• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladin too strong - as always

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Paladin always seems to be overpowered, even when it gets nerfed.
Over the past couple of weeks I've 1v1'd numerous Paladins on the test server. (Mainly as a Dragoon) The result was a loss for me every single time. I was often getting literally double the amount of hits off on my opponents as they were getting on me, and still I'd lose, and if the paladin used layhands they'd generally finish on around full health, even though I'd just beaten the living shit out of them.
This can't be right can it?

Also, this may just be me bitching but I feel as though Dragoon is pretty weak at the moment - the fact that barely anyone plays it right now is enough to suggest this, seeing as it's one of the most fun classes to play.

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
Paladin needs a nerf and here are some reasons why
1. A heal that heals around 152 health, + a fullheal
2. Like a 3 second stun, with a interrupt
3. IT HAS A HORSE
4. Counters Pretty Much Every Class

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Reckoning. That is all.

Seriously though: Pally seems rather strong, and it is IMO. But they aren't unbeatable. Bringing down their base heals and changing either reckoning or divine stub would help balance them IMO. Although I'm sure balance team or people who play pally have a more educate opinion.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Paladin always seems to be overpowered, even when it gets nerfed.
Over the past couple of weeks I've 1v1'd numerous Paladins on the test server. (Mainly as a Dragoon) The result was a loss for me every single time. I was often getting literally double the amount of hits off on my opponents as they were getting on me, and still I'd lose, and if the paladin used layhands they'd generally finish on around full health, even though I'd just beaten the living shit out of them.
This can't be right can it?

Also, this may just be me bitching but I feel as though Dragoon is pretty weak at the moment - the fact that barely anyone plays it right now is enough to suggest this, seeing as it's one of the most fun classes to play.
I do agree that Padilin is quite overpowered, at one point me and a team of 3 or 4 Max levels where attacked by just one, EVERY time it got down to red it full healed. Even though I could constantly revive my team, it still won. I would even say it full healed like around 6 times. Sigh~ Its a quitepowerfull class and I truely hope it gets nerfed in the future or the full heal skill removed, it already does a lot of damage and has a ton of defence, why bother having a full heal?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
In my opinion, one of the things that need to happen is for Paladin to not have the damage it currently has. It might not seem like much compared to other classes, but it's hard not to win when you have a 2 second stun every 20 seconds (should be changed to 30 or 40 seconds) as well as an "extra life". A suggestion I have is to make Layhands only usable on others, I don't think it makes sense for a knight to put down his sword and put his hands on himself in the middle of a fight... Paladin should be used as a support tank, not a class that people only play because it's easy and you almost never die.

Incoming rating abuse from all the current Paladins...

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Ikr, they've got a two second stun during which you can't hit them, a three second invuln during which you can't hit them, a damage-reflecting skill during which there's no point hitting them, and a huge heal that negates all prior damage dealt to them. Not to mention they're tanky as Hitler's 'tash.

ZeeeFoooosh!

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4
Remove it's ability to use a sword, make it only be able to use a shield. Being able to do the same dmg as the other warriors is totally against pally lore.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I always viewed Paladin as a support tank as BaBomba mentioned above. Some of the changes I heard of Paladin(not sure when) was the better scaling of damage with strength or something. To my understanding from other people's words Paladin isn't a "support" class rather it's sort of hybrid which can be hard to balance out.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Paladin is more than op, people call wizard op, but paladin takes it to a whole new level being able to 1v2 almost any classes and win.

As a wizard, or disciple, or most classes ive played i can get a pally to red, but then he full heals and im dead.

I agree with babomba, layhands should only be able to heal others, and not to max, 75% of their max health.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
BloodMages also kill Paladin right @FrankyDemon1996? :D

On the other hand, I like a lot of what Paladin has to offer and although I agree that it has a lot of strength right now, making many changes will also change the fun of playing the class.

What about just making Layhands and instant cast fast channeled full heal. 10% hp per second max 10 seconds?
This way the Paladin cannot do damage and use skills and can still take damage while casting, but you don't lose a critical and otherwise good skill?

EDIT: "making many changes will also change the fun of playing the class." My personal favorite way to handle this would be to not take away from the Paladin, but to bring all other classes into the OP range.
You can take the two most powerful classes and make them weaker and less appealing but more in line with the other weaker classes, or you can leave them be and increase the power of the other classes to give each class it's own feel of being over powered instead.
I personally like the second option more, as I would rather feel over powered with any class I choose then underpowered ;)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
And taking out SuperJump didn't make dragoon less fun?!?!
EDIT: "making many changes will also change the fun of playing the class." My personal favorite way to handle this would be to not take away from the Paladin, but to bring all other classes into the OP range.
You can take the two most powerful classes and make them weaker and less appealing but more in line with the other weaker classes, or you can leave them be and increase the power of the other classes to give each class it's own feel of being over powered instead.
I personally like the second option more, as I would rather feel over powered with any class I choose then underpowered ;)

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I have an idea, let's make layhands have a short induction time (Stuns the paladin while in use). Also make it only usable on allies, not yourself. So instead of instantly healing yourself by a ton, you can stun yourself for 2 seconds and heal someone else a bunch. Also I agree DivineStun should have a longer cd.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
In that case, there was no reason to nerf dragoon, if you want all classes to be "OP" then why the hell nerf dragoon?

How many times did a dragoon legit superjump in a fight? in the at least 2 months superjump was still in the game when i was back, i only saw dragoons use superjump to run from 1v3's.

And really superjump is perfect for dragoon, right now there isn't much pvp, and if you aren't AD 3v1ing people you're the guy getting 3v1'ed. or you're asking for a fair fight and organizing a fight.

Superjump gave people the option to not have to die in 1v3's.

At least bring back superjump but make it out of pvp only.

Skill name: SuperJump
Learned at lvl: 70
Description: Sends you 35 blocks straight up into the air.
Warm-Up: 3 Seconds.
Reagents: 50 HP maybe?, or could actually be a reagent such as feathers? idk really.