• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninja

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Onto the rogues! I think an obvious place to start is ninja, which I feel deserves a rework.

To start, garrote just needs to be replaced, nobody uses it, and it adds to materials to bring. I'm also against ninja having grappling hook and its massive bow damage.

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP] discuss ideas please.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If we are planning to do a rework I am always going to be leaning towards my rework idea. But mainly these things are what needs to happen:
  • Long duration or toggle invisivble
  • Remove: Garrote, bow & arrow, grapplinghook
  • New skill/mechanic to give it a better 'use' compared to what it does currently

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Completely agree with True, toggle invisible and remove garrote.

Also, the backstab mechanic doesnt work if u dont have any kind of stun, id suggest to change the damage to 3.0 per agility, with or without sneaking. (actual 2.25 without / 4.5 sneaking)

If bow and arrow + grapplinghook gets removed, i think some kind of small jump with maybe a 12s CD. It would allow ninjas to get the back of other mele classes.

Dont know what to do to improve the invisibility, maybe increase the smoke duration, the speed during it, be able to move with slow III during fade,... dont know what would be the better idea.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Completely agree with True, toggle invisible and remove garrote.

Also, the backstab mechanic doesnt work if u dont have any kind of stun, id suggest to change the damage to 3.0 per agility, with or without sneaking. (actual 2.25 without / 4.5 sneaking)

If bow and arrow + grapplinghook gets removed, i think some kind of small jump with maybe a 12s CD. It would allow ninjas to get the back of other mele classes.

Dont know what to do to improve the invisibility, maybe increase the smoke duration, the speed during it, be able to move with slow III during fade,... dont know what would be the better idea.
In my opinion Backstab is fine. When you hit someone from behind you do plenty of damage. The main problem is that Ninja does not really have anything to get a few reliable backstabs off.

Even if we do remove GrapplingHook and Bow/Arrows I do not think Ninja should get another mobility skill. If backflip is used properly it is just as effective compared to jump.

For toggling invisibility we could make it so Fade gives you slow II or III and the invis will drain your mana X amount every second.

As for getting more backstabs off I think the best route will be to give Ninja a root (make it difficult to use--maybe a skill shot with shurkiens)

I'm also going to leave this link here. http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/my-take-on-a-ninja-rework.54327/ those are all my thoughts/ideas on a Ninja rework.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What I suggest replaces backstab:
  • Attack of Opportunity (Name WIP)
    • Any attack in stealth/sneaking deal bonus piercing damage
Envenom Rework
  • Turn it back into a DOT with added Nausea.
Possible skill:
  • Dodge (Sorry bad with names)
    • Toggle skill that prevents physical damage taken
    • Costs mana to keep up
    • Can't use any skills during it and attacking breaks the skill
I'll think of more things later.

Last edited: