• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Miner Skill

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How about an ability to mine 3x3 in short bursts with a shortish cooldown at the cost of not gaining resources. This could help with digging under-cities etc and give miners more useful abilities actually related to digging.

So you would mine block (X) and all of the surrounding blocks (O) would break as well
OOO
OXO
OOO

Thoughts on this?

sidesummy

Glowstone
Oh god, yes please. This would be so nice for clearing large underground areas, and make miners true to their function :)

also diggy diggy...

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yep, I made a thread early this year about this and a few days after you were thinking of it of it. As @ShadowRavynn said in my thread. Gold doesn't have much use anymore so having this skill could bring in more use to miner.

Since I heard you deal with professions on balance team, @Yavool

Old thread where 5 others also want this to happen to miner: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/profession-skill.48239/

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
How about an ability to mine 3x3 in short bursts with a shortish cooldown at the cost of not gaining resources. This could help with digging under-cities etc and give miners more useful abilities actually related to digging.

So you would mine block (X) and all of the surrounding blocks (O) would break as well
OOO
OXO
OOO

Thoughts on this?

The Runecraft plugin had a special rune that did exactly this. I loved it. Would this be at the expense of Excavate?

While we are on the topic of Miners, they are still not receiving crafting XP on Sanctuary (not sure about on Aegis)

I also say that the diamonds dropped from mining stone be increased by at least double or triple. It barely happened in my entire ascention to max Miner.

-yav

MajDeath

Portal
The Runecraft plugin had a special rune that did exactly this. I loved it. Would this be at the expense of Excavate?

While we are on the topic of Miners, they are still not receiving crafting XP on Sanctuary (not sure about on Aegis)

I also say that the diamonds dropped from mining stone be increased by at least double or triple. It barely happened in my entire ascention to max Miner.

-yav

Replacing Excavate with a short burst of 3x3 mining would NOT be worth it. Just activate excavate with an efficiency 4 diamond pick. stone = butter

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Replacing Excavate with a short burst of 3x3 mining would NOT be worth it. Just activate excavate with an efficiency 4 diamond pick. stone = butter
If this were added it would be an additional skill and wouldn't be replacing anything.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
This would be really awesome and actually make Miners a little more useful!

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
only thing i would ask is that it does not destroy ores but that may be too over powered

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I personally like SuperHeat skill! I would not want it to be gotten rid of.

This skill sounds really cool, but I would hope it didnt destroy ores. I would never use it if it did destroy ores... Just sayin. ^_^

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally like SuperHeat skill! I would not want it to be gotten rid of.

This skill sounds really cool, but I would hope it didnt destroy ores. I would never use it if it did destroy ores... Just sayin. ^_^
only thing i would ask is that it does not destroy ores but that may be too over powered

It would be way too overpowered if it didnt destroy ores. I think danda's suggestion is great.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It would be way too overpowered if it didnt destroy ores. I think danda's suggestion is great.
This we effectively has this skill in back in the old runecraft days back in Kingdom and early Sanctum but it got removed due to it being so. This is just a balancing method and to focus the skill as a space clearer and not as a resource mining tool.