• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Team: Heroes Balance & Testing Team (HBTT)

LordSeven

Legacy Supporter 7
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? 2/14/12
  • Age at the time of this application. 28
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? I want every class to be my favorite class. I think every class should have something to offer that makes the experience unique.
  • How often can you test on the test server? Willing to commit myself to this project. I have been known to work 100+ hour weeks on projects I dedicate myself to.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I have been doing this my whole life. Gaming has touched my life from the age of 2. I have played countless MMOs including many of the ones that have shaped Herocraft. I have worked as a consultant for Kabal Gaming Systems and have play balanced multiple published games. I would say the thing that makes me most qualified for this position is that I have worked months straight on the Herocraft plugin, specifically with coding skills and balancing classes for my own server. It has always been my dream to be a Dev / Balancer for an MMO and this position would be a dream job for me. I'm sure that with my help we could noticeably increase the active users of the game. My goal would be to let every class feel as though they are OP. I want every class to feel special and have something that makes them unique and different from the others, while still maintaining balance between them. Balancing classes in a game is like balancing a tray of water. It is a very difficult undertaking. I bring a lot to the table, including all of the experience and all of the work I did on this game from last year. During the months I worked on my Herocraft project, I deliberately avoided looking at any of the concepts that the official HC was using to avoid stealing ides. I find it very interesting how many of the concepts I had for classes, are in use currently found in HC. Just recently I heard Kainzo mention that he had an idea for a class that would gain the ability to use skills from the damage they took. I was actually working on this same thing last year. I think my mind is very much going towards the same goals and conceptual structure as the current paradigm. I feel right now that HeroCraft is a raw stone, and with just a bit of polish, will outshine all. I would also like to put in here that I would make a horrible moderator. I am not really a "people person." I am only interested in balancing, developing, and testing.
  • Additional Info: I would really appreciate it, if whoever is looking over this application could lend me about 15 minutes of their time. We could both hop on TeamSpeak and I could share all of the work I have done on HeroCraft. It's months and months of my time, and even if I am not accepted, perhaps this work could be put to good use.

Ling_Ling_

Dirt
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Last week.
Age at the time of this application. 21
Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Caster, wizard
How often can you test on the test server?1-2 hours a night
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? The thing that sets me apart is my dedication and interest in the advancement of this specific plugin. Since I began playing minecraft in early alpha, I have been watching minecraft grow. I have been searching for a plugin like this for a long time. It would mean alot to me to be a part if this momentus occasion. Another thing that sets me apart is my adaptability. I get what needs to get done, done. I am a respectful player and even though I may have less experience than others on this server, I Believe that this will allow me to demonstrate the unbiased attributes you are looking for. I am great at alot of things and am a great leader. You might say I'm the man with a plan. The final thing that sets me apart from the other applicants is that I know my limits. I will not ever claim to be the best at something although I will do what it takes to try to make that true. I also have experience as a developer and I regularely work with plugins. Although I'm still learning, I do have expierience in this field. Reason you should be accepted: I love to experiment with new and Unique styles of playing, I am reliable, trustworthy and can rise to meet a challenge. I'm not going to claim to be the best at anything, but I try my hardest and I have even had a little experience as an admin and a dev.
I would really like to play on this server and would love to test out the hero plugin if it is still in beta like I heard. I am a respectful player. I have been playing minecraft since alpha so I know quite a bit about the game. I am very capable and will accept and exceed any challenge. Overall, I honestly believe that accepting me into the beta team would be beneficial to the advancement of this server. Thank you.

Additional Info:I have seen alot of rpg plugins but this is the best I've ever seen. I would be very excited to have the privilege to help test it. I have tons of creative Ideas if needed and I'm excited to share them.

P.S. I feel like I worded what sets me apart better in my application so feel free to check it out if you are slightly confused by the above sentences.

