• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT On Oct 4th, 7PM CST: Herocraft Reborn!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Guess I need to check on the herocraft site more often... FINALLY THE MAP RESET! YAY!

after 8 edits, i still fail to learn how to put a gif in here...

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@Danda @Kainzo, with regards to what Witch has said earlier:

It sounds as though the money pool might build much more slowly than on the current map, so does the cost of various permissions need to be reviewed? Such as:
  • town establishment costs
  • town taxes
  • residence costs and rental?
The race to set up towns is a big part of the initial excitement with a new map, and this could get frustrating for the player community if the new currency system delays the chance to establish towns and/or puts town taxes out of reach.

Will any of this be a potential problem? How much coin do nuggets sell for, and how frequently do you find them?

Has their selling value and drop frequency been adjusted to make them an identical replacement of the 'Mine gold, sell gold' method? Or, will we have to mine for nuggets, vote and slay monsters, etc, in order to get a flow of income similar to that in Bastion, Dragongarde, Zeal..? (Whereas we'd just need to mine for gold)

I ask this because I too think the new system may 'slow down' the start of the map. Plus, if are able to know the selling price/drop rate of these nuggets, then that will help future town communities plan their stuff before the map wipe. :p

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
@Danda @Kainzo, with regards to what Witch has said earlier:

Will any of this be a potential problem? How much coin do nuggets sell for, and how frequently do you find them?

Has their selling value and drop frequency been adjusted to make them an identical replacement of the 'Mine gold, sell gold' method? Or, will we have to mine for nuggets, vote and slay monsters, etc, in order to get a flow of income similar to that in Bastion, Dragongarde, Zeal..? (Whereas we'd just need to mine for gold)

I ask this because I too think the new system may 'slow down' the start of the map. Plus, if are able to know the selling price/drop rate of these nuggets, then that will help future town communities plan their stuff before the map wipe. :p

I'd expect tweeks during the first week or two of the map till they get them to the proper prices.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
But surely this could be done before the map is up? None the less it would be good to know the current plans for the price of nuggets.

Yeah I'm sure the values will be played with before the start but they probably won't know what will be exactly right until they see the new system active and in use.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
But surely this could be done before the map is up? None the less it would be good to know the current plans for the price of nuggets.
As I said in my previous post we will likely modify drop rates as opposed to changing prices. Using this we can only take a calculated guess at what the starting rates will be but it will allow for changes without causing people to lose out on money they've already spent. We want the rate to be a little lower than what mining gold was since the amount of money earned purely from gold far outweighed the money earned from killing mobs. The rates will most likely be adjusted so that you earn a similar amount from each.

Earning money for townships is pretty easy at present so I don't feel a change in the pricing is necessary with the lowered drop rate.

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Will Warshard, Forgelight and Greyson all be reset?

Will both Warshard and Forgelight be retained?
There will likely be either Warshard or Forgelight but not both. Greyson will be there and of course all the maps will be reset otherwise people can just store their items on those maps for later retrieval defeating the point in wiping everything.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds like some good news here. I guess I will be back again for a while, although I will prolly just set up my own region instead of joining a town again since I tend to leave for months at a time.

Some of the changes to heroes sounds pretty interesting though, so I can't wait to play it for a bit and see the new town designs when I get around to it a few weeks in.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
As I said in my previous post we will likely modify drop rates as opposed to changing prices. Using this we can only take a calculated guess at what the starting rates will be but it will allow for changes without causing people to lose out on money they've already spent. We want the rate to be a little lower than what mining gold was since the amount of money earned purely from gold far outweighed the money earned from killing mobs. The rates will most likely be adjusted so that you earn a similar amount from each.

Earning money for townships is pretty easy at present so I don't feel a change in the pricing is necessary with the lowered drop rate.

unfortunately, it has always been difficult to find mobs to level with let alone to kill for money. so of course mining is going to give much more currency.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't hate something just because you aren't good at it.
I've never played, and I don't care to try it out. It's just annoying because of how heavily it detracts from our playerbase. We will be in the middle of a raid, and some of our derp teammates will say, "Gotta go play League of Gaylends - BYE."