• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Organized "World PvP"

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I figured you'd be into this - you are always designing arenas for /col and /arena. We should get to work building Umbra's! Cameronduke suggested that you could build it above your city. This seems like it might be a good idea, but then the visitors' death chests won't spawn, which would make for a less neutral, less versatile arena. We already have griefing protection in HC anyway.

10v10 arena! Let's go!

Mind you, 2 out of the 3 arenas I built were made possible by WorldEdit. Either way, I could make an arena, but I'll be in Portugal until Wednesday. Perhaps afterward.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I consider world PVP to be most usually unbalanced and very situational. While I do love it, it's rarely "fair". I'm all for more of it.

I think we will want to move the DUELING and ARENAS to a location somewhere in spawn or near a PVP pit so that players can practice or something.
It can go both ways in terms of "fairness", but I've been doing everything in my power to properly balance world pvp, and I think that we're in a relatively good place.

While things aren't always "fair", I've often escaped or turned the tables on a situation I was dealt the wrong end of the stick for, and these situations often turn out to be some of my more enjoyable experiences throughout my time on HC.

The main issue with world PvP is that people don't want to lose their shit--they don't want to run around looking for other players. They want to jump in, get a fight or two in, and then stop. This is why Arenas / Duels are so popular on HC. It's quick, it's easy, and there are no detriments at all.

But I like world PvP. I like it a lot. I think it's really fun. I like the freedom aspect to it. I like that anything can happen at anywhere, and either you or your enemies won't necessarily know what's coming next. That is what I find fun on HC. The duels are enjoyable, but grow stale fast. The unexpected outcomes of world PvP however, that only gets old when people start regularly scheduling fights out in the open.

I'd love to see Herocraft create some sort of motivator for World PvP. Something to actually drive people to leave the safety of their towns and start fighting.

While this is a cool idea, I find that you just won't find people motivated enough to go through with it--at least not right now. There's been a bit of a lull in the PvP lately, and I have a feeling that nobody really has the motivation to try and make anything happen themselves anymore. At the very least, I know I don't.

We really need to be pushed into doing things like this. We need a real system that entices us and gives us motivation. The drive to "win a fight or two" can only take us so far--especially when there's so much prep involved.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
We need a real system that entices us and gives us motivation. The drive to "win a fight or two" can only take us so far--especially when there's so much prep involved.

Easy, remove Col/Arena/Battleground/Deathmatch, Spawn plots, TD, and Herogates. Then you'll start seeing people in the wilderness.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
OS Kingdom Arena
Red vs Blue vs Yellow vs Green teams
Observers platforms or areas around the arena
Playerdetect teams, have each person on each team click a command block that spawns a player detector IC at a pre determined location using the name of the player who activated it (to "ready" their team) then have a second one that activates a pitfall to drop you into a regioned area no man's lan. Only the victor leaves.

The victor would gain
all his enemies possessions.
some sort of reward for travelling their and particpating, like 25c+ but not absurd. (maybe only once per day limit, but can participate consecutively)
Fireworks going off out of the towers of the arena when a team wins or someone dies.
Chestshops around it in predetermined rent locations that provide the 25c for the rewards. (only gear bought from chest shops are legal in arena). Maybe have a few 'modes' with varying game rules. Some things I can think of; enchanted armor matches vs non enchanted armor. (Weapons included in these categories.) Another mode; double the reward, but take money from the losers to pay the winners ontop of the 25 coin bonus for a win.
Upto 2v2, but up to 1v1v2, 3v1, and ffa modes are feasible modes. All of this could be determined at a control point for the arena in the region.

any ideas to add onto that?

Acepox

Gold
Arenas don't have to be the classic Roman Coliseum. No need to make it huge. I'd rather fight in an underground sewer pit, a brawl pub or in a jail ring of survival. Try to be original and creative!