• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded and installed the modpack, but noticed that there is no mana bar. Is the Herocraft mod updated or is it currently left out?

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Zan's is DEFINITELY not in this, it is Rei's.

I just checked the mod list. Yes it is. I see both Zan's and reis in the new mod pack.

Edit: I can provide screenshots if you'd like?
I just got onto a private world to check to see if the mods were working and I saw the map and map interface looked different then before, prompting me to look into it.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I just checked the mod list. Yes it is. I see both Zan's and reis in the new mod pack.

Edit: I can provide screenshots if you'd like?
I just got onto a private world to check to see if the mods were working and I saw the map and map interface looked different then before, prompting me to look into it.
I don't know where you are looking, because on the first post's mod list it says Rei's, the changelog says it removed Rei's, and I just downloaded the mod pack, and this is the list of mods:

--Minecraft Forge--
--LiteLoader--
--Optifine_HD_U_C5--
--Macros Mod--
--TabbyChat--
--VoxelMenu--
--VoxelMap--
--BSPKRSCore--
--ArmorStatusHUD--
--StatusEffectHUD--
--WorldEditCUI--

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Well that is odd. I deleted my minecraft folder and downloaded the mod and I did end up with this.
upload_2013-10-4_13-59-39.png

I redownloaded the mod pack and this time it did not show up in there.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Just downloaded the modpack, what is shown as VoxelMap in the folders is ACTUALLY Zan's. Look in the VoxelMap folder and you'll see it in the filename.
Irony, anyone?

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting. Maybe the finally have it restricted server side. I use Rei's though.

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
temporary 1.6.4 instructions

Step 1 - Download this folder of all the mods and crap I put together, this has everything except minecraft.exe

Step 2 - If you don't know how to manage the profiles, just delete your .minecraft folder and rerun minecraft, log in and get to the menu then exit

Step 3 - Install forge using minecraftforge-installer

Step 4 - Run Liteloader-installer, MAKE SURE TO "CHAIN TO FORGE"

Step 5 - Move the "mods" folder into your .minecraft folder (includes rei's minimap, macromod, optifine, tabbychat, statuseffect/armorstatus gui)

Step 6 - Run minecraft and use the LiteLoader profile

As always, HeroMod itself (mana bar, party frames) isn't updated
I've tested this and it works for me, feel free to post questions

Is there a mac alternative?

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Zan's is also VoxelMap is now allowed apparently (what i was told). The entity radar thingy is blocked server side i believe.

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
Now I know that Rumblestikk has provided some customized jars and zips to preclude what I've done here but this is an official thread for the new HeroModPack.

Without further ado, I present the:

Untitled-1-Recovered_zps90cf8afc.png

I have bundled together a customized installer that installs various Herocraft Approved mods that enhance your Minecraft experience whilst not only playing on Herocraft, but also at the Main Menu!
The installer will automagically install all the recommended mods plus some of their requirements such as ModLoader and LiteLoader.

LiteLoader - An essential mod to Minecraft that loads mods like Macro/KeyBind mod and VoxelMenu

Rei's Minimap - An optional minimap that allows for custom waypoints to be used in game

Macro/Keybind Mod - An optional mod that allows for keybinds to be assigned to macros and GUI buttons when in text mode to execute complex commands in a fraction of the time. Beneficial for Heroes Skills bindings and those Trade chat advertisements.

HeroMod - An optional mod that ties into Heroes on Herocraft for useful Heads Up Display such as a mana bar, Party member info, Combat Timer, Health Regen timer, and Skill cooldown timers. This is the main mod for this ModPack.

VoxelMenu - An optional mod that drastically changes the Main Menu of Minecraft and the Escape menu of Minecraft to be much more simplistic and comes with an awesome "Quick connect" button on the Main Menu to Herocraft RPG

Optifine - An optional mod that enables HD texturepacks on Minecraft and improves FPS drastically with improved toggles for almost everything Graphics.

bspkrs' Mods - Adds a durability HUD and status effect HUD to minecraft for easier notifications of how low your pickaxe is and other stuff.

TabbyChat - Adds chat tabs and more!

There are THREE methods of installation of this awesome pack

Technic Launcher! - OUTDATED!
WILL NOT WORK YET
To use our modpack:
1) Download the Technic Launcher from the link above
2) Set up Technic as required (input directory, doesn't need to be changed)
3) On the left side, click the button "Add New Pack"
4) Copy this link: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/heromodpack
5) Click "PASTE" in Technic Launcher
6) Click "Add Modpack"
7) Enter in login details and everything else is taken care of!

NOTE: If you have Parsing Error - Re run Technic Launcher with Admin (Right click TechnicLauncher > Run as Admin!)

ModPack Installer v1.4.0 - OUTDATED!
WILL NOT WORK YET
This modpack is download ONLY, it is NOT to be used with Technic Launcher!!

Current Version: HeroModPack v1.4.0

A Video on how to use the modpack on Mac OS X!

Minecraft 1.5.2: HeroModPack v1.3.0
Minecraft 1.5.1 - HeroModPack v1.2.8.3
Minecraft 1.4.7 - HeroModPack v1.1

WILL NOT WORK IF ALREADY MODDED MINECRAFT!!!

This method ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES a CLEAN minecraft installation! If you have a mods/ folder in your .minecraft/ YOU NEED TO DELETE IT!!

To install the modpack:
1) Download the ModPack from the link above
2) Extract the ModPack fully or this won't work!
3) If you're on Windows, open the "ModPack Installer Windows", if you're on Mac/Linux open "ModPAck Installer NOT Windows"
4) Go ahead and click "Next"
5) If you wish to customize your installation, check/uncheck anything you see
6) Click "Next"
7) Let the installer install everything (a backup of your current minecraft.jar will be made in the .minecraft/bin/ folder)
8) Go ahead and start up minecraft!

Notes: This version of the installer does take a little longer to update as it's something more annoying to upload every time there's a subversion update. I do like to keep the modpack up to date but this version will be somewhat outdated by a few versions at times.

Manual Jar Installation v1.6.0

This is to be used by those who know how to modify their minecraft without any other tools.

There is a video on how to install the ModPack for various OS'es.

Here's the Mac Installation video:

Here's the Windows Installation video
Current Release:
HeroModPack v1.6.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4

1) Make Absolutely sure you are running a clean Minecraft 1.6.2 installation and run Minecraft at least 1 time
2) Download the HeroModPack zip from above
3) Unzip HeroModPack
4) Run "minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar" (If you're using a different directory, re-choose the correct minecraft directory)
5) Check "Install client" and click "OK"
6) Run "liteloader-installer-1.6.2-03.jar" and Select "Install LiteLoader" and CHECK "Chain to Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.804" then click OK (Again, if you have a different directory for minecraft, re-choose the correct minecraft directory)
7) Click Start > cmd > %appdata% and select Roaming/.minecraft/
8) Copy the mods and config folder from the unzipped Modpack to the .minecraft/ folder
9) Optional for Optifine! go to the versions/LiteLoader1.6.2/ folder and copy the LiteLoader1.6.2.jar from the HeroModPack into here, replacing the one that was provided.
10) Launch the Minecraft Launcher
11) Select the LiteLoader profile
12) Click "Edit Profile"
13) Check JVM Arguments and paste this over what is already there
Code:
-Xmx1G -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true
14) Click "Save Profile"
15) Click "Play"! And you should be set up!

This isn't the advised way of using the ModPack, we recommend using the Technic Installation as it will always be up to date and should be the least bug free!

HeroModPack v1.6.0
- Update to Minecraft 1.6.4
- Update Optifine (Now a Forge mod)
- Update LiteLoader
- Update Forge
- Update StatusHUD
- Update Macro/Keybind Mod
- Removed Rei's Minimap (Not updated, noo longer being used)
- Added VoxelMap (Replacing Rei's Minimap)
- Added VoxelMenu (YAY!)

