• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP Poll Questions

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
With the patch today, these features below will be enabled:
  • TNT block break with slow regeneration
  • Weapon/Armor drops on death
  • Use flag enabled on Residence

I'm looking for suggestions for the "direction" of Aegis, PVP.
What would you like to see placed in a poll for the community to vote in?
(Note: we wont take anything that involves a complete wipe, removal of PVE etc.)

Xhazed

Portal
Make it so that clans have bases that they are requiered to build and remove conquest points then make it so that rhe clans base can be claimed or something like that

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Armor dropping on death (at least until the whole advanced enchanting/crafting system is in). A big incentive to PvP is getting loot. Sure you get some stuff right now (maybe some food, a pick). Overall keeping your armor when you die just results in a bunch of graveyard running. People don't care if they die because they keep all the things they need to fight (other than a few reagents)

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
TNT regeneration and use-flag being enabled on PvP(I'm assuming they were only enabled for Residences in PvP, right?) were good choices. I think that armor should drop, but I don't handheld items should drop. What's the point of carrying a rare item that maybe costed you a lot of souls when you have a higher chance of losing it? Or maybe just decrease the costs of the Gladiator Weapons at Central?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Armor dropping on death (at least until the whole advanced enchanting/crafting system is in). A big incentive to PvP is getting loot. Sure you get some stuff right now (maybe some food, a pick). Overall keeping your armor when you die just results in a bunch of graveyard running. People don't care if they die because they keep all the things they need to fight (other than a few reagents)
Check the patch notes, item drops have been added.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I just want to be able to Open Chests in res's tbh, I've Gotten into this one res 7 times and they fix the way I get in every time and I get 0 loot due to not being able to open chests

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We can do this - but main-hand will stay for now.
I just want to be able to Open Chests in res's tbh, I've Gotten into this one res 7 times and they fix the way I get in every time and I get 0 loot due to not being able to open chests
Please read the post, this has already been covered.
I agree on items dropping, but with all the Legendary weapons and Gladiator ones I think we should keep them if we are holding it in our hands.
^we're holding off on the items dropping until we can do it JUST for the main-held item.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Can you also get into residences by opening blocks, and can you block users from getting inside the residence with the /res pset?
I'm not really clear on what you're asking here, so I'll reply with my best understanding:
  • These changes apply on Aegis only.
  • The change is that everyone will be able to open unblocked/unlocked chests in residences on Aegis.
  • If you don't have perms to the residence, you still won't be able to break blocks - whether in the wall or inside the res, ie over chests.
  • You can't stop players from entering your residence through clear spaces ie an open door.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Bring back named weapon kill message!
Completely unnecessary i just love seeing all of em.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
With the current changes, it would give a great boost to the PVP server however my main concern now is players storing most of their items on the PVE server within a vault. I know this has been suggested many many times before but I'd like to see the ability to transfer items between the PVP and PVE server disabled however keeping the players hero level transferable. Another feature I'd like to see be added is wider variety of objectives (and other ways to obtain loot?) added within the PVP server itself rather than constantly seeing outposts becoming active.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel weapons shouldn't drop but armor should. Would be nice to also see players drop 1 medal on death, but I could see farming problems appearing. Also a larger selection of pvp items would be great, or possibly pvp ranking system through titles. Kinda of like a private to grand marshal type of system (vanilla WoW). I just feel currently there isn't much of a reward given through pvp, and possibly the reason why people tend to avoid it....that and the population issue.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like There should Be something Punishing Unfair fights I 2v2ed a set of people twice and won then they brought back and 3v1ed me
Before that me and my friend where 2v4ing a town and then he had to go eat, I 3v1ed them and then it turned into a 6v1 with me loosing (because yeah winning 6v1? Gotta be Paladin Disciple or a kiting class to do that)
Just an Idea because I think for the 9 days I've been back I've seen more unfair fights then all of Bastion

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like There should Be something Punishing Unfair fights I 2v2ed a set of people twice and won then they brought back and 3v1ed me
Before that me and my friend where 2v4ing a town and then he had to go eat, I 3v1ed them and then it turned into a 6v1 with me loosing (because yeah winning 6v1? Gotta be Paladin Disciple or a kiting class to do that)
Just an Idea because I think for the 9 days I've been back I've seen more unfair fights then all of Bastion
Is this something to try help the server or is this just another post bragging about yourself? lol
But I doubt there is something that can pick up if you are pvping against three people at once but who knows.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Im with beau on this one, I feel tnt update was a great idea. The problem I foresee is that no one will set up residences on pvp anymore. It will push more people to pve server to live. Tnt is great against towns that have multiple people online at different times to defend against such an attack (what pvp should be about), but against residences, people can't be online all the time to defend their stuff. Which at first glance may seem part of the risk reward part of pvp that appeals to people, but for most it's not worth risking everything they have worked for. Sure you can say that with better build designs your chests will not be broken into, but I really don't think people care. They want the easy way of doing things, and don't want to have to worry about leaving their stuff in an area that could be raided when they go to level, mine, log off, etc...

To further examine this issue we need to look at how brand new players are going to view this (since this is what direction we are going in).

2 servers to choose from.
1 my stuff is safe and I can do as I please.
The other is pretty much kill on sight and my gear will get stolen over and over even with protection.
Now hold on a second.
You say I can store my stuff on pve but still go raid the people dumb enough to try to live in pvp?
Count me in.

Honestly, it's the way id look at it. It just makes more sense.

We need a way to incentivize living on the pvp server as well as limit what can be traded between the pvp/pve server.