• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Physical Currency Items

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
Did 1.5 hours of mining got a symbol. To be honest I have been going back to the same mountain to mine for emeralds so it is probably 6-8 hours of mining over 4 trips. By the way where is the councilmen to redeem it?

Bluekitty17

Legacy Supporter 5
I've gotten one of them from 5 min of mining. Mine dropped from coal, not sure if that makes a difference or anything...

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
single symbols aren't worth much in regards to trading. Kainzo said that you need a good amount. The max needed for the top tier is 128 symbols.

I've gotten one of them from 5 min of mining. Mine dropped from coal, not sure if that makes a difference or anything...

@Kainzo I was under the impression that these only dropped from greater ores( diamond and emerald) If not, then our samples are skewed.
or
Have you tweaked anything regarding symbols since last night?

Last edited:

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
So apparently people think that these are rare enough to be sold for 4k souls...wtf people.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
tested another 4h mining run 12 large fragments no symbols
Thanks for the reports! We need this kind of feedback

single symbols aren't worth much in regards to trading. Kainzo said that you need a good amount. The max needed for the top tier is 128 symbols.

@Kainzo I was under the impression that these only dropped from greater ores( diamond and emerald) If not, then our samples are skewed.
or
They drop from all ores / mobs. We can make them only drop from greater, however.

or
Nothing has been tweaked yet.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
i got 2 symbols in 4 hours of mining about 2 stacks of diamonds 15~ large soul frags 30~ emeralds

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
They drop from all ores / mobs. We can make them only drop from greater, however.

This is really dependent on what direction you want this trading stuff to go in.

If you want the really good stuff (fortune, silktouch epic tools, etc) to be the rewards, the higher difficulty of having to mine them from greater ores would be a good checkpoint to stop the market from getting swamped.

The other end of the spectrum is leaving it dropping from all ores. This will *potentially* allow a much greater amount of the symbols into the economy, destabilizing and lowering the worth of this new currency faster.

In my opinion, and with a much greater amount of testing ahead of me, I think that dropping from greater ores and mobs should be the only way to get the symbols. The description of the symbol reads something along the lines of "with great determination" or something*. You should be determined to find the greater ores and be rewarded for mining them. Getting these rares from common ores like coal and iron kind of defeats the purpose. Isn't that why you removed the chance for relic Vs and codices from minor and lessor ore?

However, if you settle on limiting the drops to mobs and greater ores, you should probably slightly increase the drop rate. Half of the drop chance that Large fragments, have may be the right level.

-Will continue adding progress and feedback as I mine.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is really dependent on what direction you want this trading stuff to go in.

If you want the really good stuff (fortune, silktouch epic tools, etc) to be the rewards, the higher difficulty of having to mine them from greater ores would be a good checkpoint to stop the market from getting swamped.

The other end of the spectrum is leaving it dropping from all ores. This will *potentially* allow a much greater amount of the symbols into the economy, destabilizing and lowering the worth of this new currency faster.

In my opinion, and with a much greater amount of testing ahead of me, I think that dropping from greater ores and mobs should be the only way to get the symbols. The description of the symbol reads something along the lines of "with great determination" or something*. You should be determined to find the greater ores and be rewarded for mining them. Getting these rares from common ores like coal and iron kind of defeats the purpose. Isn't that why you removed the chance for relic Vs and codices from minor and lessor ore?

However, if you settle on limiting the drops to mobs and greater ores, you should probably slightly increase the drop rate. Half of the drop chance that Large fragments, have may be the right level.

-Will continue adding progress and feedback as I mine.
Only Greater ore and Mobs now drop the ore - increased ore drops from 1% to 3% and made it so its a drop every "call" - so it was 0-1 chances 1% of the time, now its 1-1 chance, 3% of the time.

Last edited:

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Onl;y Greater ore and Mobs now drop the ore - increased ore drops from 1% to 3% and made it so its a drop every "call" - so it was 0-1 chances 1% of the time, now its 1-1 chance, 3% of the time.

so if I'm reading this right,

It used to be: there is a 1% chance to get a 50% chance for a drop
Now it is: there is a 3% chance to get a drop

is that correct?

Ultanian

Portal
After about 30 mins of mining and 17 diamonds, I got 1 symbol of acquisition. Is that really lucky?

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
I am now sitting pretty at approximately 1,000 mobs killed and zero, repeat zero symbols have dropped. This equates to, mathematically, a less than a 0.01% chance drop rate which is rarer than the rarest of rare in any game you will ever play. Weather this is a bug, the worst possible luck, or maybe the drop tables are overly flooded with relics and other stuff at the moment I am not sure.
All that I know is that 8 hours of constant mob slaughtering with no symbol dropped yet.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
When it comes to mob drops I think that it should be a from endermen only, as they are the higher tier mob and since they are harder to kill, as they have the potential to teleport away before you can finish them off. "With great determination"

Edit: Coal doesn't drop so Zombies shouldn't either.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When it comes to mob drops I think that it should be a from endermen only, as they are the higher tier mob and since they are harder to kill, as they have the potential to teleport away before you can finish them off. "With great determination"

Edit: Coal doesn't drop so Zombies shouldn't either.
Can you give first hand feedback on what you saw form mob drops?

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9

I am now sitting pretty at approximately 1,000 mobs killed and zero, repeat zero symbols have dropped. This equates to, mathematically, a less than a 0.01% chance drop rate which is rarer than the rarest of rare in any game you will ever play. Weather this is a bug, the worst possible luck, or maybe the drop tables are overly flooded with relics and other stuff at the moment I am not sure.
All that I know is that 8 hours of constant mob slaughtering with no symbol dropped yet.

He then went on to mine a vein of diamonds and got a symbol.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
From 1,000 mobs I received:
A ton of relics. Good scattering of 1-3s handful of 4s and I believe 2 5s
Stack and a half of gunpowder/arrows
Stack of string
Stack of spider eyes
2 Stacks of Zombie flesh
2 Stacks of bones
Bunch of random crap from witches
6 Stacks of slimeballs
Half stack of locked crates
Roughly 1000s
15 or so Badges of loot finding, mana shards, enchanted rawhide scraps, and soul catalysts (each)
0 moonstone ingots (odd)
3 Peridots
1 Sapphire
1 chain helmet
1 gold helmet (enchanted)
2 Bows
And a Staff of the Overseer

This was over the span of the past two days

He then went on to mine a vein of diamonds and got a symbol.
*Two Symbols

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Missed that... good to know. Maybe its best to keep it at Ores only...

That could work, I mean, there is already a pretty diverse set of rare loot drops from mobs. For mining we only have Notch Picks and the Souls of a Great Hero(can that be dropped from mobs?)