• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Siege Idea

Should siege cannons turn on pvp?

• No, because I would rather sit around and wait for their money to run out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johnnjlee

TNT
So I was thinking, what if when you siege a town, instead of just waiting around for the town that is attacking you to run out of money, the outpost turns on pvp for the two towns within the area. Things that this would include

*dying would cost the outpost/town X amount of power.
*Siege cannons are needed to keep the pvp barrier on.
*Once outpost is out of power, it looses protection, requiring some one to go up to it an finish it off.
*A forewarning to the entire server
*siege cannon lasts 30 min and have a 2 hour cool down (debatable)
*Defense cannons would increase the cooldown for the siege cannon.
*The siege cannon is vulnerable to damage when it is active.

Just a thought

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I like the concept but I wouldn't like this concept being added to any current regions. I would rather have the PVP flags being turned on for both parties when one of them declares war between them. Siege cannons serve only one purpose and that is to drain SR power. If you add all these other factors into them, I can see it really becoming hard to use them as intended. With that being said, I would have it so;

Function; War
Desc; This is a mechanic mostly aimed at crippling a target SR's bank. As well as this, it can provide a smallish power drain for both parties involved
Affects; Drains SR that declared war of 500 souls per day, drains target SR of 350 souls per say. PVP flags are turned on between both parties SR's. If a member of that SR is killed, 1 power will be drained per person with a cap of 50 power per 24 hours.

Note; Your poll hasn't got the best options, a simple "Yes, I like this idea" or "No, I dislike this idea" would of been ALOT better ;)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I would rather force people to have an alignment for their town again (good neutral and evil etc.) evil towns are at war with everyone, good towns nobody but evil towns and neutral who can declare war when they like on anyone but for a cost. Also I would like to see karma brought back, the greater the difference of karma between 2 players from a PVP death the greater power loss or higher reward.

Townless can only be attacked by other Townless people.

Evil towns could pay much higher taxes, good towns lower taxes (but both still within reason) and neutral only increase slightly when they are at war.

To me this seems like a pretty good compromise between PVP and PVE and gives use to town PVP and karma which I really wish would come back

johnnjlee

TNT
I like the concept but I wouldn't like this concept being added to any current regions. I would rather have the PVP flags being turned on for both parties when one of them declares war between them. Siege cannons serve only one purpose and that is to drain SR power. If you add all these other factors into them, I can see it really becoming hard to use them as intended. With that being said, I would have it so;

Function; War
Desc; This is a mechanic mostly aimed at crippling a target SR's bank. As well as this, it can provide a smallish power drain for both parties involved
Affects; Drains SR that declared war of 500 souls per day, drains target SR of 350 souls per say. PVP flags are turned on between both parties SR's. If a member of that SR is killed, 1 power will be drained per person with a cap of 50 power per 24 hours.

Note; Your poll hasn't got the best options, a simple "Yes, I like this idea" or "No, I dislike this idea" would of been ALOT better ;)
Ok, fair enough :p

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I would rather force people to have an alignment for their town again (good neutral and evil etc.) evil towns are at war with everyone, good towns nobody but evil towns and neutral who can declare war when they like on anyone but for a cost. Also I would like to see karma brought back, the greater the difference of karma between 2 players from a PVP death the greater power loss or higher reward.

Townless can only be attacked by other Townless people.

Evil towns could pay much higher taxes, good towns lower taxes (but both still within reason) and neutral only increase slightly when they are at war.

To me this seems like a pretty good compromise between PVP and PVE and gives use to town PVP and karma which I really wish would come back

Okay, okay I have to admit. I really do like this idea.

Evil towns;

+Costs 350 souls to declare war (30% less)
+costs 300 souls to sustain the war per cycle
+declaring peace costs 650 souls (30% more)
+Pay 25% more server tax

Good towns;

+Costs 650 to declare war (30% more)
+Costs 500 souls to sustain war per cycle
+declaring peace costs 350 (30% less)
+Pay 25% less server tax

Neutral towns;

+costs 500 souls to declare war
+Costs 400 souls to sustain the war per cycle
+declaring peace costs 500 souls
+No change in server tax

Extra perks;

+If an evil player kills a good player within the war, 2 power is lost per kill. Vise versa. No change for neutral.

Note;

I wouldn't have it so town mems can't attack townless mems. There's not enough people pvping currently to enforce such a change. I wouldn't be able to PVP @cat_8898 until he actually joined a township ;)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Beau_Nearh it would encourage people to be a part of a town if they wanted to PVP, it would also cut down on noobs being killed.

I really would prefer that the evil towns would automatically be at war with everyone, but pay 35- maybe 40% more in tax to sustain it, and take much more money to declare peace or ally someone, maybe like 1 or 2k. @Kainzo had said when they live tested karma that he wanted drawbacks and positives for both sides.

People that want to just PVP can be in an evil town, but then pay the increased costs. PVE people could be in a good town, only at risk of being killed by the evil towns and maybe a neutral town at times. Neutral towns would be people that somewhat like PVP but not all the time.

It might still look like all I want is PVP everywhere, but it would come at a much higher cost and towns not choosing that will have a much easier time meeting tax requirements and maybe other things.

I mostly just want karma back because there is so much that could be done with it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@Beau_Nearh it would encourage people to be a part of a town if they wanted to PVP, it would also cut down on noobs being killed.

I really would prefer that the evil towns would automatically be at war with everyone, but pay 35- maybe 40% more in tax to sustain it, and take much more money to declare peace or ally someone, maybe like 1 or 2k. @Kainzo had said when they live tested karma that he wanted drawbacks and positives for both sides.

People that want to just PVP can be in an evil town, but then pay the increased costs. PVE people could be in a good town, only at risk of being killed by the evil towns and maybe a neutral town at times. Neutral towns would be people that somewhat like PVP but not all the time.

It might still look like all I want is PVP everywhere, but it would come at a much higher cost and towns not choosing that will have a much easier time meeting tax requirements and maybe other things.

I mostly just want karma back because there is so much that could be done with it.
My only issue with your good or evil idea is too much of an increase for Evil would be to big a drawback IMO. The increase Beau suggested works pretty well IMO (I do agree about the Peace cost being higher however since they war all good towns).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
My only issue with your good or evil idea is too much of an increase for Evil would be to big a drawback IMO. The increase Beau suggested works pretty well IMO (I do agree about the Peace cost being higher however since they war all good towns).
For this to be on the entire map you would need a huge drawback for evil, or you would get people from PVE complaining that people can make a town a pretty much have PVP everywhere with no drawback.

It's meant to be somewhat of a drawback to maybe get people from PVE not to totally hate it