• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Team: Heroes Balance & Testing Team (HBTT)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft is forming a new team to help balance Heroes!

Who we're looking for:
We're looking for dedicated players who are UNBIASED and FOCUSED on the big picture of Heroes (All Classes/Paths in mind)

Who we're not looking for:
Players who are only interested in ONE path or ONE class to balance, we don't want selfish players only looking out for their class, it's important to balance everything.

How we'll communicate:
A separate forum will be made that everyone can read but only the balance team can post / reply on.

Why this team is important:
It will help balance the force with Heroes, including massive changes to various paths and specs for the greater good of the community and playerbase.

How do I apply?
Reply here, making a post with the requested info.
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
  • Age at the time of this application.
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
  • How often can you test on the test server?
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
  • Additional Info:

arcanegrove

Obsidian
• When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? November 2011
• Age at the time of this application. 14
• Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Warrior/samurai and paladin, can't make up my mind...
• How often can you test on the test server? Every night, for a couple hours.
• What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I love suggesting ideas. I like suggesting ideas so much that i prefer helping the devlopment of HC more then i do playing it :p I feel that i can bring lots of creative suggestion to HC, i also like helping others with thier suggestions to make it better.
• Additional Info: Im hardly ever negative, but i can be very stubborn. I love to build, and will design a battleground and 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 areana system for all to compete in( inbetween my balencing duties, of cource):D

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?: October 2nd 2011

Age at the time of this application: 15

Whats your favourite Path/Spec?: Warrior/Dragoon

How often can you test of the test server?: I can put aside at least a 1 or 2 hours each night for it

What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?: I have no intention of forcing a bias opinion, I strive for a Herocraft which is fair not one dominated by one path/spec. I am a very active and dedicated player who is very familiar with the Heroes plugin and its workings. I am also not scared to voice my opinions, if I believe something is not quite right.. you can count on me to speak up.

Additional Info: I am an active and avid PvPer and I love to make use of all of the Heroes plugin's skills, I am not looking to boost my own class in anyway. I am just looking for balance and a server which allows skill to take over in a fight not of OP'ness of a class..

c12095

Holy Shit!
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Jun 22, 2011

Age at the time of this application. 17

Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Caster/Dragoon

How often can you test on the test server? As often as required, I spend my day, every day on TS with my town members while playing on Herocraft, or some other game. If I can't get on Teamspeak I check the forums when possible.

What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? Any good game requires balancing, I have played many fun games that put me off due to balancing issues. I used to be a long term WoW player, but they made too many excessive changes to the classes, either over buffing (Ice Mages in WOTLK :p) or and excessive nerf. I try to stay active on the Suggestion and Bug Report portions of the forums to read up on peoples ideas for classes, or to report and bugs I find with skills. When it comes to balancing I would like to think of myself as an unbiased person, I know how much an OP class or character can ruin a great game and I hope that I can help give suggestions to further Herocraft down its path.

Additional Info: I like to think of myself as an active PvPer so it is easy to judge how classes do in combat, but you can't base everything off numbers or a description. The player has to know how to use the class to its fullest extent, and see how others use the class also, otherwise there will be pointless buffs or nerfs.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? January 5th, 2012
  • Age at the time of this application. 22
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? caster/wizard
  • How often can you test on the test server?1-2 hours a day, maybe 3-5 times a week
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? Although i do occasionally pvp, my expertise is on selling goods and whatnot so i would say this puts me in a perfect position to test without giving a bias opinion whatsoever. On that note, i feel that balance largely helps in bringing in more people to the server and keeps the veterans here even longer to create an incredible community. sure, my pvp experience is rather limited, but i call that a benefit when it comes to balancing without bias remarks.
  • Additional Info: i may be young to the server but i feel in the short time here i've learned a lot, grown a lot, and have made a positive impact on quite a few people playing on this server. Joining the balance team would be a great privelage to make an even larger positive impact on people.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? June 29, 2011 (I think :O)
  • Age at the time of this application : 18
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Warrior. I like the playstyle of samurai though it feels somewhat lacking in fun factor which is why I like to stick to dragoon.
  • How often can you test on the test server? I can usually be online for a good 5-6 hours a night, half of which I can gladly donate to the test server.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I have a lot of experience with the pvp of herocraft, mostly 1v1 balance. I have quite a bit of knowledge of every spec and how to play it due to the fact that although I really have only been a warrior, I talk to my brother quite a bit and he has played every non warrior spec. I am easily willing to voice my opinions and observations as I'm sure many people have noticed. I care a lot more about balance than I do anything else. I also have a lot of time and patience which seems to be necessary to deal with people's opinions on balance.
  • Additional Info: I was a somewhat well known pvper throughout the zeal map and still do very well on the new map. I have a lot of experience with all specs mostly in a 1v1 situation. Having fought almost everybody from last map in a 1v1 at some point or another I know my strengths and weaknesses and typically have a formula for fighting any spec as any spec. I do typically have strong opinions and can be quite stubborn, but I do not believe it causes my objectivity to go away. Almost every suggestion or complaint that I've given as far as balance goes has always been backed up with experience from more than 1 person and perspectives of many people. Also I'm somewhat proud to say that I have a really good post to like ratio :D.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Feb 7 2011
  • Age at the time of this application. 18
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Caster - Necromancer/Beguiler
  • How often can you test on the test server? Whenever I'm online more or less
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I'm 100% unbiased been with herocraft for over a year and have watched classes evolved and had a chance to play a few different roles - I see heroes as a teamfight style game and prefer to balance classes to work as a team (as in my opinion the community is key in herocraft) to defeat their opposition.
  • Additional Info: I'm not too sure what I can add to this application other than the fact that I am open minded and try to listen to all views presented before putting my own forward

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?:
1st of October 2011
Age at the time of this application.:
Whats your favorite Path/Spec?:
None. Still trying various specs / paths. I've been a rogue, a ninja and a caster so far.
How often can you test on the test server?:
As often as I play on the normal server. If a lot of testing is necessary, I can be online almost all day.
I usually play about 30 - 35 hours a week.
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?:
I think this is where my previous experience as Beta Tester for another game (a First-Person-Shooter - Uberstrike) comes in handy. I've been a Beta Tester (together with madsplatter, heylookitskyle and leeness) for more than 2 years now (got accepted on the 17th of June 2009) and enjoy helping the developers to create a fair and fun game for everyone and not for a dominating Spec. Furthermore, I'm neither afraid nor too shy to stand to my opinion and will always voice my opinion.
Additional Info:
I've been around for 4 - 5 months now and know the gameplay very well; I also do know most of the different classes and their strenghts and weaknesses.
The knowledge that I acquired during my time as Beta Tester will, hopefully, allow me to spot imbalances in the gameplay and help me to come up with an appropriate solution that I, then, can present to the staff.
Thanks for the time you took to review this application.
- Upb

When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
Summer of 2011​
Age at the time of this application 16​
Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
It's between Rogue->Bard and Warrior->Samurai, both which I have mastered on HeroCraft.​
How often can you test on the test server?
Should be on every day​
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
I feel that there are critical balance issues that need to be addressed and many different areas that need to be cracked down. I believe I could do very well at addressing and correcting the issues. I also am very active on the forums, I read them daily and reply often. I try to keep my strong opinions to myself but I believe this is where I can freely express them. I also would love to help implement these balance changes on the Wiki. I currently try to keep the classes I play updated but with current information for all the classes I could be more efficient in updating it. I am very well off on the main server and don't have much do to there anymore so I could be completely dedicated to this. As a few others, I too used to play a game called Uberstrike. I am currently a Moderator/Beta-tester. This said, I have delt with many balance issues on the game that has given me much experience. Anyway, I would love to share my opinions and bring my balance suggestions to the table.​
Additional Info:
Thank you for reading and I hope you consider.​

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? September 5th, 2011
  • Age at the time of this application. 19 years.
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Erm, disciple? I like many different spec's, but that is what I am now.
  • How often can you test on the test server? 0.5-3 hours a day, varies day to day.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? Well, I always try to maintain a center of calm. If you ask anyone who knows me, I am very level headed, and rarely lose my temper. I try to be friends with everyone. I don't prefer one thing over another just based on my experience. I prefer to lear and study it, before putting out a final opinion. I have mastered many classes on the test server, and played with them, and therefore have some knowledge on how certain classes should work.
  • Additional Info: I love herocraft, and wish to see and end to the balance questions. I know I am one of the people that voice for different spec's to be buffed or nerfed, but I feel I can help more here. I want help players have good time on the server. Thanks for looking at my App.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? October 2011
  • Age at the time of this application: 33
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? i don't have just one, take forever to grind one out, so i mess with one till something else catches my eye. I would love to master ever single class there is, just don't have the time.( and i get sidetracked by other cool things to do in server)
  • How often can you test on the test server? As often as I can, mostly evenings and weekends due to this evil thing called a job.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I am not a 'avid PVPer' . I like the occasional fight but meh, find fighting mobs and exploring/building to be waaay more fun. HeroCraft is more then pvp/fighting, its a living entity, it has is own life force. Its community drives it and it ebbs, flows like the tide.
  • Additional Info: This is about making HeroCraft as awesome as can be, in all aspects, not just pvp, but everything else that make the server/community great ! To be able to cater to all types of players, the fighters, the lovers, and me !!

