• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Plugin] Lumberjack

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
This plugin would cause lag on the server, on any server really. If someone decides to break the bottom of a huge playermade tree, it could crash the server. Oh, and it makes it hard to decorate a playermade tree. Lorien f.eks would be fucked.

Well if I remember right the plugin only allows normal trees to be chopped in one go not playermade trees, and the plugin itself wouldn't cause lag unless someone went round with an eff axe chopping tons of trees down, its the drops which cause lag. All that plugin does is replaces the log/leaf blocks with there items so with a plugin that stacks dropped items better suchas "nolag" plugin would remove a lot of the lag with this plugin.
But I see your point and if this plugin was to be put into HC then it would need some work put into it to make it suitable.

chrisxzpyro

Stone
This plugin would cause lag on the server, on any server really. If someone decides to break the bottom of a huge playermade tree, it could crash the server. Oh, and it makes it hard to decorate a playermade tree. Lorien f.eks would be fucked.
You're thinking of a different plugin. This one requires you to cut all blocks of the tree down. It doesn't just come tumbling down by breaking a single log. The parameters require that the tree be of a certain type; Jungle trees and player designed tree's must be chopped down the traditional way.

But I see your point and if this plugin was to be put into HC then it would need some work put into it to make it suitable.
Every plugin requires some tweaking to get it to work.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The issue with ''floating'' trees comes from this:

- Players only needing 2-3 logs from a normal tree, to then leave the rest.
- The tree is too big to be cut down normally, so they don't bother.
- The tree is too tall to be cut down normally, so they don't bother.

In my eyes, this plug-in isn't needed. If applied to point 1, then it'll just leave many pillars of wood all over the place (which is even worse because you won't get any saplings, as shown by the GIF annimation). If applied to point 2 and 3, then it won't do anything to get rid of the floating ''big/tall'' trees, the ones usually found around this server.

It really goes to show, like others have said, that you're just being lazy. :( If you don't like how ugly the landscape is, or how there is a shortage of trees, why not go do something? It doesn't take much time, just get some saplings, run around, and plant them. Maybe add bonemeal for tall grass, and dirt to patch up ugly holes. This is what I do when I travel around the server map, and if more people do it, then things will quickly get better won't they? :p

As for the plug-in itself, it seems cool, although I too don't think it'll work well on this server. Reasons:

- It'll mess up the economy for wood and saplings.
- It just makes things easier for players, and breaks away from vanilla MC.
- It could lag.
- It might not work (see above).

Honestly, I've seen this before, and you can cut down an entire forest with this plugin in you can connect them right. Lag indeed.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Mr Awesome and Majora, You are both on the wrong plugin, go back and read previus posts.

I'm following the plug-in you said, actually. We don't need some fancy system to fix the problem, we just need people to go out and plant some god damn trees. Blasting new plug-ins at all our problems will later on come and bite us in the ass.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I'm following the plug-in you said, actually. We don't need some fancy system to fix the problem, we just need people to go out and plant some god damn trees. Blasting new plug-ins at all our problems will later on come and bite us in the ass.
I agree with this whole-heartedly.
However, newer players just don't seem to care about the environment. Which might be the majority of the problem. Even if you do manage to raise awareness about replanting, unless the person has bonemeal on them, they're not even going to wait for the tree to grow. Ergo, it's going to be a sapling forest.

Sure, you can have good intentions, but if you don't act on anything then nothing WILL happen and I think I speak for everyone when I say, not everyone uses the forums. Not everyone cares anyway.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I agree with this whole-heartedly.
However, newer players just don't seem to care about the environment. Which might be the majority of the problem. Even if you do manage to raise awareness about replanting, unless the person has bonemeal on them, they're not even going to wait for the tree to grow. Ergo, it's going to be a sapling forest.

Sure, you can have good intentions, but if you don't act on anything then nothing WILL happen and I think I speak for everyone when I say, not everyone uses the forums. Not everyone cares anyway.

It is very easy for a current member, such as myself, to just go around the four main roads planting trees. I'm not asking NEW players to sort out the mess, i'm asking CURRENT/OLD players to. If new players don't want to replant, fine, older players can always go and do that. All that this idea needs is motivation. I myself have done just this inbetween the North-East HG and the town ''Solitude''. All I did was plant saplings and tall grass, nothing more! :p It didn't take long and it actually made the whole area, once barren, full of life! :D