• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Professions

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
And in fact why remove the global market. Don't you think it's a good idea to just remove the simple chest shops. Make it so merchants have access to the Global Market. So like remove chest shops and add back the global market. In MMORPGS that I know use Marketplaces makes more sense to me.
But of course with taxes. Just add a Market NPC so people all over the server can access it. @Kainzo

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
If we do add the global market, some changes should be made.
  • Only merchants have access to add to to the global market
  • No market stalls or mailboxes will be available for purchase by the public
  • Create one mailbox/market stall at spawn with a 50% or maybe higher tax rate on buying and selling - proceeds go to the server
  • Create 2-3 structures around the map at least 300 from herogates which have markets and mailboxes, but no tax on buying/selling.
This will create pvp/pve hotspots around the map, and a money sink for those who don't want to risk going into pvp.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
  • Create one mailbox/market stall at spawn with a 50% or maybe higher tax rate on buying and selling - proceeds go to the server
  • Create 2-3 structures around the map at least 300 from herogates which have markets and mailboxes, but no tax on buying/selling.
This will create pvp/pve hotspots around the map, and a money sink for those who don't want to risk going into pvp.

^ @Kainzo i beg you do this. This makes so much more sense than chest shops

For blacksmith why only chainmail I don't get how that is the basic idea. In my opinion blacksmiths can create weapons and make them stronger. Like add more sharpness to a weapon by melting the blade and sharpening it.
To me enderchests seem more like a alchemist thing.
No. We stopped having crafting that exclusive because it was dumb, and people disliked it. It made the game that much harder to get into.

Plus, improving weapons is literally the entire point of enchanter.

I wasn't saying my list was the only thing each prof should have, I was saying that those would be the abilities that mainly define its role in the economy due to other things being craftable by other people/low demand.

I kinda agree with this, but I would prefer a reworked spawn/ trade district. Instead of the way it is set up now, have it more linear. So the main spawn point would be high up on a hill on a peninsula, and you would go down a single path leading through the trade district with shops on each side for a ways. It will make stores more accessible and people will know what stores there are simply by walking out of spawn.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm going to stop making suggestions I swear. Staff here just have too much salt
I don't see how anyone is salty.
Irish agreed on the market, so did Dafe, and heck, even Kain.
I've never liked the market, but there's a lot more voices than mine.

Disagreeing =\= Salt

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't see how anyone is salty.
Irish agreed on the market, so did Dafe, and heck, even Kain.
I've never liked the market, but there's a lot more voices than mine.

Disagreeing =\= Salt

Litteraly everyone disagrees with me. And when Irish says it in a different way they agree.
Besides k-man. Btw dafe rated my post disagree

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Litteraly everyone disagrees with me. And when Irish says it in a different way they agree.
Learn how to say it in the right way then lol

TightSqueeze

Stone
I like this except for the merchant only bit, not all towns have a dedicated merchant, make the tax double if necessary

Well, you rated mine disagree when you disagreed with mine, so I rated yours disagree when I disagreed with yours. I see no issue with that.

It's not that anyone is against suggestions, it's just that many things have been suggested, tried, and then found out to not work for the community. The majority of your suggestions seem to be things that have already failed is all.
so did Dafe
Heyhuahey. I didn't mean I liked the market, I meant Irish's would be a reasonable alternative. I still think an improved Trade District is a much better option. It adds competition in the economy, keeps prices reasonable, and keeps a more solid RPG feel.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Alright... Here's my basic idea of what profs should be at their core:

Blacksmith:
1. Make chainmail
2. Repair stuff

Farmer:
1. Can plant things other than wheat
2. Can summon animals

Enchanter:
1. Can enchant items

Miner:
1. Quickly smelts things
2. Summons pickaxe

Merchant:
1. Can create chest shops
2. Can create enderchests

Alchemist:
1. Make health pots
2. Make runesmith runes

Alchemist and Runesmith overall seem to have the least usefulness from my experience. They each have key qualities, but not major ones. If you combine them it would increase their value.

Each prof would have its place in the economy. Merchant obviously has a major role in this, but without shops there wouldn't be a whole lot to do with them.
If both of these could be implemented with minor adjustments I feel that professions would have more value, and the economy would be bettrr overall.. Best explanation ever. Lol.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
In the end non of these ideas actually got implemented :/
Stuff doesn't get overhauled in less than a week.
There is some decent stuff in this thread, and Kainzo seems to want the market again.
I doubt they'll be done right away, but they aren't ignored.

I'm currently working custom Potions and Crafting stuff for the Profs, so stuff is being worked on.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
There is some decent stuff in this thread, and Kainzo seems to want the market again.

I'm currently working custom Potions and Crafting stuff for the Profs, so stuff is being worked on.

Okay :)

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

Mah Brothah. I might actually come back if custom potions hit the market.