• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Planetside 2 - Released, Free to Play! [DH]

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
IGN: LordVictor NC Soltech[DOUBLEPOST=1354238857,1354238787][/DOUBLEPOST]Honestly would have went TR, but irl buds started before I could tell them about you guys haha

brancher

Obsidian
Why? That gun isn't even close to the most powerful TR gun. The MSW-R is the strongest LMG, even the T9 CARV-S is better.

The reason NC hate TR weapons is because NC players play like they're TR. The NC weapons are higher damaging, the tanks are called the VANGUARD, the Heavy weapon is an autoshotty, and the MAX dual wields autoshotties... since PlanetSide 1, the NC is BY DESIGN a close combat faction that is supposed to be pushing the engagement range to short distance. The VS weapons have either hitscan or lack in bullet drop while having severely reduced recoil and NO damage falloff due to range, the Magrider can strafe incoming rockets and can only fire straight ahead making it ideal as artillery, the Heavy weapon has lower DPS than a pistol but its bullets cause AOE damage, and the MAX unit while weak has far traveling bazooka fists. Since PlanetSide 1, the VS is BY DESIGN a long distance combat faction that is supposed to wreak havoc on a base until the enemy is pushed into their spawn. Meanwhile, the TR weapons have high rate of fire, fair amounts of recoil, average damage per bullet, damage falloff, bullet drop, and high magazine clips, while the tanks are rapid firing skirmishers that can lock down for quicker firing speed, the Heavy weapon is a slow windup squad killing machine gun, and the MAX dual wields chainguns. Since PlanetSide 1, the TR is BY DESIGN a mid-range combat faction that is supposed to charge into battle and decimate its enemy from assault rifle ranges.

It's no wonder NC players hate the TR weapons when the TR weapons are designed to RULE THE MIDRANGE. Yet if you've ever attempted to take a Biolab from NC, all the high-powered shotguns, Gauss rifles, Scatmaxes, Bolt Drivers, and turrets make doing so a task in futility because everything is funneled into CQC.

Notice the pattern here? It's checks and balances. TR hate attacking NC or defending against VS. NC hate TR in general but stand a chance against VS if they can close the distance. VS hate both factions, but abuse their lack of damage falloff for superior long range engagements. There's nothing wrong with the factions themselves, there's something wrong with the way the faction members are PLAYING. Successful NC squads are the ones who fill up a sunderer or galaxy, activate their gate crasher ability, and charge straight through a base's shields to jump out and open fire at close range. The guys who complain about TR or VS stuff are the ones camping ridges and wasting ammo.
you are an idiot. fire rate is everything on planetside.

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
you are an idiot. fire rate is everything on planetside.
Only to people who can't aim. This isn't the first shooter to have rapid firing, lower damage body spraying weapons. Other shooters call them the FAMAs, the F2000, P90s, MAC10s, or some other assault rifle/SMG. Scrubs use them and think they're awesome at the game. Bodyspraying is not skill. Headshotting is skill. The NC Gauss SAW is exactly like an AK-47, lower ROF, high damage, high first bullet accuracy, and high recoil management requirement. It takes skill to shoot, it's not a noob toy. Go TR if you want to body spray, go NC if you want to headshot. Go VS if you suck at both.

brancher

Obsidian
Only to people who can't aim. This isn't the first shooter to have rapid firing, lower damage body spraying weapons. Other shooters call them the FAMAs, the F2000, P90s, MAC10s, or some other assault rifle/SMG. Scrubs use them and think they're awesome at the game. Bodyspraying is not skill. Headshotting is skill. The NC Gauss SAW is exactly like an AK-47, lower ROF, high damage, high first bullet accuracy, and high recoil management requirement. It takes skill to shoot, it's not a noob toy. Go TR if you want to body spray, go NC if you want to headshot. Go VS if you suck at both.
not reading it, you're the embodiment of retard for arguing my statement.

higby even said on livestream that NC weapons are far inferior than the other two factions weapons, which is probably why they are getting buffed.

i've played shooters since call of duty 4, and on all of them i've pulled at least a 3 k/d, most more than that. the fact of the matter is planetside isn't like most games, you can't compare it to anything gunfighting wise.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Any FPS is about killing someone before they kill you. The weapons (Whether balanced or not.) should be aimed at appeasing your style of gameplay before they are "OP" Bullets kill after all. Personally, brancher is only voicing his opinion, if you prefer faster weapons, then they are everything, if you prefer single-burst fire weapons, then they are everything. Personally I enjoy the Light Assault Shotguns, flawless things of beauty. But to be honest with you, in a close up battle, if you don't start firing first or at a gap of time based on the fire rate, you will most likely die (IE: The NC basic rifle is horrible for getting players killed with its average fire rate because its meant for medium range.)

I won't go too far into it, because its math and formulas that determine that shit distance vs firerate or some shit. Either way, stop bickering.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Battlerank 19 now. :)

atlKJ.png

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Eh... When I'm playing I do nothing but run around. There is no communication inside your empire so I don't really know what territory we're trying to take. D:

codyneace

Legacy Supporter 4
Eh... When I'm playing I do nothing but run around. There is no communication inside your empire so I don't really know what territory we're trying to take. D:

Mattherson-east coast, easily the most active/interesting server with a very vocal community. Browse the outfit recruitment threads and try it out man. I guarantee you'll have a better playing experience.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's a read-only channel that Squad leaders / people who spec into it can obtain so they can actually tell everyone what to do.

It's a great game and I'm glad it's free. I haven't had any boosts and I'm level 20, it's sort of a grind if you dont subscribe but I prefer grinds.