Ling_Ling_

Dirt
I mean that I was whitelisted a day ago on my current character, I used to have a diff, account on here but it was hacked and a ton of weird stuff happened and money was being stolen off my credit card so mojang erased all traces of my character from minecraft and gave me this new account. My old account was pkslayer123

Ling_Ling_

Dirt
What do you mean by 'I was whitelisted a day ago on this character'?
Ling_Ling_
Dirt
New
I mean that I was whitelisted a day ago on my current character, I used to have a diff, account on here but it was hacked and a ton of weird stuff happened and money was being stolen off my credit card so mojang erased all traces of my character from minecraft and gave me this new account. My old account was pkslayer123
Ling_Ling_, A moment ago EditReport#29Reply

Aetosion

Obsidian
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
August of 2011 

​
Age at the time of this application.
​

Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
Ranger, probably. Never actually played it, but it seems like an amazing hybrid with a plethora of possibilities in combat. I could never tolerate leveling a Rogue, what with the need for close range combat and the lack of armour, and always prefered a caster or warrior for their ease in leveling. Ranger, however, is a great hybrid of everything​

How often can you test on the test server?
Multiple hours a day, every day, barring medical issues. :3

​
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
I absolutely adore the heroes plugin, and I always love to see new skills. I'm very interested in keeping skills balanced, and have a good eye for what could be tweaked. The world of MMOs is no stranger to me, and I've played the genre for what's pulling up on a decade (addicted to Runescape from childhood, then Wow, then DoTA (and LoL and HoN), and finally Herocraft).

My dream since joining Herocraft last year, has always been to work on the classes and new mechanics. Sadly, I lack the proper coding skills to apply to the plugin development team, so I've always settled for thinking about what could be changed and debating the points in my head. I love chatting and watching discussion in /ch op, the system presented with the Heroes plugin is fascinating, and I've always wanted to work on balancing the classes along with new skills and facets of the Multiverse. I'm a very spontaneous and ingenuitive person, and I can think up fixes for problems with great celerity. I'm very well versed in the skills and stats of each class, because I enjoy reading the wiki pages over and over.​
I can bring a new viewpoint to the team, and if given the honour of having this position, can remove myself from any bias regarding whatever class I may be playing at the time. I've played a couple different paths since I joined, and I really have no attachment to my class, but I love seeing awesome new skills being implemented for other classes, even if it means adjusting my style of play to compensate for different opponents. I enjoy the combat mechanics, and have a good feel for what is and isn't balanced. Whether a shortfalling or benefit to the job, I'm not guarded about giving objective and constructive critique, which I feel could be a great asset to the team.

​
Additional Info:
Here's my old membership application if you need to know anything else about me.​
I've really got a passion for this kind of stuff, I find it fascinating. I would really love being a part of the team, and being able to contribute more to the community.​

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Dielan9999

Whitelist Date: 3/4/11

Favorite Path/Spec: Caster/Necromancer however I also like Dragoon, Bloodmage, and Thief

Test server availability: I could commit many hours a week if needed. I've lessened my commitments in game for this map so I'm in a relaxed position to contribute more to the server as a Guide and whatever else this server demands of me :)

What would set me apart from others: I have a very good grasp of the concepts behind Heroes, I wrote the (now outdated) Heroes Guide on Domitius' A Beginner Guide to Herocraft, and plan on rewriting it soon. I wrote that brief summary of Heroes because of how often I found myself explaining it to new players in game as a Guide. I believe my opinions on the balance of the classes could bring a "zoomed out" perspective of how everything works together that my fellow team members might not grasp at first.

Additional Info: I'm always willing to contribute to Herocraft! (edit) I'm also the highest posting member on this forum besides Brutal and Kainzo, so you know I'm not shy to voice my opinions, concerns, and approval on anything I'm tasked with looking into!

xxrekkedxx

Coal
  1. When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Feb 5th 2012
  2. Age at the time of this application.15 Feb 18 2012
  3. Whats your favorite Path/Spec? dragoon mainly because its the only class ive been able to be (Dont plan in the least to make this class better only looking to help balance out all the classes)
  4. How often can you test on the test server?I Already play on the server a lot but it all depense i can be on the server week days from 5-whatever needs to be not sure what timezone you on but im central and weekends just about all day
  5. What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I want to be on the balance team so that i can make the game more fair for everyone so that if someone want to be something thats not better than the others they arnt at a disadvantage and be able to compete with others on this amazing server I havnt been on the server long but i have been on other server with the same plugin so i still no what most of the classes do I would also love to bring new classes to the table if kainzo would let me well atleast pitch them atleast I also want to be on this team to be able to experience more classes than the 1 im currently on and i dont in the least think about trying to buff my own class (since i already like it how it is) I mainly would like to balance out the casters since I know a lot of people arnt happy with them and i wont try and share everyone elses opionion but have my own and my own perspective of how the class should be balanced out I mainly want to be on the balance team to help out the server so that some players wont rage quit over the classes but stay and hopefully join a town and get pvp active
  6. Additional info you would like to tell us? Please alow me to be on this team ive been admin on 3 different servers and i even owned my own server at 1 point so i know the importance of trying to make the game balanced so that no 1 player has advantage over the other hope you will let me join this team :D

