• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug POOP Username

_Trains_

Obsidian
Yes, here is what happened. I was dungeoning, when I received a message from @J2BH. He hadn't seen my nickname yet, but he had heard of it from the forums. We decided to meet at spawn so he could see it, and he immediately began to think of reasons why it could have been that way.

We first tested it out in the lobby and on creative, to see if it was on the other servers. J2BH suggested that it might be a mod, and wondered if Herocraft used bukkit. He mentioned that there was a nametag thing on Bukkit, but /nametag didn't reveal a command.

Finally, J2BH wanted to test it out on another server. We went to hypixel using the modpack, to see if it affected a completely different server. POOP was still standing strong above my head in hypixel.

J2BH had another theory that something messed up in the modpack, and POOP was a failsafe when downloaded. I deleted and re-installed the modpack, and logged back on.

POOP was gone.

@J2BH solved the impossible mystery.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes, here is what happened. I was dungeoning, when I received a message from @J2BH. He hadn't seen my nickname yet, but he had heard of it from the forums. We decided to meet at spawn so he could see it, and he immediately began to think of reasons why it could have been that way.

We first tested it out in the lobby and on creative, to see if it was on the other servers. J2BH suggested that it might be a mod, and wondered if Herocraft used bukkit. He mentioned that there was a nametag thing on Bukkit, but /nametag didn't reveal a command.

Finally, J2BH wanted to test it out on another server. We went to hypixel using the modpack, to see if it affected a completely different server. POOP was still standing strong above my head in hypixel.

J2BH had another theory that something messed up in the modpack, and POOP was a failsafe when downloaded. I deleted and re-installed the modpack, and logged back on.

POOP was gone.

@J2BH solved the impossible mystery.
I told you to do this, months ago... lol

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Did you try turning it on and off?

From the little bit of testing I did with Trains, yeah, if he didn't use the Modpack that did remove the problem.

Part of what was curious was that some players using the Modpack could see it, whereas others couldn't. And players not using the Modpack could still see it, I think...

Which does point to some error relating to the Modpack, doesn't it.

(I think I'm remembering all those variables correctly.)