• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Nova: An MOB Member City

ZELLIS

Banned
[size=large]City Info:
[/size]
City Name: Nova
Town Size: City
Position: approx. X=1000, Z=30 (South from /spawn)
Total Citizens: I don't know (see roster in next post)
Current Mayor: ZELLIS
Current 2nd in Command: TBD
Other Town Leaders: MatTripp
(Can issue lots and deal with other miscellaneous town issues when the mayor and SIC are not online or are busy)
Town Banker: ZELLIS
Town Architect: Allusa
(Has executive powers when it comes to the designing and construction of Nova's public buildings - Nova was his vision, only right to let him make it come to fruition)
Official City Colors: in flux

[size=medium]O

[size=large]City Laws:
[/size]* All standard server rules apply. Read them at Sanctum (/spawn)
* You will not grief, steal from, or attack another member of Nova.
* Nova will be the Capital of the Kingdom and is subject to its rule.
* All MOB Rules Apply.
* New Citizens will not be added to the Active Roster until they have replied to this thread, or talked to ZELLIS ingame.

[size=medium]Current Pacts:
[/size]* LOL

I will be creating a new Nova signature soon.

[size=x-large]Citizen List; Total 11
[/size]To Declare Citizenship (if not already on the roster), reply to this thread, or talk to ZELLIS ingame.
Nova Citizens Roster ( Total 11)

Only citizens listed on the citizen Mod List officially count, so it is important that you use the command /citizen join Nova in game as soon as possible.

Legend of Positions

B - Banker or Bank Teller. (the only people who should be buying gold for Nova)
D - Donor (gave substantial amount of coin to city to buy its rings)
E - Official Nova Envoy/Diplomat (can discuss treaties and policy w/others).
G - Guard (keeps town free of mobs and assholes)
M - Mayor, Acting Mayor, Lt. Mayor. (final word on anything City-related)
O - Project Managers (See them if you want something big done)
R - Reliable Worker (proven themselves on numerous jobs for the City)
T - Nova Officer (final word on anything Kingdom related)
H- Honorary/VIP (This person does NOT count as a citizen unless they become active again, they've been of great service to Nova so we keep them anyway)

[size=medium]Citizen List: (to the extent of my knowledge)
[/size]Known Active Citizens of Nova
ZELLIS (Mayor, B )
MatTripp
ninjatails
Vigilante212
Allusa
Em3rgency
MrLeeroy
ZeTify
Prydde
Encoded2
Slaya2211
Necrosagex

[size=medium]Honors:Z
[/size]TheTxLibra (Founder, Former Lead Architect, MIA)
MyutLonghorns (First Mayor)
AussieDingat (Second Mayor 12/30-1/19, credited with the Creation of TOP(in game))

Old citizen list. I need to find a bunch of the people on this.
Code:
Citizens on the Citizen Mod List (38)

-Afro7897
atvrider312
AussieDingbat (D, H)
Ayepealad (D)
-Allusa
*Beyondvalor
bjweihe
codemasterC
Damdo (D)
dampit07
Desaabu
Droowid (D, R, O:Head Wizard)
Evrim
FallenPhoenix
ggozdur ®
icecruiser
ir3miX
Mattomattic
*MatTripp (B, D)
MrJuicyBox
neohaven
*Ninjatails ®
NotThatStrange
PasieGamerGuy
Phalynx
B Piedo_Bear
Purutzil ®
Razorblack
rudders93 ®
suuungkim (D, E)
twag
*Vigilante212 (D)
vrillusions
B Weynard (D, H)
*Xyster1
yves97
*Zellis (D, B)
AGWizard
ChefDeluxe
crypto1324
Didgeridoo
Imdabestbrit
Ishkah
Jesse3333 (R,)
KamiCosmic ®
Myutlonghorns (H)
Nater_Tater
Nice_Pyro
Ninjanomnom
Obinsonray
raf66r
Rykleos
Sgongo
ShadowValk
streetplayer100
TheTXLibra (D, Lead Architect, T:Founder, H)
Vgahayden
-wolfgang784 (L,D)

[size=large][size=medium]The Jerk List (0 Total)
[/size][/size]
This list has been restarted due to there not being any Nova citizens to be killed by jerks. Any active people that were formerly on this list have been forgiven.

