• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninjas & thieves with despair?

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninjas and Thieves with Despair?

In my honest opinion Ninjas and Thiefs would be better with despair.

Reasons why?

[Ninja]

1. Ninjas are made to be invisible and quick, despair would fit ninja because it would help the ninja to be more invisible and able to escape targets more efficiently.

[Thief]

2. Thieves are supposed to be Dangerous Thieves Of Herocraft, With despair this would make Thieves better thieves because when blinding a target with despair they can efficiently PickPocket or use Thievery on the enemy and able to escape after commencing the robbery,

Post your opinion down below on what you think about Ninjas and Thieves having despair? ;D.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Perhaps give it to "Assassins" or whatever the Legendary Rogue class will be - Perhaps a smoke bomb, casting despair on surrounding opponents and smoke on the caster?

Staven88

TNT
I really like this idea Glent but one think I would want to look into is making sure this move isn't to OP I don't want to just totally flip the tides. I want to balance it! XD

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I just think it's a cool idea for fitting this ability in. The despair duration could be lower than a necromancer's despair which is rather long, though.

Staven88

TNT
Yea it will need to be given some consideration but I like it. lol I'm just afraid it'll be way too strong lol

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
1. Ninjas already have smoke.

2. Despair is more of a genuine Necromancer skill - they use dark undead powers against a target.

3. Thief already has its Initial damage to cover debuffs like that.

Moral of my post - Despair is a NO NO for these classes.

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Smoke has a 200-300 second cooldown.

2. Maybe create a skill like despair but with a 30-40 second cooldown and lasts shorter then the original despair?

Despair (To me) is the necromancer using dark magic in order to wrap darkness around the eye sockets of his/her opponents.

I don't think ninjas can do that. THIEVES on the other hand don't really have any sort of escape/initiative move. (Besides confuse) Just for that I think thieves should get something like despair.

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninjas are supposed to be a type of an Assassin/Stealthy type of class right?.. and only resort to open fighting if they have to, soo.. maybe reintroduce Backstab for a ninja or give them a type of Smoke Bomb? that could make them more of an 'assassin - stealthy' type of class, maybe..

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I still think this idea would be suitable for the legendary assassin class, but too strong for either thief or ninja.

Perhaps give it to "Assassins" or whatever the Legendary Rogue class will be - Perhaps a smoke bomb, casting despair on surrounding opponents and smoke on the caster?

Staven88

TNT
I like Glent idea but I'm afraid it's going to be a high level skill and therefore almost unattainable. Overall thieves and ninjas need some kind of stealth ability in my opinion, but not to strong.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Neither thieves nor ninjas warrant any skill like despair. For a ranged class that relies heavily on cooldown, the Necro uses despair to get to a better spot. Ninjas and thieves are purely melee classes, and using despair just allows them to kill their enemy without much resistance. Ninjas have smokebomb. They're the only class that can pop invisi. Thieves, I feel, should be more of a utility class, as they are by nature. You wouldn't hire a thief to assassinate the emporer, you'd hire a ninja. I thought the thief stealing skill was a step in the right direction. Adding despair to either class would be a terrible idea.

Neither thieves nor ninjas warrant any skill like despair. For a ranged class that relies heavily on cooldown, the Necro uses despair to get to a better spot. Ninjas and thieves are purely melee classes, and using despair just allows them to kill their enemy without much resistance. Ninjas have smokebomb. They're the only class that can pop invisi. Thieves, I feel, should be more of a utility class, as they are by nature. You wouldn't hire a thief to assassinate the emporer, you'd hire a ninja. I thought the thief stealing skill was a step in the right direction. Adding despair to either class would be a terrible idea.

Actually. Aetosion has a very valid point here. There is nothing more annoying than seeing a class do something far from their classes role and then succeed. A good example would be a cleric turning into a tank and destroying everything in sight.

However, my opinion still stands for giving the thief a good escape move. Whether that be despair or not.

Staven88

TNT
Aetosion and Mellowbeatz you guys are thinking narrowly minded. We are not saying drag and drop despair onto those classes. We are saying take a skill, similar to despair (aka some kind of smoke/confusion) and give it to ninja/thief. You guys make a valid point, but I don't think you guys are understanding what me mean. We just want ONE escape or catch-up-to move. It doesn't have to be despair. Hell, I think despair is really strong and would be really op for ninja/thief. I would move prefer a slow move or something.

Aetosion and Mellowbeatz you guys are thinking narrowly minded. We are not saying drag and drop despair onto those classes. We are saying take a skill, similar to despair (aka some kind of smoke/confusion) and give it to ninja/thief. You guys make a valid point, but I don't think you guys are understanding what me mean. We just want ONE escape or catch-up-to move. It doesn't have to be despair. Hell, I think despair is really strong and would be really op for ninja/thief. I would move prefer a slow move or something.
However, my opinion still stands for giving the thief a good escape move. Whether that be despair or not.

Staven88

TNT
@Mellowbeatz I'm not quoting you on that simply on how you were saying you don't like classes doing something they shouldn't. But my "speech" was mostly directed to Aetosion. I just wanted to add you to clear things up with you too.

Aetosion

Obsidian
If you're not interested in something similar to the despair mechanic, don't use it as an example. Elaborate on what you actually want the skill to be, not just saying "something to get away". You've got escape artist, and you've got the ability to sprint.

Staven88

TNT
Lol really? So thieves/ninjas have a move that doesn't work? Yea... escape artist doesn't do anything last time I checked. And really sprinting? Dude if you haven't noticed EVERYONE has it, so it doesn't count at all. Have you ever played rogues? And the funniest thing is I never once in this forum used despair as an example. If you haven't noticed I've just been wanted to make sure that this idea isn't to OP. And thanks for the Dumb mark I returned the favor.

Staven88

TNT
Furthermore, I'm just building on what The_Player_189 said. I don't mind what the skill is I just think it should be looked into when Programmers get the chance.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I rereturned the favour.

Rogues have EscapeArtist, Ninjas and Theives are Rogues. Try sprinting and jumping, there's skill to it. You can outrun someone running just as fast as you by traversing the terrain with more dexterity.