• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Professions

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Yo herocrafters,

I have a couple of suggestions for all different professions.

Miners : Pickaxes can instant break cobweb as a passive. It's kind of annoying if you can't reach a ore because of cobweb. Remove the skill light from
Miners like seriously no one used it. Miners have the skill ultra vision what's the point of light.

Farmers : Add back so only farmers can make bread to give more value to farmers or make it so if farmers craft bread they get double or a little less.

Blacksmiths : Make is so Smeltiron had a cool down instead of slowness or make it instant cast and no CD like miners. Make it so blacksmiths can sell shields with chest shops. Consider making it so Blacksmiths can deconstruct Shears :3. Consider adding summon Pickaxes to blacksmiths or call it forge Pickaxes, seems logical to me I mean it's a blacksmith it makes these kind of things ...

Merchant / Global Market : Make it so only Merchants can use the Global Market and add back the Global Market.
To make it so Chest shops are still useful make it so when a merchant posts something on the Global Market there is a 33.3325% Tax. So if you put up a item for 1000C and it gets sold you get 750C instead of 1000C.

Hope you will consider my ideas!

Kind Regards,

EmilyRoseV

Last edited:

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Winner winner chicken dinner. Lol, I agree with a lot of what you said here. It would be nice to see only farmers making bread. Right now, as a blacksmith its my main source of food, and it would make the game more interesting if I had to get food for myself or purchase it, rather than stealing wheat from disbanded towns and making it bread. Lol.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Miner: meh, just carry a stone sword, seems more of a pain to make a skill just to mine web faster. Though I do agree light is worthless.
Farmer: Wouldn't really help Farmer,only would do good if it was in at the start, but we had so many issues with restricted crafting, they weren't worth it IMO
Smith: All Smith/Miner forge/smelt skills with have CD instead of warmup.
Global market: No. It ruins the TD, and chest shops would never be worth it compared to the Market.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Miner: meh, just carry a stone sword, seems more of a pain to make a skill just to mine web faster. Though I do agree light is worthless.
Farmer: Wouldn't really help Farmer,only would do good if it was in at the start, but we had so many issues with restricted crafting, they weren't worth it IMO
Smith: All Smith/Miner forge/smelt skills with have CD instead of warmup.
Global market: No. It ruins the TD, and chest shops would never be worth it compared to the Market.

Then you will have to find another way to make the professions useful. Atm it's so unbalanced I mean like Blacksmiths can mine, make food, repair, Forge stuff. Farmers can only get leather which is completely useless nobody buys leather anymore like 1 time a week it gets sold. People can just go out into the wild with a looting 3 sword and kill cows and they safe like 70C. The only really used professions / useful professions here are Miners, Blacksmiths, Enchanters. Like Runesmiths useless unless your town forces you to take it, Engineers also basically useless besides pushing ores. Merchants well these are pretty useful. But literally 50% of the professions are never used.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Then you will have to find another way to make the professions useful. Atm it's so unbalanced I mean like Blacksmiths can mine, make food, repair, Forge stuff. Farmers can only get leather which is completely useless nobody buys leather anymore like 1 time a week it gets sold. People can just go out into the wild with a looting 3 sword and kill cows and they safe like 70C. The only really used professions / useful professions here are Miners, Blacksmiths, Enchanters. Like Runesmiths useless unless your town forces you to take it, Engineers also basically useless besides pushing ores. Merchants well these are pretty useful. But literally 50% of the professions are never used.
We tried having restricted profs, and it was very very unpopular.
It was an extreme pain to have to find a smith just to get a Sword or Pickaxe MADE, not repaired, just made.
The only profs we really had were Smith, Enchanter, Merchant, Miner, and the occasional Farmer to grind Leather.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
We tried having restricted profs, and it was very very unpopular.
It was an extreme pain to have to find a smith just to get a Sword or Pickaxe MADE, not repaired, just made.
The only profs we really had were Smith, Enchanter, Merchant, Miner, and the occasional Farmer to grind Leather.

In my opinion when you guys took away the restrictions you took away the value of the profession. The thing is this is a MMO massive multiplayer online game. You are supposed to work together to achieve something. So you have to try to gather like every profession in your town.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion when you guys took away the restrictions you took away the value of the profession. The thing is this is a MMO massive multiplayer online game. You are supposed to work together to achieve something. So you have to try to gather like every profession in your town.
There was less working together TBH.
Towns had the same system they do now, one or two people go Engie/Farmer and swtich off when needed. Otherwise most people play Smith/Miner/Merchant/Enchanter.

Removing the restrictions took away the tediousness, especially at obscure hours when there's less players on.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
There was less working together TBH.
Towns had the same system they do now, one or two people go Engie/Farmer and swtich off when needed. Otherwise most people play Smith/Miner/Merchant/Enchanter.

