• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Potions are OP

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
They are throwing off the PVP to the point where it isn't even a point to fight anymore

I've seen 6v1 and the 1 win more than once, because of the healing potions

If ALLLLLL the cool enchants are taken out of the game, then we need to think about potions as well

they are gamebreaking.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
He's right. The potions throw off the balance of the game. As long as you have potions you are basically invincible vs the people that don't have any on them.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
To be honest, potions are a unique specialty of PvP and therefore should stay. Some towns like Fumo, TorchLightc and Konoha are one of the few towns with accesss to potions. These towns have basically earnt the first use of potions. If you can't defeat a player who uses potions, buy some potions to counter it.

Either they 'limit' the use of potions or a new skill is developed to negate splash potion effects etc.
Potions are great fun to use and if they were removed, materials like Netherwart, Ghast Tears and Glistering Melons will lose their value.

Potions are OP because they are currently not mod-able. because of this, healing potions heal MC hearts or, 30%-60% of your health, its mainly the instant health potions that are tipping the scale in PVP. So until the official mod api is released by mojang I think that several if not all potions are disabled (mainly the healing potions and harm/poison potions.) to keep from total pvp domination due to an unfair advantage.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Potions are OP. But everyone has access to them if you work for it. I use them in combat, and Instant Health II gives 95 total hp. I've tested it. And these potions do not even cost that much to make as long as you have nether warts.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
95 hp......

yeah that is not cool. what the point of a paladins lay hand? it has a 15 min cool down. why bother .. i can stand there and spam potions all day long and let 20 people beat on me., and LIVE.

i can go into a fight, get beat on and then use potion to get full health in seconds and keep doing this while the other person does same thing, or not and dies.

everyone has access to the fire sword enchant and its been removed from the game.

they need removed till they can be properly adjusted for the heroes classes and skills.

Why even bother with any skills? i can get a potion for posion and health and throw 10 of em at the enemy, hit em they die, if i miss , health potion myslef till i can hit em and win.

:mad:

there is zero skill involved in throw a glass bottle.
With the skills built in to classes, you have to manage hp/mana, and how and when you attack, etc.

Potions negate this.

agentjwall

Godly
I agree that 'technically' potions are fair since anyone can get them, but because they have such a huge bearing on who wins the battle that they should be taken out for the time being. I agree that people with potions should have an advantage but at the moment it's just far too much of one.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with Plasma. Yes Greek everyone technically has access to them. But that doesn't mean everyone has reasonable/easy access to them like the current people who are dominating pvp. Even if everyone had potions and were on even footing the fights would still be ridiculous with everyone just spamming potions instead of abilities. It also heavily favours those with heavy armor who already take much less damage to begin with. Does there need to be a way to get some health back mid-fight other than healers? Yes there should be a way to get a bit of health back, but the current state of potions is not the way to do it.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
When I said everyone has access to them, I meant I think that was the reasoning behind putting them in initially. Here's how it works:

Dreadknight + hp potions = Never dying.
Dreadknight + swiftness = Tanking bard with quicken for 8 minutes.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't want to have to carry them,

I already have to know my class and every other class to understand how to best win a fight,

now I've gotta use a potion because somebody else has one

I'd rather just nobody have it and let the heroes plugin work as intended

it worked just fine in Zeal map, There are people on this map with 300+ kills,

that is rediculous, they go on 20 kill streaks just dominating entire towns

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't want to have to carry them,

I already have to know my class and every other class to understand how to best win a fight,

now I've gotta use a potion because somebody else has one

I'd rather just nobody have it and let the heroes plugin work as intended

it worked just fine in Zeal map, There are people on this map with 300+ kills,

that is rediculous, they go on 20 kill streaks just dominating entire towns
I had more than 300 kills when potions weren't out, although, I see your point. Haha, I like potions in, but I agree they are WAY to OP, and they should be removed.

I had more than 300 kills when potions weren't out, although, I see your point. Haha, I like potions in, but I agree they are WAY to OP, and they should be removed.

They don't need to be fully removed from the game, just disabled until they are modded down to the point that it gives the advantage but doesn't mean you can tank a 5 v. 1 and still win with barely a scratch on you're health.

pujan909

Stone
They are Oped if the admins/coders can they can prob try to reduce the damage on potions it might work you never know and ye potion of poison can be overused some times :D

agentjwall

Godly
They are Oped if the admins/coders can they can prob try to reduce the damage on potions it might work you never know and ye potion of poison can be overused some times :D

At the moment there is absolutely no way for potions to be adjusted. They either have to be in or out.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
from this thread:
http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/potions-needs-adjusted.13655/

it's not completely impossible, and we have modified how much HP the instant potions heal, they are still getting worked on though. Also Fire Res blocks all fire damage because heroes tells it to. Now this is probably a balance issue in the long run (since it makes fireball useless on damaging classes), but in the end the MC Potions/Enchants really have absolutely no balance associated with them and really make running SMP focused on PvP horrible.

I forgot to mention Weakness/Strength are completely disregarded right now, so attempting to craft/use them is pretty much pointless. And we wont be giving them their normal benefits. It's possible that we'll give them adjusted benefits in the future.

They can be adjusted and removed while leaving others.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
you dont have to stand corrected :) its not impossible but its probably alot more work then needed.

in short, potions need the nerf.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
They are throwing off the PVP to the point where it isn't even a point to fight anymore

I've seen 6v1 and the 1 win more than once, because of the healing potions

If ALLLLLL the cool enchants are taken out of the game, then we need to think about potions as well

they are gamebreaking.
This is why Kainzo was delaying their release. But EVERYONE on the server was bitching about potions not being added in. So to please you lot after weeks of complaints he released it. Reap what you sow

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
This is why Kainzo was delaying their release. But EVERYONE on the server was bitching about potions not being added in. So to please you lot after weeks of complaints he released it. Reap what you sow

unfortunately this server, like all servers is 98 percent 14 year old dbags

the good news is the 2 percent are really really awesome, so I still love