• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP in dungeons OFF during boost!

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm pretty much the original anti-pvp complainer on this server. It's made me quit before 3 or 4 years ago when I had been active for a year or more. The server is more shop heavy than ever, which leads me to believe that the income needed is either greater or that Kainzo is wanting more because he can get away with it, I don't want to think that's it, though.

What I'm suggesting is that because people are paying actual money for the server wide boosts, that PvP gets toggled off during them but ONLY in dungeons. This way, the boosts can actually be used the way they were intended. Kainzo, I know this server is PvP mainly, and that's why there are classes etc etc, but some of us just enjoy the PvE aspect until we feel ready to PvP. A boost is not a time to PvP,

The way I see it, people buy boosts with real money, it supports the server itself as well as the players, win win. PvP will enrage the people trying to use that boost, assuming they're the victim of these constant anti dungeon raiding parties, like I always am. This already makes it so that I never want to buy a boost, because I would only get slaughtered over and over during the boost I paid for. It discourages people to put more money into the server, because why bother. Not all of us are PvP gods, when I get attacked I panic and can't even remember my key binds.

Is it not against the server's and players' interests to lose players?

Call it a compromise I guess, but you should consider it.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
lets also remove pvp throughout the whole world for 59minutes every hour so pvers get to enjoy the game :)!!!

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
lets also remove pvp throughout the whole world for 59minutes every hour so pvers get to enjoy the game :)!!!
Losing players affects you too you know. We don't grow to give you a challenge. You'll be stuck with your own people and noobs that you make rage quit because you slaughtered them before they had a chance to give the server a shot.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
Losing players affects you too you know. We don't grow to give you a challenge. You'll be stuck with your own people and noobs that you make rage quit because you slaughtered them before they had a chance to give the server a shot.
how about don't keep running to the same place if you don't want to die

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I personally like a challenge. Dungeons to me are meant for group leveling which means group pvp. This map, in my opinion, is not as comparable to other maps when it comes to leveling. It is more based on where you live on the map. The pigmen in the volcano hell biome are probably the best source of exp, but their spawning is not consistent and depends on player presence in an area which is what makes dungeons the next, if not the better, best thing. I personally have experienced death at dungeons that angered me, but that's just part of the game. I will agree that for new players it may difficult since many of those who use dungeons are experienced veterans and PvPers. I personally have not played on the server very seriously in recent maps, but the past map had no-pvp dungeons and people still had problems with killing and stuff when they got to the stronger dungeons if I recall. It's one of those things that you can't please everyone with. Dungeons should force people to unite and level together and maybe even fight off other groups. I was not very good at PvP when I started out, but I learned and I got better. Make friends, join a town, start a town, do something to help prevent your own death that doesn't involve out right quitting and wanting no-pvp things.

P.S. If you notice most groups will want to "declare peace" during boosts, be aware of these groups being in a dungeon with you. If you get killed while leveling, ask the other groups there to help you if they were not involved in your death.

There are also dungeons that don't have as much player activity as some. Check them out.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
how about don't keep running to the same place if you don't want to die
Your response was rude and uncalled for, I hoped that your return would allow you to change your behavior but clearly I was wrong. Don't be an asshole.
With that said, the idea is terrible. You should ally with people if you seek to level, otherwise it's just how things are. I could support the buyer of the boost receiving no tags for a bit, but there might be too much abuse of that. IE: Buy bost, walk into town and steal without ever being killed.

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
Honestly a lot of people talk about having no-pvp in dungeons, even though pvp is a big part of the game. I do like the idea of having pvp-off during a boost in the dungeons, but it should be half the time of the boost. That way the PvPers can wait for the leveling group to get some gear, go in, and do what they enjoy. But hey, that's just me.

drpepper1344

Soulsand
I don't think having no-pvp will benefit. In pretty much every dungeon, there is room for more than one party. In all but one boost that I have been on for i have not had any issues leveling at the dungeons with my townies, and in the one case we got chased off and went to a different dungeon. There are multiple dungeons, all of them large enough to accommodate most parties. Most people want to use the boosts to level for pvp, so most groups will either leave you alone or chase you off, nine times out of ten its not worth chasing down a pvp kill and wasting valuable leveling time.

Also, i kind of get what Porygon is getting at. In most cases where i die in pvp at a dungeon, or anywhere really, i know that going back to get my stuff will pretty much be suicide. So i either have to be prepared to run in, grab my chest, and bolt. Or, i can rely on my party to hopefully come in and help me pvp. Most of the people i see dying over and over in chat, are the same people. Sometimes you have to take the Loss, and go elsewhere to level or fight until a later date.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm pretty much the original anti-pvp complainer on this server. It's made me quit before 3 or 4 years ago when I had been active for a year or more. The server is more shop heavy than ever, which leads me to believe that the income needed is either greater or that Kainzo is wanting more because he can get away with it, I don't want to think that's it, though.

What I'm suggesting is that because people are paying actual money for the server wide boosts, that PvP gets toggled off during them but ONLY in dungeons. This way, the boosts can actually be used the way they were intended. Kainzo, I know this server is PvP mainly, and that's why there are classes etc etc, but some of us just enjoy the PvE aspect until we feel ready to PvP. A boost is not a time to PvP,

The way I see it, people buy boosts with real money, it supports the server itself as well as the players, win win. PvP will enrage the people trying to use that boost, assuming they're the victim of these constant anti dungeon raiding parties, like I always am. This already makes it so that I never want to buy a boost, because I would only get slaughtered over and over during the boost I paid for. It discourages people to put more money into the server, because why bother. Not all of us are PvP gods, when I get attacked I panic and can't even remember my key binds.

Is it not against the server's and players' interests to lose players?

Call it a compromise I guess, but you should consider it.
Alternatively, I want to release instanced dungeons. This will allow for players to have their own dungeon for an hour a day (Free?) and if they want to go to longer they can buy tickets with COINS or RL $$$

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
Well I give up on it then. Majority of people on here say it's a bad idea. As I type this my town members are on discord talking about what game they want to move to because of how annoying it is to be on Herocraft...

Edit: 5 minutes after writing this, I get killed in my own home, underground out in the middle of nowhere. No personal regions, was alt tabbed, just ridiculous.

I really wanted to play this, and I still might. But this is the kind of shit I'm talking about.

Last edited: