• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I have a fresh install of MC 1.5.2 and i downloaded the new hero modpack installer from this post that says 1.4.0.
Is this 1.5.2 of the old launcher or the new launcher? This does matter as the new launcher has changed how minecraft modding works.

Acepox

Gold
What version do you mean by "old launcher". And what version of java do I need?

Wait, Minecraft? I thought heromodpack used Technic?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
What version do you mean by "old launcher". And what version of java do I need?

Wait, Minecraft? I thought heromodpack used Technic?
When Minecraft updated it's launcher, the new launcher updates the way that minecraft is launched, which effectively changes how modloaders like Forge and LiteLoader work. With this, the Modpack Installer and the Manual Methods won't work come 1.6.2, while Technic Launcher is slowly being updated to work with the new Minecraft versions. With that being said, the ModPack comes in 3 differnt ways to be installed. The easiest is the Technic Launcher as the user doesn't have to meddle with any of the installation stuffs, the 2nd is the ModPack installer that relies on the Minecraft launcher, and the 3rd is the full manual download.

Acepox

Gold
Okay, thanks. But all I get using the Technic launcher(253) is a white window. The game never fully loads.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Hmm, nope. But I didn't have it either on the first day I downloaded the modpack yet it worked flawlessly. I'll try that anyway.
I noticed this only when I switched to this craptop while my desktop is in for repairs, Technic Launcher for some reason only wants to load up 64 bit java stuff which obviously won't work for 32 bit java. So, that being said, try installing 64bit java (if your operating system supports it) and load up Technic. I already spoke to the devs and they're more interested in working on the 1.6 update.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
From the Technic pack:

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to /Users/-----/Library/Application Support/technic/heromodpack/crash-reports/crash-2013-07-31_00.34.59-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 747af681 --------
Full report at:
/Users/-----/Library/Application Support/technic/heromodpack/crash-reports/crash-2013-07-31_00.34.59-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 7/31/13 12:34 AM

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.8.4
Java Version: 1.6.0_51, Apple Inc.
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.
Memory: 49528016 bytes (47 MB) / 131211264 bytes (125 MB) up to 1065025536 bytes (1015 MB)
JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML:
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 INTEL-8.12.47, Intel Inc.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:645)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71357_I(Minecraft.java:518)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:407)
at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
--- END ERROR REPORT 9e17a2ec ----------

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Odd, the only reason why I would see this happening is if there was a Texturepack selected at loading of Minecraft. So you don't have a texturepack loading, only default, right?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Has something gone wrong with Rei's Minimap in the Modpack?
Rei's has it's fair share of bugs that the mod dev doesn't fix every update, which is why I'm aiming to move away from Rei's minimap at some point when things can be controlled.

Joeyc

TNT
Odd, the only reason why I would see this happening is if there was a Texturepack selected at loading of Minecraft. So you don't have a texturepack loading, only default, right?

I have the same problem Leftovers has. Same issue. I have the default texture.

Acepox

Gold
It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!

It works! Wonderful!

I love you, Gabizou! Let's have children!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Correct me if I am wrong, but we have to manually edit our .jar files right now? If this is the case, do all of the mods on the first page work, or which ones don't? I am an idiot when it comes to editing .jar files, so hopefully this goes over okay...

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
It sounds like Rumble and Gabi are onto it and have a modpack-like version that's working pretty well. They're just figuring out how to roll it out for HC players. Well, that's the rumblings I've been seeing from Rumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.