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
When were you Whitelisted on Herocraft?
-Late March 2011​
Age at the time of this application?
-14​
Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
-Dragoon​
How often can you test on the test server?
-I usually play about 4-5 hours a day everyday, I am pretty much open to help when ever you need testing.​
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
-I have been playing Herocraft for a very long time and i have been a lot of classes on the test server and real server. For much of this time I have been a healer, they are always at the back of the fight healing the members. I have seen which classes need buffing and which classes need to be de-buffed. To me if is very obvious when a class is under powered or overpowered. I have also played TF2 quite a bit. The classes in that game are spot on each is as equal as the rest and it is just skill that decides the winner. That is what I want Herocraft to be like.​
Additional Info:
-In Zeal I mastered Cleric Druid and Monk (Disciple), they all seemed to be designed for 1v1 use, but of course that was not what they are meant for. In Dragongarde I have mastered Dragoon and I am level 45 Paladin.​
-Sigpit​

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to help out with Heroes. Not sure if i have time, but if i do have time i will apply.

Carlover1234

Obsidian
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Sep. 2011
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? I like a lot of paths and specs so far but I really like the Healer and Disciple class
  • How often can you test on the test server? Every few days or everyday. So often.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? Well not only would I give my opinion but I would also take opinions from other towns and my town too! So we can know the opinion of the majority of the server and see different ideas. Also I do and will look at forums that deal with suggesting skills for classes. I would suggest these ideas with the creators permission and would give the creator credit. I would also be willing to test ideas and give feedback on them. In the past I have suggested new ideas and have reported bugs. I also check the wiki often and look at changes made for classes.
  • Additional Info: I like to try different things and I love suggesting ideas! I am also willing to listen to others and give Honest feedback. Also I will try to see faults in my ideas as well. Thanks, carlover1234:)

HollowSith

Diamond
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?: September 10th. 2011.
Age at the time of this application?: 20
What's your favourite Path/Spec?: Caster/ Wizard
How often can you test on the test servr?: I play just about everyday for around 2-4 hours. Sacrificing some of this time to help out would be a privilege.
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?: I excel at analysing what is as a whole. Skills, classes, items, server and players. I don't simple cry OP when something isn't in MY or anyone else's favour. I take my time, judge and come up with a counter idea. Be it a new skill entirely or a new variation of an existing skill, I do my best to give positive feedback that can constructively benefit the server as a whole. I am a active player dedicated to fair game play. This also applies to new/ old plugins and/or rules. I understand this is a team based environment and will work hard with the other chosen members of the team to complete the tasks at hand. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge and experience via Herocraft.
Additional Info: HC is my way of de-stressing and meeting people with positive personalities that help brighten up my day. This is one of the only servers out there that actively interact with their community to help better the players gameplay; thus greatly improving the HC experience. HC has given me a virtual venue to find friends, work on problems - both personal and virtual, become part of a team (In-Game) and give me more laughs a day then anything else. Helping with Balancing would be the least I could do. My way of giving back.