Removing the restrictions took away the tediousness, especially at obscure hours when there's less players on.

There are supposed to be challenged. So you will have to just wait until you find the right person.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
#RemoveProfessions Haha, just kidding. Wondering if @Kainzo will be compressing the professions along with the classes. If so, the classes may gain some new value... And about Runesmith. CHEAPEN THE REAGENTS. That's all <3

Also, is there any way players will be able to assist in the process of condensing the classes?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
There are supposed to be challenged. So you will have to just wait until you find the right person.
AH yes, the riveting challenge of waiting 3 hours for a smith to log on so I can make my Diamond pickaxe.

Honestly, restricted profs added very little in the way we did it.
Restricting armor, tools, and weapons was a bad move IMO. It forced people to wait and rely others. Sure that sounds good, but it just punished new players who didn't have a town smith make them 5 double chests of Chainmail armor.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
AH yes, the riveting challenge of waiting 3 hours for a smith to log on so I can make my Diamond pickaxe.

Restricting armor, tools, and weapons was a bad move IMO. It forced people to wait and rely others. Sure that sounds good, but it just punished new players who didn't have a town smith make them 5 double chests of Chainmail armor.
Chainmail btw is still smith restricted, the only thing that is

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6

I said bread never armor and Pickaxes :/
And about summonpickaxe I didn't mean so only blacksmiths can make it I meant like the miner skill

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I said bread never armor and Pickaxes :/
And about summonpickaxe I didn't mean so only blacksmiths can make it I meant like the miner skill
My point was about restricted Profs. It's just tedious. Restricting just bread doesn't do anything since Potatoes and Carrots exist.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yo herocrafters,

I have a couple of suggestions for all different professions.

Miners : Pickaxes can instant break cobweb as a passive. It's kind of annoying if you can't reach a ore because of cobweb. Remove the skill light from
Miners like seriously no one used it. Miners have the skill ultra vision what's the point of light.

Farmers : Add back so only farmers can make bread to give more value to farmers or make it so if farmers craft bread they get double or a little less.

Blacksmiths : Make is so Smeltiron had a cool down instead of slowness or make it instant cast and no CD like miners. Make it so blacksmiths can sell shields with chest shops. Consider making it so Blacksmiths can deconstruct Shears :3. Consider adding summon Pickaxes to blacksmiths or call it forge Pickaxes, seems logical to me I mean it's a blacksmith it makes these kind of things ...

Merchant / Global Market : Make it so only Merchants can use the Global Market and add back the Global Market.
To make it so Chest shops are still useful make it so when a merchant posts something on the Global Market there is a 33.3325% Tax. So if you put up a item for 1000C and it gets sold you get 750C instead of 1000C.

Hope you will consider my ideas!

Kind Regards,

EmilyRoseV

Hmm maybe merchant only market is the best bet... its been back in for a bit...

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm maybe merchant only market is the best bet... its been back in for a bit...
I still think the Market was a really bad idea.
Even restricted to Merchant, it discourages Chest shops and player trade.

Alright... Here's my basic idea of what profs should be at their core:

Blacksmith:
1. Make chainmail
2. Repair stuff

Farmer:
1. Can plant things other than wheat
2. Can summon animals

Enchanter:
1. Can enchant items

Miner:
1. Quickly smelts things
2. Summons pickaxe

Merchant:
1. Can create chest shops
2. Can create enderchests

Alchemist:
1. Make health pots
2. Make runesmith runes

Alchemist and Runesmith overall seem to have the least usefulness from my experience. They each have key qualities, but not major ones. If you combine them it would increase their value.

Each prof would have its place in the economy. Merchant obviously has a major role in this, but without shops there wouldn't be a whole lot to do with them.

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Alright... Here's my basic idea of what profs should be at their core:

Blacksmith:
1. Make chainmail
2. Repair stuff

Farmer:
1. Can plant things other than wheat
2. Can summon animals

Enchanter:
1. Can enchant items

Miner:
1. Quickly smelts things
2. Summons pickaxe

Merchant:
1. Can create chest shops
2. Can create enderchests

Alchemist:
1. Make health pots
2. Make runesmith runes

Alchemist and Runesmith overall seem to have the least usefulness from my experience. They each have key qualities, but not major ones. If you combine them it would increase their value.

Each prof would have its place in the economy. Merchant obviously has a major role in this, but without shops there wouldn't be a whole lot to do with them.

For blacksmith why only chainmail I don't get how that is the basic idea. In my opinion blacksmiths can create weapons and make them stronger. Like add more sharpness to a weapon by melting the blade and sharpening it.
To me enderchests seem more like a alchemist thing.