• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Planetside 2 - Released, Free to Play! [DH]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Some new servers opened up - we're now playing on the below (SolTech)
SERVER = SolTech
OUTIFT = Disposable Heroes
EMPIRE = TR

Name: Kainzo or Kainz0

Sleaker

Retired Staff
yah I'm really enjoying TR right now, the default assault rifles are pretty awesome.

Name: Sleakes

Kainzo should add my name to the OP so people can message me in-game for invites. I think I'm an officer so that means I can invite people right?

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
"I like NC vehicles but the T9-Carv is pretty nice." My hatred for that gun is pretty deep haha.
Why? That gun isn't even close to the most powerful TR gun. The MSW-R is the strongest LMG, even the T9 CARV-S is better.

The reason NC hate TR weapons is because NC players play like they're TR. The NC weapons are higher damaging, the tanks are called the VANGUARD, the Heavy weapon is an autoshotty, and the MAX dual wields autoshotties... since PlanetSide 1, the NC is BY DESIGN a close combat faction that is supposed to be pushing the engagement range to short distance. The VS weapons have either hitscan or lack in bullet drop while having severely reduced recoil and NO damage falloff due to range, the Magrider can strafe incoming rockets and can only fire straight ahead making it ideal as artillery, the Heavy weapon has lower DPS than a pistol but its bullets cause AOE damage, and the MAX unit while weak has far traveling bazooka fists. Since PlanetSide 1, the VS is BY DESIGN a long distance combat faction that is supposed to wreak havoc on a base until the enemy is pushed into their spawn. Meanwhile, the TR weapons have high rate of fire, fair amounts of recoil, average damage per bullet, damage falloff, bullet drop, and high magazine clips, while the tanks are rapid firing skirmishers that can lock down for quicker firing speed, the Heavy weapon is a slow windup squad killing machine gun, and the MAX dual wields chainguns. Since PlanetSide 1, the TR is BY DESIGN a mid-range combat faction that is supposed to charge into battle and decimate its enemy from assault rifle ranges.

It's no wonder NC players hate the TR weapons when the TR weapons are designed to RULE THE MIDRANGE. Yet if you've ever attempted to take a Biolab from NC, all the high-powered shotguns, Gauss rifles, Scatmaxes, Bolt Drivers, and turrets make doing so a task in futility because everything is funneled into CQC.

Notice the pattern here? It's checks and balances. TR hate attacking NC or defending against VS. NC hate TR in general but stand a chance against VS if they can close the distance. VS hate both factions, but abuse their lack of damage falloff for superior long range engagements. There's nothing wrong with the factions themselves, there's something wrong with the way the faction members are PLAYING. Successful NC squads are the ones who fill up a sunderer or galaxy, activate their gate crasher ability, and charge straight through a base's shields to jump out and open fire at close range. The guys who complain about TR or VS stuff are the ones camping ridges and wasting ammo.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
The VS weapons have either hitscan or lack in bullet drop while having severely reduced recoil and NO damage falloff due to range
Just a few corrections:

VS weapons do not have hitscan (in fact, there are no hitscan weapons in the game). Their projectiles do have increased speed compared to the other factions, however.

VS weapons actually have greater damage falloff compared to the other factions. This is the primary drawback to their weapons.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
I would also argue that VS have the best weapons in the game. Compared to other factions, the majority of their weapons have:

- No bullet drop
- Fastest projectile speed
- Fastest reload speed
- Highest accuracy
- Lowest recoil

And as stated above, their only real drawback is that they have higher damage falloff.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I would also argue that VS have the best weapons in the game. Compared to other factions, the majority of their weapons have:

- No bullet drop
- Fastest projectile speed
- Fastest reload speed
- Highest accuracy
- Lowest recoil

And as stated above, their only real drawback is that they have higher damage falloff.
I Like the challange of all of that... if i wanted any of that i would still be playing CoD