• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Please allow Chest Organiser Mods!

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
So as you may be aware Chest Organiser mods are not legal mod on Herocraft!

WHY!?

I really do miss having all my chests organised using mods such a Inventory Tweaks. I was just so satisfying to see all of my chests perfectly in place with everything lined up how I love it.

From what I understand it is likely this plugin and as a result its huge benefits are being blocked by a NoCheat permission in some way! If there is anyway this could be removed, and Inventory Tweaks could become a legal mod, I would be a very happy hero!

Because every time I have to look at this...
531980a025497bc1fa6a8698410fc75c.png

A little bit of me dies inside... :(

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
The mod he is talking about does these things according the the website
  • It automatically replaces your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
  • It sorts your inventory and your chests in a single click/keystroke
  • It provides lots of powerful shortcuts to move items around
  • It allows you to customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to clever configuration files
Honestly the only advantage I can see is the tool breaking thing. >.<
But I would make sure you test this somewhere, make sure dup's still can not be made :3

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Back in the day, the issue was with dupes but I believe those have all been fixed.

Other than organizing the chests, what else does this do, @Troppics ?
The mod he is talking about does these things according the the website
  • It automatically replaces your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
  • It sorts your inventory and your chests in a single click/keystroke
  • It provides lots of powerful shortcuts to move items around
  • It allows you to customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to clever configuration files
But I would make sure you test this somewhere, make sure dup's still can not be made :3
What he said ^^ :)

ImTheFool

Stone
I agree in that this should be allowed. In my opinion, the only gameplay related feature (potentially) is the tool-replacing thing, but even then.. Not really an advantage. Mostly a quality-of-life change when building.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I agree in that this should be allowed. In my opinion, the only gameplay related feature (potentially) is the tool-replacing thing, but even then.. Not really an advantage. Mostly a quality-of-life change when building.

Agreed. I have used this tons in the past before joining HC. And yes, the replacement feature on your bar is more geared towards building, imo.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Gold weapons would need looking at, suddenly it becomes viable to have a gold-sword wielding RuneBlade/Paladin if they have instant-replacement from their inventory.

Edit: This point still applies for Gold Shovels and Axes, imo.

Last edited:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Gold weapons would need looking at, suddenly it becomes viable to have a gold-sword wielding RuneBlade/Paladin if they have instant-replacement from their inventory.
Beware my inventory of 36 golden swords, I am elite. TBH you can already have 9 golden swords in your toolbar, or 8 + a shield. 8 swords should last a fight and then you can just put new ones down in your toolbar after each combat. 7 swords a shield and food if you worry about that as well, though absolution kinda makes food obsolete.

ImTheFool

Stone
Beware my inventory of 36 golden swords, I am elite. TBH you can already have 9 golden swords in your toolbar, or 8 + a shield. 8 swords should last a fight and then you can just put new ones down in your toolbar after each combat. 7 swords a shield and food if you worry about that as well, though absolution kinda makes food obsolete.

Not only that, but if enemies do that, they start risking a whole ton of gold. 72 ingots per inventory of swords. Maybe some other town can do that, but with my town, there's no way people could keep that up for long. That's a buttton of gold.

jdyoungs

TNT
I'm pretty sure this isn't as easy as changing the rules to allow this kind of mod. To my recollection, chest organizing mods simply perform a whole bunch of item moves to "organize" - think of manually sorting your inventory sped up to the blink of an eye. Autoloot mods do the same thing - perform a whole bunch of move commands far faster than can be done manually. To my knowledge - NoCheat flags all rapid item movements in inventories as Fastclick violations, which is backed up here. Making NoCheat flag one and not the other is almost assured to be a huge hassle that no one is willing to do; so my vote is no, as much as I'd love to say yes. :(

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the only issue is the no-cheat violations, but I'm sure the rules can be disabled. I love the quality of live improvements it brings. From the mod page
"Note that servers can block InvTweaks from working correctly by using anti-cheat plugins. In the case of NoCheatPlus, "inventory.fastclick" and potentially "combined.improbable" have been reported to cause conflicts with the mod's rapid movement of items."
So if those are disabled or set to a lower amount, this would work. Not sure if management would want do do it, but I can't think of any abuse resulting from this other than quick loot (steal whole chest at once) mods.

I vote to enable it.

EDIT: Found this NoCheatPlus link

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Inventory mods are notorious dupe-enablers. I doubt we will see this in-game.

Le_Leg

Legacy Supporter 9
I spoke with Xanipher in-game, about the legitimacy of this mod. Xanipher took it to Kainzo personally and asked him the same question.
Kainzo told Xanipher who told me that it's good to use.