• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch #1

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hi everyone, since people have busy schedules we're gonna do the first patch on the forums. Just a reminder that we are looking for activity both in game and on the forums so if you want to remain on the team be sure to participate and provide constructive feedback, otherwise you will be removed.

That being said, we have a lot to go through so I'm just gonna post the first round of suggested changes, feel free to comment/add whatever you want

Paladin:
Until we have all the new skills completely finished and are not crashing the server, we will be reverting to paladin from last map. Hopefully @Dewyn can finish those up asap. What that means:

• Shieldingstrike -> Bash
  • DivineBlade -> Absolution
  • Divinestun (level 40)
  • Layhands (level 60)
ShadowKnight:
Again, still waiting on some new skills, which will hopefully fill out dreadknight

• Add Terror (level 35)
Dragoon:
  • Remove stun at the end of Soar, Add target limit
  • Remove silence on Airborne (this skill was supposed to interrupt not silence so not sure what went wrong here)
  • If possible make Dash a targeted ability, if not possible reduce velocity
Barbarian:
  • Still missing Slash, Axethrow, Hurl @Dewyn
  • Replace Charge With Lunge (old version)
  • Reduce Suckerpunch duration from (1.5 + 0.1 per charisma) to (0.75 +0.1 per charisma)
Ninja:
Lots of pending changes for ninja, all depend on @Donal finishing the new skills. Will edit if he confirms they are done

Beastmaster:

Still missing some important skills like callwolf, but i pushed a nerf for arrow damage by about 15-20% a couple days ago, hasn't been pushed to live yet.
  • Move SummonArrow to level 5

Wizard:

• Boltstorm is extremely unreliable, if this change does not help will replace with megabolt. Change radius of targets damaged by bolt from 4->8
  • Increase Cooldown of Bolt from 14->16 seconds
  • Increase Cooldown of Blink from 15->18 seconds
Hydromancer:
  • I have no idea how engulf was coded and how to configure it, but it basically needs to be 50% as effective as it is now, makes the class too mobile. Hopefully @Dewyn can shed some light on it
  • Add 1.5 second warmup to flood (if possible reduce skill knockback)
  • Remove entangle (idk how this even ended up on this class)
  • Reduce knockup velocity of tsunami
Beguiler:
  • Temp remove Polymorph until crashes stop and we can add a silence to it
Pyromancer:
  • Decrease cooldown of Firebolt from 20->15
  • Increase damage of Firebolt from 60->100
  • Increase base max mana by 200
Cleric:
With new skills being added cleric has seen better days healing wise, looking to touch those weak spots up. Still missing Angelsgrace/Cleanse @Dewyn @Kainzo

• Change Pray from 80+1.25 per wisdom to 80+2 per wisdom
  • Reduce mana cost of HolyAura from 180->150
  • Increase base healing of groupheal from 100+2 per wisdom to 140+2 per wisdom (This is what divineblessing was last map)
  • Reduce mana cost of Sacredhymm from 200->180
  • Reduce mana cost of bindingheal from 250->150
  • Increase healing of bindingheal to 190+4 per wisdom (this is similar to sacredtouch from last map)
This is all I have for now, trying to get these in for Friday's patch @Balance Team

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Hydromancer
Engulf is time based. Right now I believe it's six seconds, suggested reduction from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
Flood: I would rather this skill stay the same, I don't like the idea of a warm up, especially if entangle is going away. but knock back reduction is ok
Agree with remove entangle
Tsunami is hard enough to hit imo I wouldn't change this.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hydromancer
Engulf is time based. Right now I believe it's six seconds, suggested reduction from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
Flood: I would rather this skill stay the same, I don't like the idea of a warm up, especially if entangle is going away. but knock back reduction is ok
Agree with remove entangle
Tsunami is hard enough to hit imo I wouldn't change this.
Decreasing the knockup of tsunami wouldnt affect hitting the skill, just removing the possibility of fall damage or comboing with flood and doing insane fall damage. If its time based engulf needs to be something like 2 seconds imo. I still think flood should have some sort of warmup, but maybe something small like 0.5-0.75 seconds.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I think Hydro's damage is too high atm, but with the removal of entangle this may not be as big of a problem.

Tsunami does 176damage, and fall dmg too. In general all its skills seem to do too much damage, its bolts do around 100dmg.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Been thinking about it for today, honestly I love the personality behind hydromancer, its the most fun I've had with a class since I learned about disciple/monk. I would be heartbroken if it was nerfed really hard. Although some of the skills had unintended consequences, it's given character to a caster that we haven't really had before, a mage more focused on CC, mobility, and overall team peel over damage, which is a really cool idea.

I would be fine with losing damage over all, as long as the ability to move around with engulf, and to push multiple targets around with flood.

If hydromancer looses both, I'll probably just rage quit leveling and live as a lost soul lol. The class may be strong but it's ass in solo pve and pretty hard to level.

@Irishman81

c12095

Holy Shit!
I like the changes to Dragoon, far too much mobility with the addition of Dash being without a target restriction. Beastmaster needs the damage nerf, i'd really like to see the wolf added in.

On another note I think we should look at Monks Damage vs Sustain as well as Beguilers CC vs Damage.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Test server is all up to @Kainzo. If he clones the live server configs and puts them on the old beta server, as well as gives me ftp access, we could experiment live changes there and work a lot faster.