MasterLink742

Legacy Supporter 7
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?: January 3, 2011
  • Age at the time of this application: 16
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec?: Beguiler (Or rather, when I played it, it was the enchanter)
  • How often can you test on the test server?: As often as I'm needed, and then some. I have plenty of time. I'm available all day on the weekends, and then after 4:30(CST) on most weekdays.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?: For all the classes I've played, I've worked towards making sure they were balanced. I always do my best to stay unbiased. I prefer things to be fair for all involved. I will fight for any and all changes that would balance the game, but I am not stubborn about things. I am calm by nature, and hardly ever get upset or angry.
Most people just list their good qualities, but I think it would help to know some of the not-so-good qualities. I am a shy person. I find it hard to say things some times. For Herocraft I have gotten used to the community (per se) and am a bit more open, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I also have a bit of an ego, so I don't talk much. I prefer to be right, so I tend to only talk when I am not wrong. As I get used to a group, this becomes less of a problem. (It is kind of hard to list my faults, as I am kind of biased towards myself. I don't know all my faults, but of them, I feel these are the biggest ones.)​
  • Additional Info: I may not be the perfect person, but this is something that really interests me. I would love to be a part of this and would not slack off. I would love to help make the not-so-appealing classes get some attention, and help the "overpowered" classes get less hate. I can get along with most people and second (and third, and fourth...) chances to those I don't initially get along with. I will always listen to one's problems though, regardless of my opinion towards them. Soon I will be learning to code in Java, and can code in C++.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft: Would that I could remember exactly. More than a year ago.
Age at the time of this application: 18
What's your favorite Path/spec?: I like Dragoons and Wizards.
How often can you test on the test server?: Not every day, but probably about an hour every second day or a bit more.

What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?:
Primarily, I recognize the big picture. I can step outside my personal preferences to understand how other people would utilize a new addition, and how it might affect the server in all it's aspects. My focus is what's fun for the community- the whole community, meaning people who play a class that gets tweaked and the people who play against it (providing they already have that hardcore mindset, of course). I'm a mature player who won't get upset at any decisions made and can make all of my recommendations with a level head.

EDIT: So apparently keeping the big picture in mind isn't much of a defining feature. :p
I'll restate that I want Heroes to be fun, even more than it is now. A few of my previous posts say that I would prefer everybody to be overpowered than underwhelming. This is definitely a factor in my thoughts.

Additional info:
I'm trying to cultivate an engineer's mentality and I think this has the potential to help greatly.
I very much like the idea of the HBTT and I hope I can help improve Herocraft along with the rest of these fine people.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft: January 6th 2011
  • Age at the time of this application: 17
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec: Warrior/Samurai, however, I really like Ranger and Wizard/Geomancer too
  • How often can you test on the test server: As long as I am not out fighting I will have all the time in the world.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team: I am unbiased, I have been here more than a year and got to watch Heroes grow into what it is now and I feel that allows me to see how all skills work based upon seeing them or using them myself. I also like to test all factors seeing whether one class will destroy another based upon levels before saying its unfair for a 55 to kill a level 1, its obviously not the classes in that case, where a level 1 killing a level 55 should be something to look at more. If I am let into this team, you can expect a lot of progress with Heroes being a wonderful plugin that the whole server can enjoy without the O chat spam of rage.
  • Additional Info: I have been begging for some sort of job for HC that allows me to use my creative head aside from the lore team which is kinda inactive at this time.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? 6 months ago
  • Age at the time of this application. 17
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Rogue/Ranger
  • How often can you test on the test server? As much as possible
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I would be the what if type of thinker. I pull in all factors into my head during an argument or testing and evaluate the facts on a scale and decide for myself, which side I would go along with. I like being in a third person perspective during an comparison, so I am able to gauge the pros and cons of the overall big picture, thus allowing myself to gain my OWN unbiased opinion. All I want is to make a better Heroes. What also give me an edge is that I did master EVERY class on the test server.
  • Additional Info: I love testing, period. Anytime Kainzo needs help testing, I have pretty much get to a stopping point and head over to help. I love helping finding the kinks in things, so there is nothing to worry about later and allowing the Heroes plugin to continue to excel and enhance itself more rapidly.

