• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP Timer Needs Reworked

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
I log in to Herocraft and spot a player in my base. I realize because I'm in Ruins, that griefing and stealing is allowed, but when he starts looking and taking stuff out of my chests, and I can't do anything about it, it makes me rather mad. I agree that new players need protection from Veteran players, but if you cant even protect your belongings, that is a broken mechanic. I also realize that you can protect your chests using the protection spells etc., but not everyone has access, or has the souls to do it. Then when he realizes that I'm taking valuables from the chests, he starts to destroy the chests, and building cobble everywhere. I know this is perfectly legal, but if he didn't have his PVP Timer on I could have protected my base and my belongings. I hope this is taken into consideration, and hopefully fixed. Keep up the good work!

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I log in to Herocraft and spot a player in my base. I realize because I'm in Ruins, that griefing and stealing is allowed, but when he starts looking and taking stuff out of my chests, and I can't do anything about it, it makes me rather mad. I agree that new players need protection from Veteran players, but if you cant even protect your belongings, that is a broken mechanic. I also realize that you can protect your chests using the protection spells etc., but not everyone has access, or has the souls to do it. Then when he realizes that I'm taking valuables from the chests, he starts to destroy the chests, and building cobble everywhere. I know this is perfectly legal, but if he didn't have his PVP Timer on I could have protected my base and my belongings. I hope this is taken into consideration, and hopefully fixed. Keep up the good work!
Keeping people under lvl 10 from PvPing is to stop them from being camped. If it was removed a lot of new players would quit.

There's no "protection spells" to lock chests. It costs souls to lock them which everyone has access to. You can use flint and steel on people also.

Joining a town in haven will prevent stuff like this.

Last edited:

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Pretty sure there has been talk around making the "pvp timer" limited to only 2/3 days of in-game time, so after that is up even if they are below level 10 (which they really shouldn't be by that time) they can be killed.

Don't look forward to something like that being implemented though, was just a thought.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The disabling of PvP below level 10 is not on any sort of "Timer", not is it that the PvP Timer is disabled, it is that PvP is disabled.
When the PvE map is released, the minimum PVP level will be set to 1.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I know many people with alt accounts that use the below lvl 10 timer to their advantage to keep stuff safe as they transport goods or steal items.
@Kainzo why not make it a week timer, by then you should be easily able to master a class without exp boosts (which I doubt you won't get at least one) and you would be able to join a town.
Don't say it's not possible people can have alts there is a thing called proxy

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Pretty sure there has been talk around making the "pvp timer" limited to only 2/3 days of in-game time, so after that is up even if they are below level 10 (which they really shouldn't be by that time) they can be killed.

Don't look forward to something like that being implemented though, was just a thought.
The disabling of PvP below level 10 is not on any sort of "Timer", not is it that the PvP Timer is disabled, it is that PvP is disabled.
When the PvE map is released, the minimum PVP level will be set to 1.
I know many people with alt accounts that use the below lvl 10 timer to their advantage to keep stuff safe as they transport goods or steal items.
@Kainzo why not make it a week timer, by then you should be easily able to master a class without exp boosts (which I doubt you won't get at least one) and you would be able to join a town.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/staff-meeting-teamspeak3.46232/page-2#post-371717

Shrine
  • New PvE server connected to the hub
  • A parallel universe to Haven with the same spawn, different terrain
  • No PvP except for set zones. This will remove the PvP safety under level 10 in Haven
  • Lower EXP rate and lower drop rate
  • Will not be a greylist friendly area, Ruins will still be the preferred area for them
  • Separate shard from RPG. Only levels and currency will be transferred. No current plans for items being transferred
  • Planned to be released in a week or two, ideally before 1.7, but may be on 1.7 terrain

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I don't get why you had to link, I knew the source was Kainzo when I posted it...

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Try to keep in mind that if you were ABLE to pvp at that point, the player would simply have killed you first and then proceeded to loot your chests. At as low level as you are, you pretty much cannot win a pvp fight against someone if they're speced. Now, if he was also under lv10, or similar, I can understand your anger.

Northac

Obsidian
Ive been playing for some time, but because of my schedual (and playstyle) i have yet to master this map (and have never mastered my combat class) so saying everyone can master in a week is a bit of a stretch, though getting to level 10 in either in that time is epicly easy so there is that.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
you cannot.
I think he was just commenting on what I said. He would have been capable of killing him, had the limitation not been in place. I was mistaken in my assumption. I apologize.