[size=medium]Enemies of the State (0)
[/size](If someone appears on this list, they are to be executed on sight, unless inside a Town or another No-PVP area. If they are ever found inside a Nova town or territory, immediatley ask them to leave, and if they don't, ask the highest Nova official online at that time to intervene)

Further discussion regarding Nova, as a city, should be posted in this thread.
Go here for discussion regarding Nova, as a whole:

[size=large]Nova Announcements:
[/size]1/29: My term started today, I'm beginning to track down people that have houses built in Nova, they will be given a grace period, but it won't be a long one. (>1 week) I'm looking for an architect for the City and also am looking for a SiC. I'm also slowly working my way up to the 7.5k mark by myself, through banking and excessive mining.

Older Announcements:
Code:
New: (Updated 19/01/2011) 
I've done a straight copy paste of the threads from the old forum.

I apologise for not being on the last couple of days, I've been busy with real life stuff. On another note, I'm sad to say goodbye to our longtime Banker Zellis, who has decided to go his own way, I wish him luck with his new in game endeavours. 

Old: 

(Updated 09/01/2011)
Nova has now officially upgraded to, and become the first, city on the server. 

I will be rewritting the OPs for both this thread and the TOP one later today, stay tuned for more info.

(Updated 01/01/2011) 
Election Results for Mayor of Nova 
The ballots have been tallied up. Please welcome your new Mayor, AussieDingbat, and Lt. Mayor Weynard. (Yes, I'm aware Myutlonghorns came back. What to do about this is their decision now, not mine. Oz and Wey are officially in charge as of this moment.)

* Congratulations to Weynard and AlexDaParrot on taking 2nd in the rail station competition 
* Soundmaniac is banned from entering any [TOP] City, especially Nova, until such time as each one of them comes onto the thread and publicly apologizes for their actions. FuckingSoup98 and Jakeman have already apologized in-thread.
* Town Hall currently in planning stage, see post on Page 2 for materials needed.
* Current building priority for Nova is the Ring-Wall, then roading and securing the interior perimeter of it so we can lay down additional plots.
* Cloaking device is now active. Do NOT share the recipe if you figure it out.

ZELLIS

Banned
RE: The City of Nova

Alright, i currently have the coin for a capital :D Objective #1 as of now is to recruit citizens! Anyone that logs in is eligible to join Nova! JOIN NOW! Other than that I need to figure out why artemis hates me :/

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8

Hey sorry i havent been on i cant figure out what the hell is wrong with my minecraft it wont work at all even when i reinstall.... Ill keep trying and be on as soon as i am able. Hope everything is going well.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3

zellis lol we dont hate you try giving free cake to new citizends its been working really well for me when i recruit

ZELLIS

Banned

Updating time! Gathering my 10 citizens ATM, rebuilding a bunch of plots, filling them with dirt etc, we're nearly a town! I'm also reworking the city flag, colors and center. Allusa, a former member has rejoined and is the new architect, so he'll be helping with the town hall and center. SiC is TBD at this point. Change is coming to Nova!

ZELLIS

Banned

I'm going to be afk for a few days, computer issues. I leave Allusa in charge of Nova and b4en as the SiC.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7

I'm happy that Nova is coming back to life. I really am. Hopefully I can do something to help as a fellow TOP member.

I understand about the flag being reworked, I'll check up later when the flag design is designated to change ours accordingly. It would help as to know what type of materials will be used (gold iron etc.) so that we don't sell our gold and have no flag :p

Is TOP council still active? i mean are we all still united under TOP etc?