• When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?- Sept 10, 2011
  • Age at the time of this application.- 15
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Favorite path- warrior Favorite spec- As of now, samurai (I have yet to try all classes ;))
  • How often can you test on the test server? Most likely not as much as on the main server, but I am however willing to put in dedicated hours when I am available to be on herocraft/minecraft
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? All though I have not tried every class on the main herocraft server, I have had experience with almost all classes in test servers, allowing me to have gotten a taste of what its like to be in the class, in situations of fighting against mobs players of different classes and fighting styles. I am eager to volunteer my suggestions and experiences with the class system on Herocraft in order to better the fields of this server. Most importantly is that I lack bias, I don't rage and flame about a class being OP because one person beats me. I make careful consideration to what skills each class relies on, and whether or not the skill upsets the playing field to the extent of almost always winning due to large unbalance of damage and skill effect, or whether the winner simply has a superior handle of their class, and a better skill at pvping
  • Additional Info: Testing classes is a great way of both finding out the perfect class for oneself, it also helps find the perfect balance FOR the class. Please consider me for the job, I am only here to put forth my effort and suggestions in order to make herocraft as a whole better than ever, not to making unfair suggestions about the class I have mastered or are striving to master (though I will be making suggestions about them :p).

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
December 20, 2010
  • Age at the time of this application.
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
Crafter/Engineer [I'd feel comfortable with most crafter specs, I've been Smith, Mason and Engineer at some point in the development of Heroes.]
  • How often can you test on the test server?
I'd say around 1 hour a day of testing, number crunching, or some other Hero related item would be about where I'd feel comfortable.

• What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
I want to balance non-combat classes. Whereas everyone else is seeking to form a bridges of equality between combat classes to provide a fairer, more sustainable PvP experience, I would like to find ways to not necessarily make the crafting classes fairer in the same comparative context as PvP classes, but to find ways to make each class as useful as the other. I feel like if a role is not fulfilling its specific role in the economy as well as another noncombat class is, that is imbalanced in most regards.
  • Additional Info:
N/A

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? June 29th-30th last year
  • Age at the time of this application. 15( i have gained one year since my whitelist)
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? I would say rogue because of the variety(although ima caster now)
  • How often can you test on the test server? Practically everday after school. So 3 EST-10EST
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I have mastered both rogue and caster, and im not biased, because even though im a caster, i know they are unbalanced.
  • Additional Info: I love all heros and classes, and I won't try to make anyone OP or UP. Thanks for viewing :D

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
  • February 9th, 2011
Age at the time of this application.
Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
  • Right now, Dreadknight.
How often can you test on the test server?
  • I can be on anywhere from 3 hours to 7 hours a day, depending on the amount of work I have each day, and if I have sports that day. But I'm willing to shift the time I spend doing nothing of importance (quite a lot of time..) in the main server on to the test server to help balance different classes.
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
  • On Dragongarde, I've only played a Dreadknight. But previously, on old test maps and on Zeal, I spent time mastering classes such as Disciple, Cleric, Dragoon, Samurai, Paladin, Ranger, Ninja, Thief, Bard, Necromancer, Geomancer and Wizard. I know the main skills of each class that sets them apart and makes them unique, and I've learned to recognize the difference between and OP class and/or skill, and a player that knows how to play his class well. I've grown out of the phase of "Oh he killed me, so that means that class is OP" and will do my best to make constructive suggestions to aid in the balancing of Heroes. If you've seen me in game, you'd know that I am a leader of a town, with at least one player of every class, for the most part. I've seen these guys in action, I've heard their opinions as their own class, I've seen how well or how badly they play their class. I know what the definition of overpowered is due to this.
Additional Info:
  • I've been here for a VERY long time, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I've got the experience, and I've obtained the maturity level to be able to take a job like this seriously. I'm consistently active and don't disappear for long periods of time without notice, so I will always been available to test.