• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Races and their abilities

Ultanian

Portal
With the eventual plugin for races, I thought I could give some ideas for abilities that the races of herocraft could have...

-Dwarves are naturally expert miners, therefore can find more souls and ores than others when mining. Spending most of their lives in these mines, Dwarves have accumulated extreme strength for their size. (Dwarves have higher Strength and Endurance attributes than others.) However, Dwarves prefer cooked meats to vegetables and fruits, and eating plant-related foods do not heal them.

-Elves can be considered an opposite of the Dwarves, eating only vegan foods and having little strength. What they make up for this though, is their swiftness and magics. (Higher agility, intellect, and wisdom.) Being masters of the wood, they harvest plants and animals with more success.

-Man has always been known for it's greed, stealth, and meddling in the affairs of others. Not all men are mischievous, although most will stab their allies in the back for their own sake. Man has the ability to sneak better than most (Lasts longer and invisibility skills don't break on movement). Man can eat all types of food and have higher Agility and Constiution.

-Nymphs only seek to help others, and harm those who have bad intentions. Nymphs are immune to poisons and can only eat what comes from nature (Raw Meats, Fruits and Vegetables). Living simple lives, they can harvest apples and wood from trees the best. Nymphs are natural healers and have higher Wisdom, Constitution, and Charisma.

-Orcs are the enemies of all, with their savage natures and disgusting habits. Orcs do not know how to refine anything, and use everything in its crude manner. They eat only raw meat, cooked meat, ad rotten flesh. In addition, Orcs have higher Constitution, Strength.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Herocraft is getting races? I thought Kainzo was opposed to that. Well I'll be damned

Last edited:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Oh boy, do I have to drag out my way-old post about races? Where was it... ah, there.

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/races-not-tier-3-classes.31706/
Human: No advantages, no disadvantages.
Dwarf: Tougher, a bit more HP. Slow. [Moves slower]
Elf: Athletic(higher jumps, moves faster) Frail. [Less damage output]
Orc: Strong. Slow. [Moves slower]
Demonic: Darkest Night. Daylight's Curse, Hated. [Guards hate you faster*].
Naga: Turtlebuild (Moves faster in water, slower on ground)
Gnome: Greed (works like Looting I) Fragile [Less health]
Ogre: Strong. Huge (3x2 blocks) Slow
Pigman: Trader (Can always trad with villagers) Pigfolk (Drops porkchop on death) Vegetarian [Can't eat meat]
Weremonster: Strong. Athletic. Hated. [Guards hate you faster*]. Weird build [Can't hold some items]
Humanslime: Sticky (Sticks to surfaces, can't climb up ladders/vines) Bouncy [Jumps when hit, no matter what]

EDIT2: Let's add more: Chromebeing: Bright
Harpy: Air-glided Movement Immobile
Golem: Mechanic Injuries
Angelic Loved, Light of Day, Black of Night

Arcane Being Jumper, Bright, Fragile
*This is only if blacklisting is put into game, which has a thread somewhere around here
...I feel like I added too many...

Tough - Get's more HP
Slow - Moves slower, like a Slow I effect.
Athletic - Move/jump faster/higher.
Frail - deals less physical damage.
Strong - deals more physical damage.
Hated - If blacklisting were enabled, you'd get blacklist for being evil. You get blacklisted faster when you're hated.
Turtlebuild - Moves slower on ground, but faster in water.
Greed - You loot that little bit you shouldn't have looked at.
Fragile - Get's less HP.
Huge - This one is interesting, as you'd have to change the model to make this work. However if you get this to work, they'd need some rather big houses.
Trader - Get's one of merchants perks, trading.
Pigfolk - You drop porkchops upon death.
Vegetarian - You can't eat meat, this one hurts, unless you're a healer.
Weird Build - You can't hold some items, I don't know which ones, but I couldn't find any other disadvantage that made sense.
Sticky - You stick to surfaces, like a spider. However you cannot climb ladders/vines.
Bouncy - You always jump when you're hit. This isn't nice if you're running and jumping off a cliff because of it
Bright - You count as light level 2
Air-Glided Movement - You can double-jump, glide when jumping from high places, and take less fall damage.
Immobile - You move VERY VERY slow on ground. (Imagine CS Crouch+Walk slowly)
Mechanic Injuries - You cannot eat food, however you slowly regenerate at all times.
Loved - Guards forgive you faster.
Day of Light - You are more useful at daytimes, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more.
Black of Night - You are not very useful at night, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage.
Darkest Night - You are more useful at night times, increasing your mobility, and deals a small amount of damage more.
Daylight's Curse - You are not very useful at day, slowing your mobility, and makes you deal a small amount less damage.
Jumper - You jump half a block higher than normally.