• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New War Rules

I believe we should really draw an incentive for our towns to go to war by making going to war seem like something worth fighting for in order to gain coins and reputation.

I think that if every town were to create a centerpiece (and have it uncuboided during times of war) made out of a block of their choosing (but still be obvious that its the center piece) and have that as the prize for a town they are warring with.

Rules that go a long with a centerpiece should be
1) Automatic surrender of the losing town
2) Attacks on a town should be announced so the other town may prepare its needed defenses.
3) Winning towns should gain 100-1000c of the Losing town's treasury (depending on the losing town's size and treasury)
4) Winning towns should gain 1+ war reputation (Or more depending on how much bigger the losing town is to its own size)
5) Losing towns should pay the winning town War Reparations
6) Attacks must include a majority of the town's citizens
7) The reason for announced attack is to prepare both sides for an official battle that will allow both sides to organize it members to be online and implement some sort of strategy.
8) A server-wide alert should be made when a town successfully destroys the center piece of the defending town. (It should be the same as the alert that describes how someone dies.)
9) At the end of an official war there should be a peace period (One week or less, depending on damaged work) for when both towns may go to war again.
10) Attacks should not be mindless destruction and should have a reasonable strategy in siege to get to the center-piece.
11) Espionage to find the center-piece is allowed during preparation of an official battle however, if said spy is caught he may be killed.

Edit: Added 6 rules, #7 is more of a reason.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't mean to hijack your thread but a reversed CTF mode would be mindblowingly fun in town vs. town.

Basically, both towns would get a "flag" for this event (could be represented by a sponge), placed deep inside the settlements' heart. The citizens from town A would pick up their flag and try to carry it into the center of town B and plant it where their flag is/was. Obviously, the citizens from town B would try to do the same.

Both teams have to be both offensive (to carry and force their flag inside the enemy town) and defensive (to hinder and prevent the other team from doing the same to their city) so teamwork or being clever would help a lot. And so would well placed archers on the walls.

The person carrying the enemy's flag cannot attack or cast spells and his inventory gets wiped while he has the sponge. Also, he shouldn't be able to crouch to hide and his name needs to be distinguished. Team colors would help as well (red and blue for the two warring factions, with more vivid colors for flag carriers).

The winner gets a kiss from Aph, followed by a perm ban from Kainzo. Or maybe coins? Hmm...

My idea was subject to change since I wrote it while I was groggy xD

But I never thought of a reverse CTF idea.. hmm.

I think a war should be set in stages lasting a few days or having a time limit for which a result must be decided. I.E.
Stage 1: (The town that declared war) Town A has 3 hours for their attack on (Defending)Town B.
Stage 2a: Town B may choose to counter attack and have 3 hours to attack Town A.
Stage 2b: Town B may decide not to counter attack forcing both sides to negotiate.

While negotiating both towns must come to a decision at the end of the day on whether to continue the war, decide a ceasefire, or declare peace. However, the next day if a decision was not made Town A should be allowed to make their attack again.

Rather than use a sponge... why not actually create your town's emblem out of the actual blocks? I really like that idea Ilsyde

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
This seems like an amazing idea and would add loads of fun to the whole town aspect. It would require a couple mods/admins on to referee though, like to take down the realms/cuboids themselves to be sure they are temp down and stay down, and to be sure individuals don't try to cuboid the center piece and stuff.

But if a couple mods can watch to be sure all is fair, this seems like an awesome idea, as well as the reverse CTF part mixed in.

Also seems easily do-able if it's approved. Shouldn't be too hard to make a single special made block be trackable / send a message when destroyed. Could just be lightstone? That already sends a message to admins/mods I think, and is easily broken by hand so picks dont need to be brought.

Well there is no real way to have a fair war.

The true powers will win. But with this method it gives towns a sense of actually winning a war rather than just raiding the enemy village a few times then having to negotiate a peace.

This will also force towns to fully prepare themselves for a war in the future.

This weeds out the weenies and exploits who the true power towns are.

Sloqum

Air
Your making this into a game, I think you should should be able to make it an unannoucned attack, but also if you want make an organized one. Make it more realisitic and not like a (capture the flag game like said before). I can add on ideas if you want.

Sloqum said:
Your making this into a game, I think you should should be able to make it an unannoucned attack, but also if you want make an organized one. Make it more realisitic and not like a (capture the flag game like said before). I can add on ideas if you want.

Yea.... Ideas would be helpful. I'm interested to see what you're thinking.

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it would be cool if every town had to have a chest in there town with all there current cold. When you go to war with someone you have to unlock, and guard your chest from the other towns invading players. Give each town something to attack and defend.

Kaliven

Gold
Tommeh said:
I think it would be cool if every town had to have a chest in there town with all there current cold. When you go to war with someone you have to unlock, and guard your chest from the other towns invading players. Give each town something to attack and defend.

That becomes hard, because do you have to uncuboid? otherside you can surround it in a lake of lava, furthermore, the next problem is if you unlock it, and had an unrestricted path to it, then you'd also have to turn pvp on to stop them, suddenly, the entire world griefs you, not just who you are at war at.

its gotta be a careful consideration.