HeroModPack v1.5.0
-Update to Minecraft 1.6.2
-Update Optifine 1.6.2UB3
-Update LiteLoader
-Update Forge
-Update StatusHUD and ArmorHUD
-Update Macro/Keybind Mod
-Update Rei's Minimap

HeroModPack v1.4.0
- Remove Modloader
- Add MinecraftForge
- Add VoxelMenu
- Update Optifine 1.5.2UD3
- Update HeroMod
- Update TabbyChat

HeroModPack v1.3.0
- Updated Optifine D2 for Minecarft 1.5.2
- Updated bspkrs's Mods for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Rei's Minimap for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Liteloader for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Macro/Keybind Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated TabbyChat for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Removed VoxelMenu pending update from Mumfrey

HeroModPack v1.2.9
Added VoxelMenu
Added Main Menu Music

HeroModPack v1.2.8.3
Updated Optifine B2 Ultra
Updated bspkrs Core
Added some custom ordering for ModLoader to load mods in specific order :)

HeroModPack v1.2.8.2
Added configuration for bspkrs' Core mod to disable update checks (causes long start up times if the website is down)

HeroModPack v1.2.8.1
Fixed some TabbyChat defaults (gab is a derp)

HeroModPack v1.2.8
Added in TabbyChat and some custom filters for things like /tells and Elite chat.

HeroModPack v1.2.6
Updated Optifine :)

HeroModPack v1.2.5
Switched out Forge with Modloader
Added HeroMod WOOO!!

HeroModPack v1.2.4:
Changes:
- Replaced ModLoader with Forge (this is intended as there are some mods in the future that we will want to add for some really cool stuff)
- Updated Optifine to OptifineA9U for Minecraft 1.5.1
- Updated bspkrs's Mods for 1.5.1
- Updated Rei's Minimap for 1.5.1
- Updated Liteloader for 1.5.1
- Updated Macro/Keybinds Mod for 1.5.1
- Added in a default config for Rei's Minimap to be rounded for all players to have an easier time.

HeroModPack v1.2.3:
- Added default configuration for Status HUD mod to be on the mid right side of the minecraft window

HeroModPack v1.2.2:
- Added Optifine for Minecraft 1.5

HeroModPack v1.2.1:
Updated modpack for Minecraft 1.5!
- Updated Modloader for 1.5
- Updated Macro/Keybind Mod for 1.5
- Added bspkr's Mods (PotionEffects and Durability HUD)

HeroModPack v1.1:
Added:
- VoxelMenu
- Some Main Menu Music

HeroModPack v1.0:

First introduction of the ModPack
Includes:
- HeroMod for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Modloader for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Optifine for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Macro/Keybind Mod for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Rei's Minimap for Minecraft 1.4.7

Credits to all who have helped in make this possible:
Rumblestikk - He told me of the mods that were allowed and kept the Modded Minecraft thread living for ages

unknownloner - He wrote the HeroMod and is currently doing some fantastic things to keep it updated for 1.5 (We'll let you know when that's available ;))

iGavinnn - He made the awesome graphics for the Installer and this thread.

gabizou - Investing the time to search into new ways to facilitate easier modding of Minecraft suitable for the Herocraft community.

Warnings:
The modpack is provided AS-IS and the Herocraft Online Community/Staff is not responsible for what happens to your Minecraft installation. It is recommended to either use the Technic Launcher or learn how to back up your minecraft directory before possibly breaking things. It is NOT advised to attempt to install other mods ontop of the ModPack as the ModPack is specially installed and set up to work by itself. There is support ONLY for those who have fully read this post and this Warning. In the event either Rumblestikk or I ask for a key, the word is Fantastic, this will provide that you have read this block and will have our attention.

i noticed the modpack has zans minimap in it?

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
Because you have to install the forge installer and liteloader, its not as simple as swapping jar's

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd imagine that's blocked by the server too. I really don't know. All I know is Rumble wouldn't put it in the mod pack if these illegal features were available to be used on our server.

@Rumblestikk can you confirm?

Most of the illegal features are disabled by the server; I put it in there at Gabis request.

Also there should be install instructions inside the ModPack in the README.

Zans minimap IS VoxelMap.

Status
Not open for further replies.