ZELLIS

Banned
Annnd now we're part of MOB. Read my post in diplomacy for a full discussion of the situation.

impulsepaci

Legacy Supporter 6
The Laws and Policies of TOP:
* All standard server rules apply. Read them at Sanctum (/spawn)
* You will not grief, steal from, or attack another member of [TOP].
* Though each city operates its own independent government, all TOP Member Cities will be subject to the flag, rules, and policies of The Omniscience Project [TOP].
* New Member Cities, and would-be Member Cities must have their Mayor post their allegiance in this thread. Only his or her reply is necessary for a Member City to be considered on the roster.
* Mayors of member cities should be active and update their rosters regularly, so that this thread can remain updated.
* If a settlement does not have its rings but wishes to be a part of TOP it can be. However, if another Branch City of TOP has the necessary members and coins necessary to buy a ring, they may do so, even if it overlaps an existing unringed settlement, the mayor of the New Branch assumes control of that settlement, and the fate of it is up to the Branch Mayor. However, it is the policy of TOP to recommend peaceful integration of settlements rather than forced demolition, unless the place is an eyesore or a ghost town.
* In the event of a Mayor going AWOL from a City, TOP reserves the right to place a TEMPORARY Mayor in power for that Member City until such time as fair elections can be held to determine the new permanent Mayor. This temporary mayor may or may not be the second-in-charge of that city, depending on the situation. It is not TOP's desire to individually run each city, only to ensure each member city is adequately governed.
* Every TOP citizen must have a place of residence in Nova, the nation’s capital city.
[Note: This law is not yet enacted, due to the ongoing construction of Nova and zoning of lots, when the time comes for this law to be enacted, all TOP citizens will be given a reasonable amount of time to acquire a residence.]
*Please only sell your gold to a TOP Bank (A bank of one of our Member Cities), this will help the kingdom as a whole, however, this is not a Law, and will not be enforced just encouraged.

and you are now releved of youre position of mayor since you are not top president only mayor of nova i as a head top council releve you from youre position

ZELLIS

Banned
Ohhh no no no no no. Elections were supposed to be held two days ago. As no one ran against me, I'm the Permanent mayor of Nova. I've consulted admin approval and they will back me on this. And since when do you have the authority to relieve me of my position? I believe the president, Excuse me, former president, runs the council and I don't recall appointing you the head of it. I've looked at our laws and the servers laws, I'm in no violation of any rules. By renouncing TOP I also forfeit any power that your council may have had over the fate of Nova.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Yawn, just let him go impulse. He can play his little games with the Pkers. We are making a new road this Saturday I guess as well.

ZELLIS

Banned
No just pointing out how much preparation has gone into this. Almost.... 3 days.lol

Enjoy your new road, and remember, PvP has to be enabled up to your border and that the road can't be within 100 blocks of any township besides your own. Also duely noted were your quick, seemingly nonchalant replies, I appreciate your concern for my cities welfare

impulsepaci

Legacy Supporter 6
hmmmmm well ill see youre failing town and raise you all of tops gold inculdeing all the iorn from aussies house beacuse aussie would be so pissed right now and it should go to top so all top gold/iorn goes to top

ZELLIS

Banned
For the love of god, please use punctuation! I don't even know how to begin dissecting the logic there. You can't have the iron and gold from our flags, as it is mine or was bought from a teller by me. You can have the large road flag ON THE CONDITION that you keep TOP together, otherwise, that too is technically just my gold and iron not a flag. The flag that's by Apher's Castle that points towards Nova is also mine, same reason as the ones in Nova. The iron from Aussie's house is being held by me because I thought protections were going down. Obviously they didn't, but I can't replace it because of the regions. On the 10th of February, that also becomes the property of Nova.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
The Laws and Policies of TOP:

* In the event of a Mayor going AWOL from a City, TOP reserves the right to place a TEMPORARY Mayor in power for that Member City until such time as fair elections can be held to determine the new permanent Mayor. This temporary mayor may or may not be the second-in-charge of that city, depending on the situation. It is not TOP's desire to individually run each city, only to ensure each member city is adequately governed.

I think a mayor leaving TOP and joining an evil town is quite AWOL.

