a 10% increase in mana.(not a skill, but a permenant increase in general)

Human:

Humans would have the skill splint.(a small heal (30 HP?), but only used out of combat.),
Humans would have a 10% increase in stamina.(not a skill, but a permenant increase in general)

Dwarf:

Dwarves would have the skill scan.
Dwarves would have a 10% increase in health.(not a skill, but a permenant increase in general)

Ork:

Orks would have the skill antidote.
Orks would have a 10% increase in melee damage.(not a skill, but a permenant increase in general)

So if the player wanted to be a caster, he should be an elf.
If the player wanted to be a rogue, he should be an elf, or ork.
If the player wanted to be a warrior, he should be human, dwarf, or ork.
If the player wanted to be a healer, he should be elf, or dwarf.

also:

a dragoon would need more stamina than a samurai, thus a dragoon would want to be human, but samurai could be a dwarf or ork.

The above is just an example of what the Races could be, if the numbers or amounts need to be tweaked thats fine, i just wanted to give you an idea of what im thinking.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Im not sure about the Race skill part or how it could be implemented to the game, but I love the idea of Races.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Kainzo said that he would implement this but it was not a priority. I really like it and what potenially it can have with customizability.

If the primary purpose is to achieve more variety in the class combinations, than the race perks should not be aimed at specific branches. For example, casters and healers only competitive option is elf, maybe dwarf. Whereas rogues and warriors can be competitive with all of these races, barring elf for dragoon and samurai.

If you want to have true variety the race bonuses should not be geared more towards one class than another, but that's just my opinion. Try and find something that all classes rely on for the race bonuses, so the class combinations can be more of a personal preference instead of what they must have.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Let's see, while I like the idea of races, I'd have to agree with Captain. Also, 10% may seem like not that much, but it really can be. 10% health if you're already a tanky class... that's neat... if you're at 1000HP which I think paladin does..? You'd get an extra 100 HP (checked it up, Paladins would get 105.5 extra HP, while a dreadknight would get 108.5 extra HP). So it should be smaller bonuses than that. Perhaps also make players who want extra experince get MorePlayerModels, which allows for other races. Anyway, here's some of my ideas to races.

Human: No advantages, no disadvantages.
Dwarf: Tougher, a bit more HP. Slow. [Moves slower]
Elf: Athletic(higher jumps, moves faster) Frail. [Less damage output]
Orc: Strong. Slow. [Moves slower]
Demonic: Darkest Night. Daylight's Curse, Hated. [Guards hate you faster*].
Naga: Turtlebuild (Moves faster in water, slower on ground)
Gnome: Greed (works like Looting I) Fragile [Less health]
Ogre: Strong. Huge (3x2 blocks) Slow
Pigman: Trader (Can always trad with villagers) Pigfolk (Drops porkchop on death) Vegetarian [Can't eat meat]
Weremonster: Strong. Athletic. Hated. [Guards hate you faster*]. Weird build [Can't hold some items]
Humanslime: Sticky (Sticks to surfaces, can't climb up ladders/vines) Bouncy [Jumps when hit, no matter what]

EDIT2: Let's add more: Chromebeing: Bright
Harpy: Air-glided Movement Immobile
Golem: Mechanic Injuries
Angelic Loved, Light of Day, Black of Night

Arcane Being Jumper, Bright, Fragile
*This is only if blacklisting is put into game, which has a thread somewhere around here
...I feel like I added too many...

Tough - Get's more HP
Slow - Moves slower, like a Slow I effect.
Athletic - Move/jump faster/higher.
Frail - deals less physical damage.
Strong - deals more physical damage.
Hated - If blacklisting were enabled, you'd get blacklist for being evil. You get blacklisted faster when you're hated.
Turtlebuild - Moves slower on ground, but faster in water.
Greed - You loot that little bit you shouldn't have looked at.
Fragile - Get's less HP.
Huge - This one is interesting, as you'd have to change the model to make this work. However if you get this to work, they'd need some rather big houses.
Trader - Get's one of merchants perks, trading.
Pigfolk - You drop porkchops upon death.
Vegetarian - You can't eat meat, this one hurts, unless you're a healer.
Weird Build - You can't hold some items, I don't know which ones, but I couldn't find any other disadvantage that made sense.
Sticky - You stick to surfaces, like a spider. However you cannot climb ladders/vines.
Bouncy - You always jump when you're hit. This isn't nice if you're running and jumping off a cliff because of it
Bright - You count as light level 2
Air-Glided Movement - You can double-jump, glide when jumping from high places, and take less fall damage.
Immobile - You move VERY VERY slow on ground. (Imagine CS Crouch+Walk slowly)
Mechanic Injuries - You cannot eat food, however you slowly regenerate at all times.
Loved - Guards forgive you faster.
Day of Light - You are more useful at daytimes, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more.
Black of Night - You are not very useful at night, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage.
Darkest Night - You are more useful at night times, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more.
Daylight's Curse - You are not very useful at day, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage.
Jumper - You jump half a block higher than normally.

Edit: Thank you, thank you. I actually put time into writing this. It's so rare for me.

Last edited:

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Let's see, while I like the idea of races, I'd have to agree with Captain. Also, 10% may seem like not that much, but it really can be. 10% health if you're already a tanky class... that's neat... if you're at 1000HP which I think paladin does..? You'd get an extra 100 HP (checked it up, Paladins would get 105.5 extra HP, while a dreadknight would get 108.5 extra HP). So it should be smaller bonuses than that. Perhaps also make players who want extra experince get MorePlayerModels, which allows for other races. Anyway, here's some of my ideas to races.

Human: No advantages, no disavantages.
Dwarf: Tougher, a bit more HP. Slow. [Moves slower]
Elf: More athletic(higher jumps, moves faster) Frail. [Less damage output]
Orc: Strong. Slow. [Moves slower]
Demonic: Athletic(higher jumps, moves faster). Hated. [Guards hate you faster*]
Naga: Turtlebuild (Moves faster in water, slower on ground)
Gnome: Greed (works like Looting I) Stubby [Less health]
Ogre: Strong. Huge (3x2 blocks) Slow
Pigman: Trader (Can always trad with villagers) Pigfolk (Drops porkchop on death) Vegetarian [Can't eat meat]
Weremonster: Strong. Athletic. Hated. [Guads hate you faster*]. Weird build [Can't hold some items]
Humanslime: Sticky (Sticks to surfaces, can't climb up ladders/vines) Bouncy [Jumps when hit, no matter what]
EDIT2: Let's add more: Chromebeing: Bright
Harpy: Air-glided Movement Immobile
Golem: Mechanic Injuries
Angelic Loved, Light of Day, Black of Night
*This is only if blacklisting is put into game, which has a thread somewhere around here
...I feel like I added too many...

Tough - Get's more HP
Slow - Moves slower, like a Slow I effect.
Athletic - Move/jump faster/higher.
Frail - deals less physical damage.
Strong - deals more physical damage.
Hated - If blacklisting were enabled, you'd get blacklist for being evil. You get blacklisted faster when you're hated.
Turtlebuild - Moves slower on ground, but faster in water.
Greed - You loot that little bit you shouldn't have looked at.
Stubby - Get's less HP.
Huge - This one is interesting, as you'd have to change the model to make this work. However if you get this to work, they'd need some rather big houses.
Trader - Get's one of merchants perks, trading.
Pigfolk - I just had to add this.
Vegetarian - You can't eat meat, this one hurts, unless you're a healer.
Weird Build - You can't hold some items, I don't know which ones, but I couldn't find any other disadvantage that made sense.
Sticky - You stick to surfaces, like a spider. However you cannot climb ladders/vines.
Bouncy - You always jump when you're hit. This isn't nice if you're running and jumping off a cliff because of it
Bright - You count as light level 2
Air-Glided Movement - You can double-jump, glide when jumping from high places, and take less fall damage.
Immobile - You move VERY VERY slow on ground. (Imagine CS Crouch+Walk slowly)
Mechanic Injuries - You cannot eat food, however you slowly regenerate at all times.
Loved - Guards forgive you faster.
Light of Day - You are more useful at daytimes, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more.
Black of Night - You are not very useful at night, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage.

Edit: Thank you, thank you. I actually put time into writing this. It's so rare for me.
Good! However, I think some of these would be chosen a lot by certain classes, like Elf or Demonic for the extremely mobile Dragoon to get that one little boost towards or away from a fight, or Dwarf for already-tanky Paladins or Dreadknights.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Good! However, I think some of these would be chosen a lot by certain classes, like Elf or Demonic for the extremely mobile Dragoon to get that one little boost towards or away from a fight, or Dwarf for already-tanky Paladins or Dreadknights.
This is why I want it to be a small insignificant amount. I had thought about something else would be needed for those with specific boosts for certain classes. This is one of the reasons elves are "Frail", as they don't deal as much damage to compensate for the extra speed boost. Demonics disadvantage is easily countered by being goody two-shoes, but I still thought I'd throw it in. Of course, I just threw in some basic ideas.
EDIT: Changed Demonic to seem more like a counterpart of Angelic.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This is why I want it to be a small insignificant amount. I had thought about something else would be needed for those with specific boosts for certain classes. This is one of the reasons elves are "Frail", as they don't deal as much damage to compensate for the extra speed boost. Demonics disadvantage is easily countered by being goody two-shoes, but I still thought I'd throw it in. Of course, I just threw in some basic ideas.
Okay.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it would be 10x better to come up with original race names and characteristics. No trolls, no ogres and no fucking elves. I mean Kain wants races, but I'm pushing him towards using faction based names (Or ones of eventful characteristics) so that we don't have orcs as a fucking race :/

Though I think races and stat points would be amazing, just know that this suggestion is already in affect. Plus there is nothing wrong with Orcs and elves, just super cliche.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Why not using your kingdom as races and as the kingdom get bigger, the effect of the race get larger, no offense, just random idea.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I think it would be 10x better to come up with original race names and characteristics. No trolls, no ogres and no fucking elves. I mean Kain wants races, but I'm pushing him towards using faction based names (Or ones of eventful characteristics) so that we don't have orcs as a fucking race :/

Though I think races and stat points would be amazing, just know that this suggestion is already in affect. Plus there is nothing wrong with Orcs and elves, just super cliche.
Why not using your kingdom as races and as the kingdom get bigger, the effect of the race get larger, no offense, just random idea.
You mean like on the Heritage of Heroes thread?

Edit: Here's the thread.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main...oes-the-lore-project.30058/page-2#post-271314

Sn0wBorn

Iron
I like your ideas Jasquan but I also agree with victim130 the names need to be original. Here is another idea having to pay a wizard in bastion 300c to change your race.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I would love to add races!

However I think this would work better if there were FEWER classes on HC. Having 4 in each path, plus this is just too much to balance.

I could see this working if each path had two spec's each. A good example of Class+Race usage in an MMO setting would be Phantasy Star Online/Universe.

CAST supremacy FTW!

Jokes aside, in PSU you could use your race advantages to cancel out class disadvantages, or to buff it up. For example, the race: BEAST had the best attack power, so you pair that with the RANGER class you can use accurate or even rapid fire weapons for more damage than another race as a ranger. The race: CAST had the best accuracy, and you could pear that with HUNTER to hit more often with heavy-hitting low-accuracy weapons. It worked out really well in the end for both models.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tough - Get's more HP - Possible
Slow - Moves slower, like a Slow I effect. - Not currently Possible without huge slows
Athletic - Move/jump faster/higher. - Possible
Frail - deals less physical damage. - Possible
Strong - deals more physical damage. - Possible
Hated - If blacklisting were enabled, you'd get blacklist for being evil. You get blacklisted faster when you're hated. - Potentially possible but would require re-writes of things.
Turtlebuild - Moves slower on ground, but faster in water. - Not currently Possible without huge slows & Speed potions don't work in water?
Greed - You loot that little bit you shouldn't have looked at. - Possible but would require re-writes to other plugins
Fragile - Get's less HP. - Possible
Huge - This one is interesting, as you'd have to change the model to make this work. However if you get this to work, they'd need some rather big houses. - Not possible till spout
Trader - Get's one of merchants perks, trading. - Possible
Pigfolk - I just had to add this. - Does what exactly?
Vegetarian - You can't eat meat, this one hurts, unless you're a healer. - Possible but would require a complete re-write of food mechanics in heroes
Weird Build - You can't hold some items, I don't know which ones, but I couldn't find any other disadvantage that made sense. - Possible
Sticky - You stick to surfaces, like a spider. However you cannot climb ladders/vines. - Not possible till spout
Bouncy - You always jump when you're hit. This isn't nice if you're running and jumping off a cliff because of it - Not possible
Bright - You count as light level 2 - Might be possible but may cause lag
Immobile - You move VERY VERY slow on ground. (Imagine CS Crouch+Walk slowly) - Not possible till spout due to no-cheat
Mechanic Injuries - You cannot eat food, however you slowly regenerate at all times. - Possible but would require a complete re-write of food mechanics in heroes
Loved - Guards forgive you faster. - Potentially possible but would require re-writes of things.
Day of Light - You are more useful at daytimes, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more. - Possible
Black of Night - You are not very useful at night, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage. - Possible
Darkest Night - You are more useful at night times, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more. - Possible
Daylight's Curse - You are not very useful at day, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage. - Possible
Jumper - You jump half a block higher than normally. - Possible
I like the idea behind these but a large portion of these are unfeasible at the moment.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I like the idea behind these but a large portion of these are unfeasible at the moment.
It's cool, I just wanted to give my view on this. (Pigfolk makes you drop a porkchop on death. This could easily be abused, I just added it in for comic relief)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It's cool, I just wanted to give my view on this. (Pigfolk makes you drop a porkchop on death. This could easily be abused, I just added it in for comic relief)
Tbh if you're losing experience for 1 pork chop there is something wrong with you lol.