• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
I like pirates, do you like pirates? Of course you do, everyone likes pirates! (If you don't like pirates, shame on you).

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I think "Pirate" should be a class, because, well, pirates.

Pirate class would be a rogue class.

Pirate would deal a medium amount of left click dmg, his damage mainly coming from his (Gun shot skill)

On to the skills :

Being a rogue class, Pirates would get Kick and Sneak, because all rogues have those (apart from Runeblade not having kick, w/e). The next skills are just ideas, I'm not good with numbers so I'll leave those out.

- Passive (name : something to do with boats) : Pirate gain movement speed when in water, because they're pirates, and pirates have boats, and boats are fast.

- (name : I dunno) : Pirate uses a blunderbuss or whatever it's called, does AoE damage in front of him (like cleave). Takes X secs to warmup, while warming up, plays ignited tnt noise, when fired, plays explosion sound.

-(name : Smoke Shot?) : Pirate uses special ammo to shoot smoke in someone's eyes, blinding him for a few seconds (4-5 blocks). Plays explosion sound when fired.

- (Drinkin') : Pirate drinks a lot of rum, giving him nausea and delaying the damage he takes for a few secons (he takes no dmg for the duration, but takes all that damage in 1 shot after the duration is over).

- () : Throw a bomb (In an arc, like inferno orb, but even more arc'd) a few blocks in front of you, deals AoE damage to players caught in its blast.

- (Smoke Bomb) : Throw a smoke bomb towards target block, players caught within 3-4 blocks of the impact are blinded for a few seconds.

- (Roll/Backstep?) : Makes you "jump" (more like a small bump) 2-3 blocks backwards (not like backflip) has a fairly low cooldown (5secs?). Can't really be used for escaping because, terrain and running is just faster. Useful for dodging skills.

- Passive () : Pirate has a small % chance to deflect incoming attack using a buckler OR : Active : When activated, blocks the next attack (left click or arrow).

- Gills : Y'all know what gills does.

- (Gun shot?) : Shoots gun a people, does moderate dmg, low cooldown. Medium range (5 blocks ish?)

I guess that's it, I don't really have any more ideas, but you guys can add and criticize I guess (please, only constructive criticism.)

One last word : PIRATES.

EDIT : Added names to some skills, changed (Smoke Shot), added (Gills) added (Gun Shot)

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I like pirates, do you like pirates? Of course you do, everyone likes pirates! (If you don't like pirates, shame on you).

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I think "Pirate" should be a class, because, well, pirates.

On to the skills :

Being a rogue class, Pirates would get Kick and Sneak, because all rogues have those (apart from Runeblade not having kick, w/e). The next skills are just ideas, I'm not good with numbers so I'll leave those out.

- Passive (name : something to do with boats) : Pirate gain movement speed when in water, because they're pirates, and pirates have boats, and boats are fast.

- (name : I dunno) : Pirate uses a blunderbuss or whatever it's called, does AoE damage in front of him (like cleave). Takes X secs to warmup, while warming up, plays ignited tnt noise, when fired, plays explosion sound.

-(name : I'm bad with these) : Pirate uses a gun to shoot someone in the eye, blinding him for a few seconds OR shoots in the leg and slows the other player, has a medium range (4-5 blocks).

- () : Pirate drinks a lot of rum, giving him nausea and delaying the damage he takes for a few secons (he takes no dmg for the duration, but takes all that damage in 1 shot after the duration is over).

- () : Throw a bomb (In an arc, like inferno orb, but even more arc'd) a few blocks in front of you, deals AoE damage to players caught in its blast.

- () : Throw a smoke bomb towards target block, players caught in 2-3 blocks of the impact are blinded for a few seconds.

- (Roll/Backstep?) : Makes you "jump" (more like a small bump) 2-3 blocks backwards (not like backflip) has a fairly low cooldown (5secs?). Can't really be used for escaping because, terrain and running is just faster. Useful for dodging skills.

- Passive () : Pirate has a small % chance to deflect incoming attack using a buckler OR : Active : When activated, blocks the next attack (left click or arrow).

I guess that's it, I don't really have any more ideas, but you guys can add and criticize I guess (please, only constructive criticism.)

One last words : PIRATES.
What I've taken from the skill description, is Pirate would be like a mid range kite fighter, than a melee fighter?

And also, it seems rather lackluster for 1v1's against other classes. Other than kick, it has no real counters for major skills other than the occasional blind.

Some ideas to help it along.

Increase the radius of the smoke bomb to something similar to a splash potion. (Maybe longer range as well).

It almost sounds like pirate wouldn't be going in for those left clicks, but instead kiting around with blunderbuss, bombs, and using that hilarious rum skill to tank some hits. So maybe higher ranged based attacks without the long range of a ranger. Something in-between maybe? That has the capability to fight mid-and short-range attacks.

I personally think this would make depth strider just broken. The passive+depth strider equal crazy speeds. And this passive is completely usless in arena.

Maybe add gills too, since he is a water based class.

Oh, and the tier 2 name could be Swashbuckler.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
It almost sounds like pirate wouldn't be going in for those left clicks, but instead kiting around with blunderbuss, bombs, and using that hilarious rum skill to tank some hits. So maybe higher ranged based attacks without the long range of a ranger. Something in-between maybe? That has the capability to fight mid-and short-range attacks.

I personally think this would make depth strider just broken. The passive+depth strider equal crazy speeds. And this passive is completely usless in arena.

Maybe add gills too, since he is a water based class.

Oh, and the tier 2 name could be Swashbuckler.

1 : That'd be nice, it'd make for something different.

2 : I was thinking something along the lines of like, +10% move speed, bring let's say, the pirate's 108% to a 118% while in water (pathfinder is 117% I think)

3 : Makes sense :)

Also, as I said, not good with numbers so things will feel a bit underpowered or weird probably :p

Edited the 1st post to change some things.

Last edited:

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4

Pirate would deal a medium amount of left click dmg, his damage mainly coming from his (Gun shot skill)

On to the skills :

-(name : Smoke Shot?) : Pirate uses special ammo to shoot smoke in someone's eyes, blinding him for a few seconds (4-5 blocks). Plays explosion sound when fired.

- (Drinkin') : Pirate drinks a lot of rum, giving him nausea and delaying the damage he takes for a few secons (he takes no dmg for the duration, but takes all that damage in 1 shot after the duration is over).

- (Smoke Bomb) : Throw a smoke bomb towards target block, players caught within 3-4 blocks of the impact are blinded for a few seconds.

- Gills : Y'all know what gills does.

- (Gun shot?) : Shoots gun a people, does moderate dmg, low cooldown. Medium range (5 blocks ish?)

One last word : PIRATES.

EDIT : Added names to some skills, changed (Smoke Shot), added (Gills) added (Gun Shot)
Great idea. Some1 already had an idea like this, ill put link so you can see some of his ideas.

Jreems

Legacy Supporter 8
still waiting for swashbuckler to be implemented....this balance team is so sad

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
still waiting for swashbuckler to be implemented....this balance team is so sad
Creating pirate skills is the responsibility of the coders, not the balance team. Anyway no more necro thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.