• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT On Oct 4th, 7PM CST: Herocraft Reborn!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am looking forward to move diverse pve, hopefully a functional economy because it won't be based on gold and also i cant wait for whatever the pvp might become.
The "PVE" update is coming as Adventure map, it will be several months after this release.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo , are you planning on posting a new server map on the day of the map wipe?
Item-rewards won't easily transfer over. The store/donation perks will.

There won't be a view of the map until a few days until release. We're still building/creating. If we can't hit the Oct 1st deadline, I will send another email / note out pushing it to the weekend.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I got some questions too. >.>

^xargun
1. Baby/sub regions?

2. Will town rules be enforced more this map? (Make roofs illegal really)
"Roofs" are not illegal I don't know how many times we have to state this. As long as your roof is built to look good and isn't just you half arsedly covering the top of your town with a flat sheet of glass or something of the like it's fine.

Will there be new numbers for the coin costs of town upgrades on the new economy system?

Will the availability of coin (ie. Base Money in real world terms) and the flow of money (cash flow) be similar to how it is with the current economy system? If it is very different, it will affect how everything is priced.
If changes need to be made it would be better to adjust the drop rates as opposed to changing pricing.

That's fine - just planning my new town and seeing the map would help immensely. Oh well. We get the map when we get it. Very excited about the reset - honestly thinking of taking the 2nd off to play HC all day before my vacation.

Also, since this is my first map reset on HC will banned players be allowed back ? Just curious as I've heard before that if banned you are banned per map.
The terrain isn't generated until the map gets loaded onto live to save RAM while it's being hosted elsewhere.

Woo. But the OLYMPICS!
So much work down the drain.
Nothing is being lost we're going to make a copy of it and move it somewhere else.

Last edited:

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I guess I'll come back for 5.0, I was thinking about quitting since I lost all my wealth towards the end of this map, but that is kind of a mute point now.

I sincerely hope for everyone else's sake that griefing will not be acceptable and people's items will be protected from those who wish to destroy -not- steal, and that there is a clear distinction.

On that note, I do look forward to seeing some of these changes, so that I can have some fun starting over again. :)

ZenZiggy

Legacy Supporter 4
Quick question: Will the town region sizes & town requirements be the same as before?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
did xexo just say 'mute point' @STDs4YouAnd4Me

also xexo, quit being such a dork. you got griefed. it sucks, but its just fake internet wealth. if you get so bent out of shape over being rich, and having things in a video game, then you probably should quit, because it's going to happen again. also, you duped, so whatever
Anyone who doesn't know how to spell moot has it coming to them.

Seriously though, this isn't the first time this map that town members stole/griefed from you. I was told its happened to you in previous maps as well. At this point, instead of asking "why are people doing this to me?" you should be asking "what am I doing wrong for people to be doing this to me?"

Don't make me take out the list.