• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Personalized M:TG Cards! Request yours here!

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm kind of in the mood to make some M:TG cards, because I feel like it (don't judge me). I've been making cards for some of the staff to positive reviews (usually only when inspiration strikes), but I don't want to play favourites, so if you want one then tell me right here! Don't be shy or worry if I don't know you well enough to put something clever on your card; this is as much for my entertainment as it is for yours. Optionally, you could say a bit about yourself (your class, how long you've been playing, maybe post a picture to use or two, etc.) so that I can summarily ignore it and put whatever I want up.

EDIT: I've decided to share the .mse file containing the set of cards I'm building on. Feel free to edit stuff around, or even try to make it into a working set and not just a bunch of humorous cards. You'll need Magic Set Editor 2 to view and change around the files, but it's a pretty simple program. Everything I've done on these cards has been done without ever opening the help file.

Herocraft.mse (Last update: Aug 6)

Herocraft symbol (the little rarity mark in on each card needs this file. If you can draw it better, I wouldn't mind an improvement. I just slapped it together.)

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Repurposing this post into a list of the current cards in the set.

Code:
Creatures:
Apherdite, Empress of Zeal
Audioslve340, the Eternities Unwound
Brutalacerate, the Administraper
DagothAgahnim, the Ancient
Dazureus
Domitius
Doreagarde, the Absent
Dsawemd
Ginzuishou
J. Money
Neo Exdeath
Punisher79, the Punitive
Shadow Bunnies
Total = 13

Artifacts:
Blackjack
Cybersword
Zionized's Menger Cube
Total = 3

Instants:
Absorb
Bandage
Total = 2

Sorceries:
Backstab
Barrage
Repair
Total = 3

Enchantments:
Auto-Repair
Bladegrasp
Blaze
Total = 3

Lands:
Forest
Island
Mountain
Plains
Swamp
Zeal, Empire of Heroes
Total = 6

Planewalkers:
Kainzo, the Disposable Hero
Total = 1

Tokens:
Content Stream
Life Dispenser
Total = 2

Grand Total = 31 (+2 tokens)

The goal is at least 249 cards, which is the size of an average MTG core set. Very doable, if you ask me!

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd love one! I'm a master cleric and a master engineer. I'm part of Jericho (feel like bc of all the sandstone that means plains)
It's a slow day being an intern at a law office too

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd love one! I'm a master cleric and a master engineer. I'm part of Jericho (feel like bc of all the sandstone that means plains)
It's a slow day being an intern at a law office too
Dsawemd.jpg

Clericgineer and Engineric... it's like two cards in one!

I decided that, all other things being equal, healers are white and crafters are red. Incidentally, casters are blue, rouges are green and that leaves warriors with black. Whatever, I'll mix it up.

Also, don't feel bad that you're common! (rank=rarity today.) That just means people can get more of you when they buy a Limited Edition Herocraft: the Multiverse Expansion Pack Box Set! Also, it's more likely that you'll be in foil, too.

So, who's next? I've got about 75 minutes before I go home. These are fun, I think I'll do more on my next shift.

Cybersword

Legacy Supporter 5
You should do me some time. Have been both a Ranger and a Ninja, and currently am SIC of Atlas, under Domitius, which is a grassy town, as well as the ex-mayor of Silverwyn on the previous map. I'm also a proctor, so that could be thrown into something.

These are awesome by the way. I should totally print out all of these and try to play them at the next tournament I go to.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Me too, if you would! I was the final mayor of Silverwyn before the last map wipe, and I've been obsessed with Dragoons but I've yet to actually become one. I usually have two wolves named Love and Tolerance.

What else... I'm also a broster? Nary a clue. That should be enough to go on if you want to try.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Back at work, so I'm back in business!

@Cybersword
Cybersword-2.jpg

I did a Google image search for "cybersword" and this was the first hit, so I thought "why not?" Thar ya go. Proctors and Guides are rare for some reason. I dunno.

@Domitius
Domitius.jpg

That's the absolute best I can do with image editing software. I use Paint.net on my work computer, so whatevs. I can't do any better with Photoshop anyway. And I don't even know if there's such thing as an "enchantment token", but it's all just for fun anyway.

@Dazureus
Dazureus.jpg

Sorry dude, guess I'm just not a MLP fan. Warriors get black, by the way. Don't feel evil if you don't want to.

Special slow day bonus!
ZealEmpireofHeroes.jpg

I was almost finished of this when I left work on Wednesday, so I thought I'd just finish it up and post it. Merry Christmas, you fucks.

These are fun, keep the requests coming! I'm going to be online today, and if I find time between petitions, I'm going to try to take pictures for some Herocraft basic land cards. Work is slow. Yeah.

Ginzuishou

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd love to have a card made for me, if you have the time. I've mastered necro, currently a crafter will be going back necro the second nether is available. Proctor, Midgard council member, t1 donor, huge fan of the sailor moon franchise, but not sailor moon herself. More of a sailor saturn.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
@Shadow Bunnies
ShadowBunnies.jpg

If I can't think of any flavour text off the top of my head, I just go through the post history and find something typical of the player or funny when out of context. I didn't know if you'd want your bitterness in print for all eternity, but it was either that or "Approved, welcome aboard." So there it is!

I'm using Magic Set Editor V2 to make these, and the set is up to 12 cards now plus a tentative 5 more for basic lands. I want this thing to keep growing until it's as big as regular sets! Then I'll share the .mse file, and people can print them off, make decks and get kicked out of tournaments! ULTIMATE GOAL

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
If we can get enough cards made I will build an entire deck from them and play them in a game and let you know the results =)
Haha, no guarantees that these cards will be balanced! So far there's a bunch of OP insta-win cards for the late game and nothing for turn one!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
D: Oh well. My fault for mentioning it.
and of course friendship isn't happiness, it's magic

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
D: Oh well. My fault for mentioning it.
and of course friendship isn't happiness, it's magic
I'm just giving you a hard time, Daz! Don't feel bad. ;) I'll change the card if you like; I'm not a snobby auteur who gets upset when other people mess with my work.

And I'll make spells and tokens, and it'll be great! But I'm not going to make any attempt at all to balance the deck or make it "serious". People can print and play with the cards if they want, and even edit around the .mse once I upload it, but this is really just for fun.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I know you are, it's fine. You could alter it if you're in the mood and I'd appreciate that, but once I hit Dragoon you gotta make me a good one.