• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

qNickp's Ban Appeal

qNickp

TNT
IGN:qNickp
Banned by?: bearcat99
Time of ban:3 weeks
Reason for ban:Stealing from the boat competition.
Your story: I was going to look at my friends boat and I saw somebody building their own. I Watched the person open the chest that he surrounded with dirt, he opens the chest and like what anyone would have done in Herocraft: a hardcore RPG server where stealing from a chest without exploiting is legal, I took from it when he uncovered his chest. After numerous messages from the person saying "I griefed him" and "I will get you banned" when I was never put on regions,I went to check the rules. The rules of the competition state

Once added to the event region, TOLERANCE for chest stealing is ZERO.
If any greifing/stealing occurs, Herocraft punishment and additional punishment will be taken into action. (Event disqualification, item removal, suspension, and/or ban)
20r604o.jpg

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/official-herocraft-ship-contest.17129/

I was never put on the regions for the boat competition. Herocraft is undisputedly one of the best servers I have been on, I have spent a majority of my free time on this server and have donated to tier 4. Although I took from the chest beforehand, after the numerous complaints from the chest owner, I double checked the forums to make sure I was in the clear, at that point I decided to keep the logs due to the fact that I was not on the regions for the boat competition. This is my first offense and I was given 3 weeks.

Edit: My 3 days are almost up and I am ready to play again!

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
  • Just because it isn't written, doesn't mean it's OK. This is an OFFICIAL contest. Basically, if you're not part of it, mind your own business. The reason I added to the Once added to the event region was because people will dirt protect their chests and users, with access to regions, can easily steal. I was not expecting someone to take advantage of a competitor who was minding his own business building his entry. Official competitions are look, but don't touch. If you follow Herocraft by only what it officially writes in its rules, you are mistaken.

• This is a hardcore server, but competition falls under another category. If competitions were also 'hardcore', we would see competitors being killed all the time, items being stolen from chests, and basically no one competing due to the risks.

• You also misread the competition rules. Notice how #5 and #6 are different rules? #6 states that "IF ANY griefing or stealing occurs" punishment will occur. "If any" is exactly what it means; it includes rule #5, but contains more.

• Your punishment is a little harsh. I understand it is your first warning, but I need to set my foot down on competition rules. I will cut it to a 3 day suspension. Today counts as a day, so two more days left. You will be allowed back Monday night.