Presidency and the Council of TOP:

The Council of TOP is made up of the Mayors and Second in Commands of each TOP city, other TOP officials, previous Presidents and Vice Presidents, as well as Thetxlibra, who founded TOP and thus has a lifetime seat on the Council. The council will meet every now and then, to discuss what direction TOP should go in, as well as review Member City applications, trade and diplomatic relations with independent towns and other groups and kingdoms, and, in severe circumstances, declare war on another town or group.

The Second in Command (Impulse) and Myself, mayor, are both part of the Council, as clearly stated.

Presidents, and Vice Presidents, are elected for a term, being two weeks. At the end of these two weeks, an election is held to determine the next President and Vice President. A President can hold the office for two consecutive terms, but afterwards must wait at least one term before being able to run for the office again.

A vice president was never chosen, thus invalidating the election.

As far as game mechaniacs are concerned, the President is the Mayor of Nova, and the Vice President is the SIC. This is due to the fact that the "King" (Leader of the Kingdom, in this case it will be the leader of the TOP kingdom) is the mayor of the Kingdom's Capital (Nova).

Because the President of TOP is the Mayor of Nova, your resignation from the TOP automatically invalidates your Mayor status, as it clearly states they are one in the same.

The voting process will utilise the in game 'mail' system, with the candidates agreeing on a person who will count the votes. Then TOP citizens will have a 48 hour window in which to /sendmail to this person, regarding which candidate they will vote for. Voting is not compulsory, but is encouraged if you want to have a say in the future of TOP.

Due to the voting being done on the forums, this invalidates the election because you recieved 0/0 votes, which can not be a calculated percentage and is thus can not be verified to be over 50% to instigate a majority. A vote counter was also never established.

On a side note, being so greedy over a few gold is quite pathetic. I am glad this server doesn't have that many people like you, because you remind me of someone my exact same age who doesn't think about other people, because they have been trained their entire life to be self-centered. To each their own, however.

ZELLIS

Banned
I invalidate anynpoint that relates to AWOL with Nova is no longer under the influence of TOP. In relation to the election, i didn't run wih an SiC because all of Nova's citizens were in Artemis with you. I rejoined Nova before I even decided to run. There was no formal election because no one has challenged my ruling until now. Coincidence? Anyway, TOP rules no longer apply to Nova and TOP rules also aren't server standards and shouldn't be respected as such by staff. What I've done is completely legal under the rules of the server.

In response to your side note:
First of all, minecraft is not the place that I'd go to make judgements about people. Nothing in my upbringing has ever suggested to me that I'm more important or more worthy than others. Maybe you didn't understand, but the flag with 36gold and 4 stacks of iron is Artemis'. The flag that points to Nova is mine because A. I need to update the flag and B. We do need some of that gold/ iron to build our new town center.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
ZELLIS said:
I invalidate anynpoint that relates to AWOL with Nova is no longer under the influence of TOP. In relation to the election, i didn't run wih an SiC because all of Nova's citizens were in Artemis with you. I rejoined Nova before I even decided to run. There was no formal election because no one has challenged my ruling until now. Coincidence? Anyway, TOP rules no longer apply to Nova and TOP rules also aren't server standards and shouldn't be respected as such by staff. What I've done is completely legal under the rules of the server.

In response to your side note:
First of all, minecraft is not the place that I'd go to make judgements about people. Nothing in my upbringing has ever suggested to me that I'm more important or more worthy than others. Maybe you didn't understand, but the flag with 36gold and 4 stacks of iron is Artemis'. The flag that points to Nova is mine because A. I need to update the flag and B. We do need some of that gold/ iron to build our new town center.

You are a chronic deceiver and an outright hyprocrit (In the form of critiquing impulse's punctuation, when you make rampant mistakes throughout your post that could write a grammar "What Not to Do" textbook. I will let the admins have the final say, as you will continue to interpret it as you see it and as I will I. I see the move as amusingly immature, but I guess some humans don't like pushing themselves and instead turn to the easy route whenever they feel the need to.

On a different side note, good riddance to you.

ZELLIS

Banned
On yet another side note, this discussion, this battle of rhetoric, isn't bad for 1AM on an iPhone, just saying.