madsplatter

Diamond
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? March 26th, 2011
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Healer/Cleric
  • How often can you test on the test server? As often as needed, I have a fairly flexible schedule at this time of year. I'd put it at anywhere between 1-4 hours a day, occasionally more on weekends.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? I have experience that sets me apart from many others applying along side me. To begin with, I have outside experience with testing in various degrees. Like @Upb34t , I used to/still do play a FPS game called Uberstrike. Over the few years I've played, I slowly became a well known member of the community, and eventually was invited to become a beta tester of the game a bit more then a year ago. This includes submitting weekly bug reports, testing various aspects of the game, new builds, and often give my suggestions pertaining to new items, weapons, and maps. When the new version of Uberstrike was released, it was a galactic mess. Many weapons were overpowered to the point where playing was nearly impossible, items and armor gave people such significant advantages that competing without them was a ridiculous feat. And thus, the task of rebalancing the ENTIRE game fell upon the beta team and I, a process which is still going on to this day. I am well versed in submitting suggestions, balancing overpowered items, and I can apply this previous experience to Minecraft as well. -- As a member of Herocraft for nearly a year, I've seen the entirety of the Heroes plugin, from the first frantic days of release, to now. I am experienced with most classes and paths, taking a fair amount of time to try out what I could on the test server, and am willing to become familiar with any class I do not know quite as well yet. I guess in a weird way I am unbiased, as this map I have not yet chosen a class to spec or master, and therefore don't really have any pre-existing disposition. Overall, I am determined, willing and have the experience necessary to make me a helpful asset, and a strong tester for Heroes.
  • Additional Info: I feel like I said what I really wanted to in the above^^, but anyway, a while ago back in October I applied for proctor. (I guess my app was deleted, was going to link, but no link, sorry. :c ) I was turned down due to me being 13 at the time, 2 years under the 15 year old age requirement. Since then, I have gained a year, and I hope me being underage isn't a factor in this application.
Thanks,
Mad. :)

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft? Not long ago, 1-2 months actually
  • Age at the time of this application. 15
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Caster/Necromancer OR Wizard (hard to make mind up)
  • How often can you test on the test server? Name a time, and i will be on in less than .5 seconds
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?: Iwould say a goal to make this balanced, but no. in fact what sets me apart is that i have played on 7 servers with class systems (favorite yogscast rpg server but its HC <3 as of 1-2 months ago ) and i have experienced this before and tried my best as a community member to help. I also have had experience with fps games and have spotted millions of bugs over the past year. Skyrim for instance had a sound bug when you entered caves, and was fixed soon after, i saw it i did not speak up though BUT i have played MC since alpha, and when it was just grass and trees, i know alot about the game and as do many people, i also am very kind person, not sarcastic, tend to be quite comical sometimes and even can make my own games ( currently in dev. is one of my games using unity3d and some others to make a nice little fps called The Current; started not long ago :) ) i know that coding in notepad is bad aswell... :D
  • Additional Info: played on Yogscast RPG server (similar classes, was balanced so i know what i am looking for)
    have played and died many times due to imbalanced classes ( like rogue vs caster whereas rogue>caster)
    have experienced being in a party, where it was way to overpowered, on other servers too.
    I enjoy work (ask my grades, i wont have much HW)
    I accomplished many things in several weeks, like joining a town. becoming a council on the town (now ambassador) collected alot of rare minerals to help town (got reset 5 times by sister xD ) won lottery, helped build the casino (or give a good idea of some concepts in it) this was in under 2 weeks so i can accomplish

EDIT: Whats your favorite Path/Spec? now that i think of it, all specs and paths are cool and server their own purpose but above are just 2 of my many faves

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Ign: jazza411
I have played for about 5 months.
I play so often omg it's my whole life practically
Reason I want to be a hero tester:
I would love to be a hero tester because i love to try new classes and test out new skills, on this map I have tried Rogue, Ranger, Thief and healer. also on the test server i tried them all out. I also reckon I would do a good job is because i'm eager to have responsibilities in the herocraft community and take some of the load off the people who are doing a good job.

Any additional info: I am a sports leader, I play lots of sport but still play a lot of hc, I have made a lot of friends in hc, I wish to succeed in herocraft and whatever I do and I feel like if you gave me an opportunity I would blow you away with what I can do.

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
  • When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?: April 23 2011
  • Age at the time of this application: 14
  • Whats your favorite Path/Spec? Caster/Geomancer
  • How often can you test on the test server? My schedule overall is pretty free anytime. The only times I will not be free is on the weekends occasion.
  • What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team? What would set me apart from other members applying for the Balance team is that I can put myself in other's shoes. I can see other people's points of views, take them into account and try to find ways that can make the game more enjoyable for them. I've been here since Sanctum and since Heroes was first released, so I have a feel for the classes on this server. Instead of yelling "OP!!!" in Off Topic chat, I constructively criticize the skill I feel is unbalanced and think outside of the box to not only find ways to please the community, but nerf the class fairly without the users being too disappointed. I was actually one of the few Geomancers that wasn't complaining about it getting nerfed, but I was actually pushing for the nerf of fireball. I'm not in for this job just for myself, but make the overall gameplay on this server more enjoyable.
  • Additional Info: HeroCraft is a great server that has made Minecraft into a whole new experience and I am applying to help make it a greater one. I've been here for a while and I can say that I've had a lot of fun here and I hope that you consider my application but I'm fine with whatever decision is made.