• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Physical Currency Items

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings!
Since there's been a bit of discussion about this and I can see some are confused, I'm making this post as an informative place to answer questions and help integrate these new systems.

What are they?
Token of Favor (only gained from store purchases and other players)
Medal of Vengeance (only gained from successfully slaying a rival clan member)
Symbol of Acquisition (gained from rare mob drops, greater ore and advanced crafting)

What do they do?
They can be traded in Heroes Landing (Central) for set prizes and rewards. Each currency item can be traded at a specific vendor. Please note that Token of Favor will not grant combat-usable gear, etc. Where as Medals and Symbols will be more geared towards combat or general use.

When's this getting released?
We hope to have this out around the same time Season 1 rolls open, it's possible we will have to push it back. In either case, the currency items are already in the game and ready to be hoarded.

Last edited:

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Greetings!
Since there's been a bit of discussion about this and I can see some are confused, I'm making this post as an informative place to answer questions and help integrate these new systems.

What is it?
Badge of Acquisition (gained from rare mob drops, greater ore and advanced crafting)

What do they do?
They can be traded in Heroes Landing (Central) for set prizes and rewards. Each currency item can be traded at a specific vendor. Please note that Token of Favor will not grant combat-usable gear, etc. Where as Medals and Badges will be more geared towards combat or general use.

We hope to have this out around the same time Season 1 rolls open, it's possible we will have to push it back. In either case, the currency items are already in the game and ready to be hoarded.
Nice

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Greetings!

What are they?
Symbol of Acquisition (gained from rare mob drops, greater ore and advanced crafting)

What do they do?
They can be traded in Heroes Landing (Central) for set prizes and rewards. Each currency item can be traded at a specific vendor. Please note that Token of Favor will not grant combat-usable gear, etc. Where as Medals and Symbols will be more geared towards combat or general use.

I still have yet to get a Symbol of Acquisition from mining..To put this in perspective, I've already gotten 2 Soul of A Great Hero(s) and a Greatpick of Notch. All 3 through mining.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I still have yet to get a Symbol of Acquisition from mining..To put this in perspective, I've already gotten 2 Soul of A Great Hero(s) and a Greatpick of Notch. All 3 through mining.
I think he may have disabled them when he disabled the medal of vengences (he disabled them to prevent early farming of the medals in early map PvP)

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Advanced crafting was a planned feature that was never implemented past the reagents themselves being introduced, so they do nothing. Instead they have since been made a requirement for towns to form and upgrade.
Yes but as Kainzo mentioned symbols of acquisitions may be dropped by advance crafting. What does that mean?
Does that imply that advance crafting is coming soon?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes but as Kainzo mentioned symbols of acquisitions may be dropped by advance crafting. What does that mean?

Oh dang, I read the posts but somehow missed that as I read through. I have no idea in that case. Its either a hint that it is coming soon or another feature to add onto the list to be done eventually.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It means that you may be able to create them through workbench crafting. Finding pieces that drop more regularly from mobs and combining those pieces, etc.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
It means that you may be able to create them through workbench crafting. Finding pieces that drop more regularly from mobs and combining those pieces, etc.

Can you confirm/deny the rumors that these new currencies will be implemented tonight?

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just wondering, what are the rewards?
It depends on the token you are turning in. It ranges from PVP gear (medals) Tools (symbols) and supporter stuff (tokens)

note that crafting stuff / etc will probably be more heavily on Symbols, where as protection / sharpness will be on PVP gear.

This is a cross-over until we have full custom items with attribute increasing stats - in which case the items will be replaced.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
premined:
87 diamond ores mined 20 emeralds got 13 large souls 1 relic 5 2 symbols I would estimate 6h of work to strip mine in virgin land (which there will soon be none of) at depth 11.
Considering 6h / day of mining and 128 for max item I would increase the drop rate by at least 5 times.

Last edited:

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Drop rates are abysmal right now.(from ores) Not sure if intended or not.
I pre-stripmined a large amount of area 4 hours worth of work. Here are the results after the symbols were released:

gpHXvRN.png
97 Diamond, 20 emeralds, 1 Symbol, 8 large fragments and 1 alchemy IV
*I'm a miner, so this is the end product, not sure on the actual amount of ores broken.
**smaller souls omitted, as well as other ores and minor drops.

In comparison to PvP Medals(which can easily be gained from killing rivals), I feel the drop rate needs to be upped on the mining side. Also I have yet to test Advanced Crafting or mob kills.

EDIT: This was mined in virgin, untouched land. As time goes on, it'll get progressively harder to get ores and as such harder to get symbols. "food for thought"

87 diamond ores mined 20 emeralds got 13 large souls 1 relic 5 2 symbols I would estimate 6h of work to strip mine that much.
Considering 6h / day of mining for a week to get 128 (for max item) I would increase the drop rate by 5 times.

Lol if this was my job maybe..

Last edited:

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeelow and Marius tested minerals and I was tasked with testing mobs. 3 hours and 300 mobs later and I haven't found a single token.
Over 1000 blocks from spawn, in a party, out of a party, rain, no rain, but still no tokens. Approximately 250 souls, lots of relics, good amount of rare crafting components, but no tokens. Which mathematically would put the drop chance of these tokens at less than 0.3% chance drop rate.

TLDR: Abysmally low drop chance from mobs. Waste of time

Edit: m-m-m-m-monster kill! Up to 400 mobs and still no drops

Last edited: