• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT On Oct 4th, 7PM CST: Herocraft Reborn!

Northac

Obsidian
Son of a %$Y&^$#@$@#^&&**!!!! i was working on my tower. well, i guess itll work out I will rebuild!!. the new stuff sounds cool though, new classes and stuff, and maybe we will get some new people to play as well

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just have one concern about the date... what about 1.7 and all those new biomes / map gen changes? @Kainzo
we will be expanding the map to accomodate the change, the initial size will be smaller/regular than the expansion will be massive. So it wont require a complete restart for 1.7, etc.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Currency
The gold standard has fallen off as the main source of currency for the realm of Herocraft. You will need to hunt, trade, vote, and do other tasks to obtain the money needed to purchase your next class, chest protection, region or township.

How will the money pool start? What other source of funds will there be initially other than selling the special nuggets (sourced only from some mobs) to the DHX? Won't be able to make money from trading if players don't have coin to trade with ...

Erm, what's this reference to "do other tasks"?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How will the money pool start? What other source of funds will there be initially other than selling the special nuggets (sourced only from some mobs) to the DHX? Won't be able to make money from trading if players don't have coin to trade with ...

Erm, what's this reference to "do other tasks"?
Mining ores will yield a chance to drop nuggets as well as killing mobs. The rate at which "currency" comes in will be less but hopefully in different ways. So you'll wanna mine coal/redstone/emeralds, etc to get a chance the precious metal.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Mining ores will yield a chance to drop nuggets as well as killing mobs. The rate at which "currency" comes in will be less but hopefully in different ways. So you'll wanna mine coal/redstone/emeralds, etc to get a chance the precious metal.

It sounds as though the money pool might build much more slowly than on the current map, so does the cost of various permissions need to be reviewed? Such as:
  • town establishment costs
  • town taxes
  • residence costs and rental?
The race to set up towns is a big part of the initial excitement with a new map, and this could get frustrating for the player community if the new currency system delays the chance to establish towns and/or puts town taxes out of reach.

That is, assuming there are no plans to make major changes to the way we set up towns and kingdoms etc - or are there?

Alternatively...

Might it be possible to start all players with some coin so that trading becomes an early option?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Just realized I'll be a few hours late, got an appointment when the server starts, but as soon as I can I'll be round to keep the peace and help out with tour and anything else I can!
I can't wait 8)

Beastmannn

Soulsand
Perfect timing, during school holidays which just started.

Emcee Beast speaking, be ready for what I have to come.

macura

Diamond
I am looking forward to move diverse pve, hopefully a functional economy because it won't be based on gold and also i cant wait for whatever the pvp might become.