• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

One needs a buff

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
I just mastered Ninja and I was trying it out. I realized that One has a 180 second cooldown, costs 50 mana, and last 15 seconds. I compared this to Quicken of the Bard which has a 2 second cooldown, costs 7 mana and last 15 seconds. I know that One gives you Speed 3 instead of Quicken's Speed 2, but my point is that even if I use One to get away from a Bard, or a party with a Bard, I can only use it once over 3 minutes while they can almost constantly use it. I don't think it really helps me get away from people because even if i gain the lead with Speed 3, in a medium to long range chase, the bard can easily catch up because after I wait for One to cooldown they can use Quicken. I was hoping that maybe One could have a shortened cool down, nothing like 2 seconds, but something shorter than 3 minutes so that i could use it a few times in battle. It would also be nice if the mana cost was lowered slightly although i agree that it should be a good amount of mana since you move fairly fast. I think the mana cost should be lowered because if the CD is lowered I might not be able to cast it that often if it takes half my mana. My idea for a good mana cost and CD for One would be 20-30 mana and 15-30 CD.

malmenca

Diamond
Not to invalidate your point but quicken atm lasts 5 seconds. 5 seconds, 2 sec CD, 7 mana,

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, that seems pretty weak. But comparing ninja to bard is unfair. Bard is support and ninja is damage. Ninja doesn't need a quicken skill as badly as bards do. You still do though, to get the ranged specs. But idk comparing the two seems like the wrong way to approach it.

malmenca

Diamond
^agreed, I think in terms of "one" the goal was to give ninjas an escape skill, not a spam skill. Its a one time thing whereas quicken is not.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
Not to invalidate your point but quicken atm lasts 5 seconds. 5 seconds, 2 sec CD, 7 mana,
Sorry i got that info from someone else. But the bottom line is quicken can be used very often.
Also I tried to use it to escape from someone today, it failed miserably, he was on top of me within seconds. If you compare your speed with "One" To someone who is sprinting and jumping at the same time, which is the fastest way to travel, I don't see much of a difference in my speed.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, that seems pretty weak. But comparing ninja to bard is unfair. Bard is support and ninja is damage. Ninja doesn't need a quicken skill as badly as bards do. You still do though, to get the ranged specs. But idk comparing the two seems like the wrong way to approach it.
I used that as an example because they're another rogue spec that has a speed buff. And as i said in the previous post, quicken didn't help me much to get away =/